follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 12-03-2015, 04:40 AM   #29
An Amish Woman

Drives: '15 WRB Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Got a few updates I haven't had the time to post until now.
Just got my x-mas present in the mail today. Ordered it myself. I'll take pictures after Christmas

Picked up a low-profile jack that was on sale. Took it out of the box, but still haven't used it.

During my oil/transmission fluid change, I added the Fumoto valve. Which is fantastic by the way! Hoping the Motul tans fluid would have resolved the issue of 2nd gear not engaging. Took it to the dealer, They ended up telling me they could feel what I was talking about, but they couldn't see anything wrong with it. Told me to bring it back after another 1000 miles. All the other gears are like butter! So it was worth the change. (Cellfone pics)

Currently parked the car for the winter. Right before doin that I was about to wash it for the last time of the year and noticed the passenger tail light had about 3 inches of water in it! It had rained for 2 days.
So I'm currently tryin to resolve that issue.

[ MISSING PICTURES ]

'15 WRB BRZ Limited (Summer)
'93 Ford Festiva L (Work Horse / Race Project)

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 08-19-2017 at 03:52 AM.
An Amish Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:54 AM   #30
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Wow. What exactly did the prick with the Edsel say to you? I'm curious to know how much of a douchebag he is.

Also, nice car
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
An Amish Woman (12-04-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 09:10 AM   #31
chezplatypus

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 9300 miles, auto trans
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice jack! My dad has a pair of those! Fits like a glove under his Fiero, so it'll be great for the BRZ!
Also, nice to see someone else with a Pontiac, the SC/T is about as good looking as a Grand Am could get!
And god I love Reattas. I don't even know why. That's just a cool little car.
chezplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:53 PM   #32
An Amish Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
Wow. What exactly did the prick with the Edsel say to you? I'm curious to know how much of a douchebag he is.

Also, nice car
Funny thing was he walked around my car twice, checking it out. Then he decided to approach me!

The Following User Says Thank You to An Amish Woman For This Useful Post:
KR-S (12-04-2015)
Old 12-04-2015, 12:08 AM   #33
An Amish Woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezplatypus View Post
Nice jack! My dad has a pair of those! Fits like a glove under his Fiero, so it'll be great for the BRZ!
Also, nice to see someone else with a Pontiac, the SC/T is about as good looking as a Grand Am could get!
And god I love Reattas. I don't even know why. That's just a cool little car.
I read in a few auto magazines that is one of the best jacks to buy. Found mine at Harbor Freight.
Oh, you've got a Grand Am too? That car has always caught my eye when I started driving. Finally found one and it was in my town! They have their problems, but it's the best car I've drivin in the snow. I kept it for that reason. (and not being able to sell it for anything....)
I had plans to buy the SC/T body kit, but I think deep down I knew I was going to buy a new car anyhow.

I'll tell my uncle you like it. That'll make him happy. It really is a neat car. It has a computer screen head unit that controls everything. Really luxurious for that year of a car. I'll have to take a picture of the inside.

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 04-28-2016 at 08:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:14 AM   #34
chezplatypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Amish Woman View Post
I read in a few auto magazines that is one of the best jacks to buy. Found mine at Harbor Freight.
Oh, you've got a Grand Am too? That car has always caught my eye when I started driving. Finally found one and it was in my town! They have their problems, but it's the best car I've drivin in the snow. I kept it for that reason. (and not being able to sell it for anything....)
I had plans to buy the SC/T body kit, but I think deep down I was going to buy a new car anyhow.

I'll tell my uncle you like it. That'll make him happy. It really is a neat car. It has a computer screen head unit that controls everything. Really luxurious for that year of a car. I'll have to take a picture of the inside.
Eh, I have an '05 Grand Prix. Love that there's another Pontiac fan here though! My brother has owned 3 Grand Ams, and now a G6. Dad's got a Grand Prix GXP, Fiero, and Lemans, and Mom has a Torrent. We're kind of a pontiac family.
I hear you though, my GP is just about to hit 200k, so I may as well keep it until it totally dies, it's not like I could get anything for it. I was gonna put a little money into it beyond maintenance, but then I ended up with the FR-S and well, why bother customizing the family sedan? haha!

If the inside of that Reatta is anywhere near as clean as the outside, that's still one nice car!
Old 12-09-2015, 12:27 AM   #35
An Amish Woman

Quote:
Eh, I have an '05 Grand Prix. Love that there's another Pontiac fan here though! My brother has owned 3 Grand Ams, and now a G6. Dad's got a Grand Prix GXP, Fiero, and Lemans, and Mom has a Torrent. We're kind of a pontiac family.
I hear you though, my GP is just about to hit 200k, so I may as well keep it until it totally dies, it's not like I could get anything for it. I was gonna put a little money into it beyond maintenance, but then I ended up with the FR-S and well, why bother customizing the family sedan? haha!

If the inside of that Reatta is anywhere near as clean as the outside, that's still one nice car!
My dad is old fashioned and works at GM. My family was always told we can only have american made cars. Mom bought a Juke a few years back. So I figured I could get by with getting one too. Took him on a ride and he laughed and said how cool it was a few times.

Grand Ams just don't hold the value. Sucks. Then you have to end up putting a large sum of "car part money" on crap you don't wanna buy!

I'm surprised you haven't started customizing the family car! I can't help myself

The Reatta is pretty clean inside and out. My uncle picked it up from an older car collector who picked up up new. So no rust, low miles, minimal rock chips, and pristine interior. I believe it's an '89. It's even got a CD changer in the trunk!

Old 12-09-2015, 09:08 AM   #36
chezplatypus

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Amish Woman View Post
My dad is old fashioned and works at GM. My family was always told we can only have american made cars. Mom bought a Juke a few years back. So I figured I could get by with getting one too. Took him on a ride and he laughed and said how cool it was a few times.

Grand Ams just don't hold the value. Sucks. Then you have to end up putting a large sum of "car part money" on crap you don't wanna buy!

I'm surprised you haven't started customizing the family car! I can't help myself

The Reatta is pretty clean inside and out. My uncle picked it up from an older car collector who picked up up new. So no rust, low miles, minimal rock chips, and pristine interior. I believe it's an '89. It's even got a CD changer in the trunk!
Dang that thing is fully optioned!

I hear you on the expenses for the daily! I just put new tires on the GP, and now I need to do the suspension. May as well just lower it, it won't be any more expensive than NOT lowering it! I'll probably end up doing a few little things to it, maybe wheels from an Impala LTZ, but we'll see. There's a wedding to fund haha!
Old 12-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #37
An Amish Woman

Quote:
Dang that thing is fully optioned!

I hear you on the expenses for the daily! I just put new tires on the GP, and now I need to do the suspension. May as well just lower it, it won't be any more expensive than NOT lowering it! I'll probably end up doing a few little things to it, maybe wheels from an Impala LTZ, but we'll see. There's a wedding to fund haha!
Yah! It's a neat little car.

Impala wheels look kinda neat. I was thinking of them myself, but got the ones in the picture instead.
A wedding? I don't see any need in that. It's an unnecessary expense if you guys are already living together... That's all money that could be spent on cars!

Old 12-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #38
An Amish Woman

X-Mas Update

Finally got my car parked. Neighbor let me park in his new shop. The storage places around here wanted 60$ a month and my neighbor told me I could park it over there for FREE!!!! Can't say no to that!

I had no idea what to get for Christmas from my parents. Floor mats popped into my head. So I helped pay for them. My original floor mats already had stitching coming up already, and they are very hard to clean/keep clean.
Weather Tech with BRZ insert. From @dyodedynamics.

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 08-19-2017 at 03:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to An Amish Woman For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (12-28-2015)
Old 03-06-2016, 03:32 PM   #39
An Amish Woman

'15/'16 Winter Update

Saved up all winter for this! If I can find a car trailer, I could get it put on rather quick. Probably won't happen that way though.

Nameless Front Pipe/Over Pipe combo with Helmholtz Resonator Ball & High-flo Cat.
Nameless Axelback with 5" Muffler & Double Wall Slash Cut Exhaust Tips
Tomei Expreme UEL Header
Upgraded Grimmspeed Gaskets (not pictured)

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 08-19-2017 at 04:04 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to An Amish Woman For This Useful Post:
ajaxthebetter (04-09-2016), weederr33 (03-06-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 04:19 PM   #40
An Amish Woman

Had the exhaust installed a week now. Absolutely love it! Haven't been able to take pictures or video, because of the rain, wind, and snow. Pictures as soon as I can take them.

The people at Nameless are very helpful and nice. I had tried to get them to give me burnt titanium muffle tips but they told me that's something they can't do. I even offered to pay them extra for it, but they wern't having it. I was kinda sad. Because, the mufflers look stock if you don't know what your looking at. And burnt titanium tips look pretty neat. Aww well. Maybe I can find someone to do it for me later down the rad

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 08-19-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:54 PM   #41
An Amish Woman

Hit 5,000 miles. They sure do add up pretty fast.

I never took any pictures when I was installing the exhaust with the DSLR. I did get a shot with my phone of the headers however. I'll have to get some shots next time I change the oil.

Threw together a quick video of the exhaust. Just love it! There is no drone. After the idle goes down from a cold start, you can't really tell much of a difference from stock. It gets noticeably loud around 2.5-3K RPM.

Just need to get it tuned now. Check engine light come and goes. Huge pain not being able to use Cruse Control on long commutes.
The install took maybe an hour and a half? That was only because I had to drive 20 miles, so we had to let everything cool off.

I need to buy some kind of editing program. Windows Movie Maker is just a complete mess! Hope you all enjoy it though!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP6utRHzbWo"]'15 Subaru Brz Nameless Exhaust and Tomei UEL Header - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by An Amish Woman; 08-19-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:46 PM   #42
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,621 Times in 2,949 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
The exhaust sounds pretty good, so I bet it sounds even better in person

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote