follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-19-2015, 08:34 AM   #15
malave7567

Drives: (formerly) 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Amazing moments? I can't really define that, I just like driving the car every day.

Humiliating moments? Putting a dent in my passenger side rear quarter panel at an autocross. Span out on the last turn of the course on my 2nd or 3rd run and hit a large cone that was laid on its side to indicate the finish line. Luckily didn't hit the timing lasers.
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:41 AM   #16
atledreier

Drives: GT86 DGM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Best moment: Nûrburgring Nordschleife

Most awkward: Entering a car park at a car meet, was going to do a few donuts before parking, forgot to switch off the TC and made a few lame circuits of the car park before I crawled under a rock.
atledreier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:44 AM   #17
Model Citizen
Lacking brains

Drives: frz
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Best moment:

sitting in a secluded park a nice man in his mid to late 40s pulled up in his reasonably priced small sedan and asked if i wanted to go for a walk in the woods with him

worst moment: saying no
Model Citizen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Model Citizen For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (01-25-2015)
Old 01-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #18
Kuri

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Best Moment:
Friend behind me (Stock) at HPDE with her instructor. Said my brz was a "loud" one as I shot off on the straight.

Worst Moment:
Attempted to gas in a double left turn and went sideways next to an acura mdx.
White BRZ (Friend) Behind me also did the same thing except he was trying to kill a mosquito in the middle of a turn and hit the gas.

Tandem XD
Kuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 10:48 AM   #19
Hydaral

Drives: 2014 Toyota GT86 Pearl White
Mine are pretty tame I guess.

In the wet, VSC sport on, gave it a bit of accelerator around a 90 degree bend, tail loose for a couple of seconds or so before it snapped back.

Crossing a railway crossing towards a red light, in second gear, about 20 km/h, still red so I clutch in and brake a little, light turns green so I get back on the accelerator and let out the clutch, and then do the clutch-bounce thing through the intersection, with everyone stopped at the other red light watching. Still not too sure why this happens, I guess not enough accelerator?

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine best and worst.
Hydaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 11:53 AM   #20
brandonblt2
The Stig's African Cousin

Drives: 2014 wrb brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Worst:
Ive had a few first time I brought the car and drove the car off the dealer lot I got stuck on a hill for an 1 hour with cars backed up behind me. It was a one-way street so the people behind me had no where to go. I got lucky and a guy walking down the street knew how to drive stick and offered to get me up the hill. It was pretty embarrassing buying a new car and getting stuck around the corner.

Best:
Hitting a handbrake turn in front of a crowd of teenage girls. Cause we all know teenage girls love a well executed handbrake turn.
brandonblt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 12:45 PM   #21
MikeM7

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited White
I absolutely hate when I forget to turn off TC.. try to throw the back end out a little on a turn and the car just makes a loud chirp/fart and doesn't do anything, right after you just revved the engine and got everyone's attention...
MikeM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #22
mjh712
BRZilla

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Amazing- Accidental Drifts are always fun. But I was driving home from work one day, and as I passed a group of little kids, one of them screamed "Racecar" as I drove past.

Humiliating- Assumed the half inch of snow was nbd, tried to go to work, saw how bad the main roads were, turned around, and 3 turns away from my house, the front tires hit a patch of ice under the snow as made a turn and I hit a curb doing <10mph. It truly was a slow motion car accident. Scraped the front bumper a bit, popped a few of the plastic screws out of the front wheel liner, and got some curb rash on the rims. Bought snow tires the next day. But since no one noticed that, I guess I have to go with stalling the car when people are behind/with you.
Old 01-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #23
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Amazing: bought mine June 2012 when they had just come out (and there was a 6+ month wait). People gawked as I drove by. Had a motorcyclist pass through an intersection just staring at my car the whole time. (Thought he would crash!) People were always taking pictures of my car. I'd park way out in a parking lot and there would be a couple people just walking out there to check out my car. I'd get approached all the time about it.

Embarrassing: I stalled it once while backing out of a spot while people were oogling my car. "Look at me, I'm a big hot shot in my fancy sport ca... Doh!"
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 02:17 PM   #24
x1UP
One & Done (AOZORA)

Drives: '15 Series.Blue BRZ (WRB)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Amazing moment - Not too many amazing moments yet as i've barely had it during the Summer months when many more people would notice it. But....i've had people stopping at your car and taking pictures with it. Drivers wanting to know what it was.

Humiliating moment - stalling the car, when it was brand new, because I didn't know how to drive manual yet...
Old 01-19-2015, 02:26 PM   #25
MikeM7

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited White
Since everyone's sharing stalling stories.. I had one just yesterday. I was pulling up to a busy intersection where there's usually someone walking up and down the line of cars begging for money or selling news papers (they are interchangeable if you ask me, both look sad and homeless and make me uncomfortable). Anyway.. these people are often a little weird and hobo-ish obviously, so I'm thinking to myself how awkward this is going to be from now on and wondering if he's going to harass me for money, comment, ask questions, touch my car etc.

Was so busy worried about how to avoid the hobo I forgot I'm not driving my wife's car. Rolled to a stop still in second gear, car immediately died, and the newspaper slingin hobo walks by at that exact moment and didn't even acknowledge me for any reason.. money, car, fact that I just stalled out right next to him... acted like I was invisible which somehow made it even worse.

Another slice of humble pie for me... newspaper hobo don't care about me or my ride.. apparently I'm not even worth pointing and laughing at.
MikeM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:19 PM   #26
Akari

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Amazing: Getting to really start learning how to drive my car on canyon roads(entirely way too fast) on my way back from purchasing it in Colorado. By the end of the trip I truly felt I could safely push this car near the limits and was comfortable kicking out the back end in a controlled slide.

Embarrassing: Being in front of another BRZ on a nice twity road and having to drive like a grandma as to not break any of the $800 worth of liquor bottles in my trunk. Pretty sure he thought I was just the worst type of person.
Akari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:27 PM   #27
RobertPaulson
Hisnamewasrobertpaulson

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
amazing, taking my car to a car control clinic and finally pushing the super sports to their full extent, just an amazing tire and improves the handling so much. I was getting compliments all day on how well the car knifed into corners.

most embarrassing, second day of ownership, have marla in the passenger seat and I'm doing a u-turn at a light (legal). It's wet and about 40 outside on the stock tires and had not noticed that marla was messing with my traction control buttons and i hit a bump in the road which caused my foot to stab the gas and did a 270, barely saved it and this was in front of several vehicles and a cop, who found me in the parking lot to have a chat about my stunt.
Old 01-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #28
Special_K
Bannéd

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ
Thanked 2,077 Times in 911 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Amazing: Perfectly executed drift run with my buddy riding shotgun, and him getting jealous of my twin even though he has a built '05 STI.

Humiliating: Keying my own car while trying to unlock it with groceries in my hand. Then brushing up against the touch up paint while it was still wet and smearing/globbing it.
The fascinating thing about my signature is that by the time you realize that it is of no importance, it will also be too late to stop reading it. Good luck getting those five seconds of your life back.
Special_K is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Special_K For This Useful Post:
SpeedFromSwede (01-25-2015)