follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:23 PM   #29
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Drives: Goal: Oldest FRS State Side
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Here's my 2 cents... isn't this count as "Street Racing" genre? or this count in different genre?
ummm i have no idea how you got street racing out of that vid? As for the OP i see no harm in what he did, looks like he knows the road but not the car yet. Also seems like a dead road since no one travels up it. Their is a road where i live that is just like this, many people do the same thing.
Travis (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #30
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
Yeah...for a second there I thought it was Senna driving...especially from 2:20 - 2:27... Smoooooth.....
dont know if we are watching the same video but he said he was trying to drift it, so those were on purpose.
Travis (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #31
Sambosis

Drives: FR-S Asphalt MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Just curious... what settings did you have traction control and VSC set to?
Old 09-22-2012, 10:27 PM   #32
chulooz
Registered you sir

Drives: 99 impreza coupe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Rookie driver for sure. Looked like fun though.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #33
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Getting the big because the small one ain't enough.

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
Old 09-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #34
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
dont know if we are watching the same video but he said he was trying to drift it, so those were on purpose.
Didn't hear him say that. All I could hear was the giggly passenger who seemed to be on acid...

Old 09-22-2012, 11:11 PM   #35
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
I'm sure we've all been guilty of doing some stupid things in our lives. I know I have. The only thing I would have done differently is not advertise!!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #36
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,058 Times in 8,329 Posts
Mentioned: 678 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
ummm i have no idea how you got street racing out of that vid? As for the OP i see no harm in what he did, looks like he knows the road but not the car yet. Also seems like a dead road since no one travels up it. Their is a road where i live that is just like this, many people do the same thing.
So driving WAY faster than 35mph (speed limit) up/down the road isn't street racing? if it wasn't racing up/down that road, what you call it? Trying to drift down the road? Cruising up/down that road? Touring up/down that road? IDK, maybe I have low English vocab... I need some help here. What do you call that action?

"knows the road, but not the car yet"... Really? That's okay? Who's the driver? Takumi? Bunta or maybe Keiichi Tsuchiya? In my book, that's the worse combination. Seriously, not knowing the limits of the car and drive like that on those kind of road? I've seen countless wreck by this combination. Wrecked drivers states same damn things "Well, with my car, I could taken that corner without problem" or "Well, I didn't know car gonna react that way." Now, after stating that. I know a canyon that I have drove over thousand times in my life, I know it like back of my hand. Let me drive your car and you in the passenger side. Sounds okay to you? Can you give me the key?

I didn't call the driver a moron, dbag, idiot, f'ctard or any other names for his action. I for one did that before (me been young and stupid), racing down touge w Evo V, scratching R32 rear bumper to the wall, so I'll be hypocritical of me to call those names. BUT that doesn't mean as of right now, I agree w his action and not everyone gonna agree w it... well at least I didn't.

On other note: Just checked the youtube site and his note
Quote:
*Professional driver on closed course. Do not attempt.*
...professional driver huh?
...closed course? If that's was the case why driver said "Please look out for headlights. You too now" before driving downhill?

(turn my head side way and walks away from this topic)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:28 PM   #37
Asterisked Accolade
Pedals over Paddles.

Drives: Celica GT-S | 89 Supra | 07' Accent
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
It's always a touchy subject when you have someone doing something foolish with the reputation of one's peers at stake.

To drive in such a way (as shown in the video) is to fail to reason responsibly, or to care sufficiently about the safety of the passengers.

If this were on a track or something i would have little to object, but when looking out for motorists' headlights becomes a safety precaution, it's too much. The driver should look into open track days and Performance Driving School-- it may help 'get it out of his system' and teach him to induce oversteer without belligerently jerking the car.

2002 Celica GT-S Track Car | 1989 Supra Track Car | 2007 Hyundai Accent AutoX | 2003 Cadillac CTS Daily
The Following User Says Thank You to Asterisked Accolade For This Useful Post:
S2kphile (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #38
S2kphile
Resident HoneyBadger

Drives: Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Eloquently said @ichitaka05

Walk like a King, Be like a Sir, Swag it out like a Boss
The Following User Says Thank You to S2kphile For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #39
artizhay

Drives: Scion FR-S Firestorm MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to artizhay Send a message via MSN to artizhay Send a message via Yahoo to artizhay
Well, technically, by definition, in order to be described as "racing," the event or action must involve another subject of similar comparison which is engaged in competition. So, to call it "street racing" is inaccurate. Rather just blanket "reckless driving."
The Following User Says Thank You to artizhay For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:36 PM   #40
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fistpoint View Post
I'm not bashing the OP(looked like fun for the DRIVER), but your statement is woefully ignorant and only holds true under ideal circumstances, specifically ones that don't involve anything out of the ordinary.

A turtle for example could have ruined everything. Do we even venture into animal territory? He didn't swerve into the other lane, great, there was also no one in the other lane. Drunk idiot, texting idiot, cellphone idiot, soccer mom idiot, name your idiot comes around any of those corners, maybe one headlight is out, maybe the dumbass is using DRL's at night.

The point is your statement as well as any scenario any of us have ever been in similar to this and come out perfectly fine almost certainly did NOT include any of the above or below.

nail in the road
2x4
animal
reptile
any debris
oil stain
on and on and on
Your statement is just like saying that every time we go to bed our house would engulf in flames or an airplane will crash in our hours or a drunk driver will drive through our house and kill us. No offense but your statements has to many what if's that can be applied to everyday situations, not just driving. Nice try though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dem00n For This Useful Post:
czar07 (09-23-2012), Travis (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:45 PM   #41
LSxJunkie
Douchebag

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
So driving WAY faster than 35mph (speed limit) up/down the road isn't street racing? if it wasn't racing up/down that road, what you call it? Trying to drift down the road? Cruising up/down that road? Touring up/down that road? IDK, maybe I have low English vocab... I need some help here. What do you call that action?

"knows the road, but not the car yet"... Really? That's okay? Who's the driver? Takumi? Bunta or maybe Keiichi Tsuchiya? In my book, that's the worse combination. Seriously, not knowing the limits of the car and drive like that on those kind of road? I've seen countless wreck by this combination. Wrecked drivers states same damn things "Well, with my car, I could taken that corner without problem" or "Well, I didn't know car gonna react that way." Now, after stating that. I know a canyon that I have drove over thousand times in my life, I know it like back of my hand. Let me drive your car and you in the passenger side. Sounds okay to you? Can you give me the key?

I didn't call the driver a moron, dbag, idiot, f'ctard or any other names for his action. I for one did that before (me been young and stupid), racing down touge w Evo V, scratching R32 rear bumper to the wall, so I'll be hypocritical of me to call those names. BUT that doesn't mean as of right now, I agree w his action and not everyone gonna agree w it... well at least I didn't.

...closed course? If that's was the case why driver said "Please look out for headlights. You too now" before driving downhill?

Street racing, in this country, involves a contest of speed between vehicles. What he did was reckless driving. Driving intentionally in a manner that disregards the requisite standard of care.

However, I agree with your assessment. I was uncomfortable watching that video.
The Following User Says Thank You to LSxJunkie For This Useful Post:
ichitaka05 (09-22-2012)
Old 09-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #42
WolfsFang
Scrape Master

Quote:

for me street racing involves .....you know......another car, because without it who are you racing, your lap time ghost?

Also if anyone questions "omg he could of hit another car" Im 500% sure he would see the other car headlights and stop.

Ill say it again, i think op did nothing wrong, he put no one in danger, the road was DEAD. Also for anyone who bashes him, im 80% sure you did a burn out. So im going to put this through your head. What if their happened to be a rock/sharp metal on the floor when you did that burnout, which then got kicked up from your tire and hit a truck which in turned caused the crash from Finial Destination 2?

Closed Thread