follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-27-2015, 01:51 AM   #1
FRS'd

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Front Turn Signal Diode Dynamics Switchback Installation Question

Hey guys, I bought the diode dynamics HP24 switchback bulb for my FRS. My question is how to get access to the bulb to swap them out.

Any ideas?

FRS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
Joyride86

Drives: 15 FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
You need to remove the clips in the fender liner. Pull it back and you'll get access to the lights. Just grab and twist the socket and install with the switchbacks. That's all there is to it. Easy mod and it looks great.
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn, LEDs, HIDs | Yospeed Custom Plaque and Frame | Suntek Carbon Tint | Spyder Smoked Side Markers | GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocator and Hood Struts | Five:AD Spoiler | JDM Armrest | Beat-Sonic Backup Cam | Moddiction Anvil 2 | Invidia N2 |
Joyride86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 08:35 AM   #3
FRS'd

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I have the greddy front lip so i guess i would need to remove that. I wonder if thhere is a way to access it from the front by removing the plastic insert where the fog lights would be

FRS'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:17 AM   #4
Joyride86

Drives: 15 FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
You might be able to just undo the 3-4 clips in the fender without doing the one below. You just need enough space to fit your hand in. You'll be doing it blind but you can feel it out.
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn, LEDs, HIDs | Yospeed Custom Plaque and Frame | Suntek Carbon Tint | Spyder Smoked Side Markers | GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocator and Hood Struts | Five:AD Spoiler | JDM Armrest | Beat-Sonic Backup Cam | Moddiction Anvil 2 | Invidia N2 |
Joyride86 is offline   Reply With Quote