follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #43
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Drives: No twin now.
Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,332 Posts
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_ZN6 View Post
That is a link to their FB page.
Which has more information.... and a contact link... and multiple posts about contacting them for pricing. Idk, seems like a pretty easy trail to follow if you really want the info.

https://www.autoyas.com/XX/Unknown/5...a-Technologies

That's what you get by searching google for coyoda technologies besides their Facebook links. The website just mirrors all their Facebook posts.
Summerwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:14 PM   #44
Mike_ZN6

Drives: 2016 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Which has more information.... and a contact link... and multiple posts about contacting them for pricing. Idk, seems like a pretty easy trail to follow if you really want the info.

https://www.autoyas.com/XX/Unknown/5...a-Technologies

That's what you get by searching google for coyoda technologies besides their Facebook links. The website just mirrors all their Facebook posts.
Did you actually click on that link? Does that look like a legit website to you? That site that has nothing to do with Coyoda.

A few FB posts do not constitute "a ton of info". Would you buy a turbo kit based on some random FB posts from 4 years ago? I think you fully understand that I was looking for an official Coyoda website with actual specs,details,configurations, and pricing on this kit.
Mike_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 08:22 PM   #45
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Did you actually click on that link? Does that look like a legit website to you? That site that has nothing to do with Coyoda.

A few FB posts do not constitute "a ton of info". Would you buy a turbo kit based on some random FB posts from 4 years ago? I think you fully understand that I was looking for an official Coyoda website with actual specs,details,configurations, and pricing on this kit.
i'm quickly learning that 'credibility' for most literally means 'i saw it on facebook'.
Mike_ZN6 (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 10:06 PM   #46
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:

After digging into it for a few minutes, if you want to know whatever happened to the kit you're going to have to contact Coyote Tuning. Turbo Yoda said he was working with them in that 2015 post, and the test Donkey had their shop's name on it.

Site (scroll is weird): https://www.coyotetuning.com.au/contact
FB: https://www.facebook.com/pg/tunedbyc...=page_internal

They seem to still be active, and at least somewhat specialize on the twins. If you're looking for a current product detail page like this: https://www.ft86speedfactory.com/eng...rger-kits.html, you're probably not going to find one. At least this gives you someone to message aside form threads on here and FB that have been dead for 2 to 5 years. Hell, if you're still awake, its currently noon for them.
ScoobsMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ScoobsMcGee For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (05-14-2020)
Old 05-14-2020, 11:07 PM   #47
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:

Actually, I did. If I really wanted to find more info I would contact them like they said to. Coyote tuning is also mentioned, I mean how far down the rabbit hole do others have to go for you? There is plenty of info, but like I said in
a prior post it seems like the last update was in 2017. Further contact would be needed.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:36 AM   #48
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,138 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
iag48st (05-22-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 08:13 AM   #49
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
I saw the Go to Woe result coming. The Superturbo got smaller diameter tires in Japan to keep it from rubbing, so I bet it didn't get to 80kph.

Needs a Vbox for these tests.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-16-2020), Spuds (05-15-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 11:28 AM   #50
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 4,999 Times in 2,205 Posts
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
They've got a long history of working on some of the weediest cars available.

Usually have a good time moving the weeds around in the mean while.
We can hope.

Oh, wait ...
Old 05-15-2020, 11:31 AM   #51
Mike_ZN6

Drives: 2016 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwolf View Post
Actually, I did. If I really wanted to find more info I would contact them like they said to. Coyote tuning is also mentioned, I mean how far down the rabbit hole do others have to go for you? There is plenty of info, but like I said in
a prior post it seems like the last update was in 2017. Further contact would be needed.
Of course I could contact them if I wanted more info. I did not ask for their contact info, I originally just asked if someone knew of their official website because I could not find it. It is obvious now that they do not have one.
When did I ask for someone to go down the rabbit hole for me?

You posted "search google" like their website was out there and I put no effort into finding it. It does not exist. Finding their contact info is not the same as finding their website. Just because you moved the goalposts to finding their contact info does not change the fact the fact that I was looking for their website.

Why even come on a forum and tell someone to search google? How is that helpful to anyone?
Mike_ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:21 PM   #52
Summerwolf
Panda Trueno

Quote:
Of course I could contact them if I wanted more info. I did not ask for their contact info, I originally just asked if someone knew of their official website because I could not find it. It is obvious now that they do not have one.

You posted "search google" like their website was out there and I put no effort into finding it. It does not exist. Finding their contact info is not the same as finding their website. Just because you moved the goalposts to finding their contact info does not change the fact the fact that I was looking for their website.

Why even come on a forum and tell someone to search google? How is that helpful to anyone?
I didnt just tell you to search google. I provided a search term too. It's pretty obvious on a cursory search how to find the info if you really want it. It's a low number hand built kit. Originally my intention was to help but as it went on it was just for fun.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:42 PM   #53
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,340 Times in 7,389 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post
I saw the Go to Woe result coming. The Superturbo got smaller diameter tires in Japan to keep it from rubbing, so I bet it didn't get to 80kph.

And to properly launch both cars. Good god that was painful to watch.

Quote:

Jeezus man. Not all small companies are going to bother to build an official website when you can have a free page on facebook.
Summerwolf (05-17-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 08:06 PM   #54
Yoshoobaroo
TRACKBREAD

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 4,024 Times in 1,895 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
And to properly launch both cars. Good god that was painful to watch..
True. I can’t believe they did the first race with traction control on. The early cars bog like a sonofabitch when you break traction with assists on. Even with traction half on they do.
Yoshoobaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yoshoobaroo For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (05-15-2020), soundman98 (05-16-2020), Spuds (05-15-2020), Summerwolf (05-17-2020)
Old 05-15-2020, 11:23 PM   #55
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,455 Times in 6,160 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshoobaroo View Post

I was watching the video and I'm thinking, the BRZ is going faster than the superturbo when they hit the brakes, it has to have smaller tires or something throwing off the speedometer. You just confirmed my assumption.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
Yoshoobaroo (05-16-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #56
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Some of you guys are taking this stuff way to seriously.

I get liking your car, but for Jebus's sake, relax and enjoy the ride.

Either way, I'm calling the win for the March in the go to whoa so I can have a donut.
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
Dirty Harry (05-17-2020)