follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #29
zooki

Drives: waiting on a 2021...
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Because JDM, yo.
1999 Ford F250 Powerstroke, the tow rig
1969 Mustang, the fast car....(:
zooki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #30
AsianStyle

Drives: Whiteout FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I think the real issue here is how little the OP seems to know in relation to how much money it sounds likes he's willing to dump into this car. The two combined make people think he is a troll.

I think several people gave you pretty sound info/advice:
1) No differences between 2013 to 2014
2) Get car and drive first before doing some serious mods

Do you know what all those mods are going to cost you?
AsianStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #31
CAMBAM_6
CAMBAM

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I think you should take a basic automotive course at a community college and learn a thing or two about engines before even considering a Turbo kit because its obvious you dont know what your getting into...but its your money who am i?
Old 10-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #32
Braces

Drives: 17 Alfa Romeo 4C
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
It doesn't help that the OP noob appears to be bragging about all the cool (read: expensive) stuff he has planned for the car. I'm sure there are alot of members here still saving to get the armrest.
Braces is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Braces For This Useful Post:
boredom.is.me (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #33
tiz22

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S (Raven) MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
The 2014 FR-S is way better than the 2014 BR-Z........

Now that's trolling
tiz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #34
Leonardo
Country Boy 4 Life

Drives: 19' & 06' Ridgelines, 13' FR-S
Thanked 5,291 Times in 2,720 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
OP's Number of posts = 2
OP's Number of searches = 0

Using the search button will help find simple information like engine specs.
Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #35
bkblitzed
is better than you

Drives: 2013 raven FRS
Thanked 1,347 Times in 745 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
yea the 13 has a family of crickets inside, while in the 14, they all died
bkblitzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #36
boredom.is.me
Custom User Title

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Thanked 1,182 Times in 697 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkblitzed View Post
yea the 13 has a family of crickets inside, while in the 14, they all died
The 14's have it too.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #37
Hanni_0176

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series MT
Quote:
The car is fast enough to have fun in easily. It'll never be fast enough for highway drags but it wasn't built for that.
Says who? Doesn't matter what the car was "built for." If someone wants to win rolling races with this car on the highway, they can in fact make it fast enough to do so. It would require a considerable amount of mods/boost or an engine swap, and it would be more cost effective with a different car, but your statement "it will never be fast enough" is wrong. If you add the word "stock" at the end, then sure. One major aspect in the FT86's favor is it's aerodynamic design, which has less drag at high mph than alot of other, much faster cars.
Hanni_0176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #38
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by whaap View Post
It shouldn't require a person to be a rocket scientist to look to the left column and see at the time of the op it was post number one and he joined our forum perhaps a little over a week ago. Because of the car we all enjoy there are a lot of first time car buyers here who have plenty of time in front of them to learn what they need to know about cars. Taking the first step on a car forum seems perfectly natural. We're getting an increasing number of members who need to lighten up a little bit.
C'mon, I just lost 15 lbs!

Spice is what makes life interesting, but I see your point. Don't want to get indigestion.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #39
KevinBRZ

Drives: BRZ
Is this really what this forum is about? Someone asks some questions and everyone shits down his neck? Everyone starts at zero, and some know more than others. What's the point of having an open community if the only people who can say anything are the ones who think they know all the answers? Isn't that the opposite of learning?

If you go ask a question on how to build a house, do you want everyone to insult you because you don't know all the building codes? Maybe I'll insult everyone of you because you don't know the differences between Ivybridge and Haswell, if you even know what I'm referring to. There is nowhere on this forum that says you have to know X amount of car facts before you can post or ask questions.
KevinBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KevinBRZ For This Useful Post:
BRZer86 (10-11-2013), humfrz (10-11-2013), jonboy99 (12-17-2013), whaap (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #40
CAMBAM_6
CAMBAM

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBRZ View Post
Is this really what this forum is about? Someone asks some questions and everyone shits down his neck? Everyone starts at zero, and some know more than others. What's the point of having an open community if the only people who can say anything are the ones who think they know all the answers? Isn't that the opposite of learning?

If you go ask a question on how to build a house, do you want everyone to insult you because you don't know all the building codes? Maybe I'll insult everyone of you because you don't know the differences between Ivybridge and Haswell, if you even know what I'm referring to. There is nowhere on this forum that says you have to know X amount of car facts before you can post or ask questions.

Don't get your panties in a bunch..its obvious why hes getting picked on, so many of these troll threads pop up all the time so ofcourse some are going to assume..i thought it was a troll myself but trolls usually dont post again defending their self so maybe hes just a super noob..he still got some good advice out of this thread either way if hes not trolling
Wo6M (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #41
BANGER
mad tyte jdm y0

Drives: 2010 Civic FA1
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BANGER
Quote:

Information in this age is everywhere.
It's expected to learn how to search for it yourself.
If you can't be arsed to search for something so easily available yourself and which has been answered billions of times, of course you will be chastised.

I get being nice to newbies, but learning to seek for information yourself first is an expectation that applies to everyone.
Being nice to this sort of question in this sort of forum is just PC.

This is something along the lines of RTFM.
strat61caster (10-10-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #42
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:

1. He got his answer in the very first post.
2. Some people assume troll
3. We're having fun after that.

He got the answer, but really if he is talking about mods like that he should be able to search the engine is the same. He did get some good advice while other gave him a bit of crap. non of it was out of hand and would take place in normal life at meets and stuff all the time. No one seriously dissed him and after he responded again he got more help. Its good you are looking out for people. If you see really offensive posts please report them and help keep the forum clean and community positive and friendly. Thats always the best course of action and mods here are super quick to get on them.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain damage