follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-07-2017, 03:41 PM   #7071
raven86az

Drives: 2014 Raven Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hey guys I'm Zach from Phoenix, AZ and recently purchased a 2014 FRS M/T in Raven. Found it on autotrader in California, flew out, and drove it back home.

Current modifications are AEM CARB legal intake, GReddy exhaust, and Buddy Club Racing Spec coilovers.

Look forward to meet others here and learning more about this machine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raven86az is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to raven86az For This Useful Post:
Njnickd (01-07-2017), Tcoat (01-11-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 11:51 PM   #7072
flyboy
New here!

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series
Hello All,

I have always wanted the BRZ/FRS/GT86, I think its a great looking car which is reasonably priced and would make a really great fun car. I got a used 2013 FRS- 10 series, has the same bells and whistles as the BRZ and about 21K Miles on it. I am in Anchorage, so need to get winter tires before I drive it off the dealer. But left it with the dealer since I am away for few weeks.

Looking forward to the forum.

Thanks.

Attachment 147975

Last edited by flyboy; 02-17-2017 at 02:34 AM.
flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flyboy For This Useful Post:
Overdrive (01-14-2017), Tcoat (01-11-2017)
Old 01-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #7073
TJBarnes

Drives: 2013 chevy cruze lt
New to the show here, recently split up with my fiancee (after 5 years)and decided I would buy a 2 door sort oriented car to celebrate my newfound freedom lol. Haven't got the car yet (or even made my mind up if this will be the one) but it's the front runner, planning on buying around Christmas time, unless I get car happy and pull the trigger before then.
TJBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TJBarnes For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-11-2017), wendy86ramos (01-10-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 08:45 PM   #7074
VoltsFRS2013

Drives: 2022' GR86 Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Hi! I'm probably gonna get picked on here but I'm currently 17, and in the market for an FRS that i'll be driving soon here within the next few weeks. been a huge fan of the car and its going to be my first car and I cant wait. hopefully can make some buddies on here and learn more about cars
VoltsFRS2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VoltsFRS2013 For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (01-11-2017), Tcoat (01-11-2017), trvth (01-10-2017)
Old 01-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #7075
86geek

Drives: 2015 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltsFRS2013 View Post
Hi! I'm probably gonna get picked on here but I'm currently 17, and in the market for an FRS that i'll be driving soon here within the next few weeks. been a huge fan of the car and its going to be my first car and I cant wait. hopefully can make some buddies on here and learn more about cars
Nice your parents are buying the car for you.
Welcome to the forum.

Opti-Coat & Cquartz Finest, Apexi Drop in Filter, 2.5 Perrin Res. Catback Exhaust
86geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:33 PM   #7076
VoltsFRS2013

Drives: 2022' GR86 Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86geek View Post
Nice your parents are buying the car for you.
Welcome to the forum.
for sure, I've got a really supportive father who's going to be doing me a big one that i'll have to get him back for when im older and can afford it

I'm currently looking at a 2013 one with a nice spoiler and rims already installed on it, just below $17k with about 15k miles on it but my options are open. Being my first car I'm going to have to go for the AT
VoltsFRS2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VoltsFRS2013 For This Useful Post:
86geek (01-10-2017), Adam_L (01-11-2017)
Old 01-10-2017, 01:52 AM   #7077
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Oh, please no. You'll never be able to pay back your father because you'll be in a grave or prison. Get a safer, slower car than this. In a minivan, you can screw. You can also drive everyone around. You'll be popular. Get your priorities straight. Besides, this is a guy car. You'll only attract guys with it, anyway. Baaaad idea.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 02:40 AM   #7078
GT862015

Drives: 2015 GT86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliplo View Post
Hi everyone, I'm new here...
Just placed an order for a 2017 Toyota 86 6MT Limited with Black on Black exterior and interior...
Will take deliver end of this month...
I'm from Taiwan, but also grew up in New Zealand and had previously worked in the automotive industry for over 6 years, ranging from Japanese brands to European and Italian cars...

Thank you in advance as there are loads of info to read up on and help me brainstorm some ideas on what mods I want to do to my new 86....

I still own a AE92 FXGT in stock form, want to keep it as original as possible while I have another AE111 20V Blacktop with lots of mods as that is my track car in NZ...

Kind regards
Phillip
Welcome Phil. Im in NZ too. Have a black 2015 GT86 too. My happy place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
Sweet! I have a '16 Oceanic Blue, Last Scion blue. Good luck man!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
GT862015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #7079
86Adi

Drives: No 86 yet
Hi, everyone.

I'm currently interested in getting a lightweight, relatively inexpensive, rear-drive car to use as a autox/track car... and I have all but decided that the 86/brz/frs will be that car. I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum the past month to learn more about the car and what go-fast mods people have been doing . I must say this forum is one of the more organized car enthusiast forums I have seen, and I'm thankful for that!

BTW, my daily driver is a B8 Audi S4.

Cheers!
86Adi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86Adi For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-11-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 12:40 PM   #7080
PSi
Banned

Drives: 2017 86
JELLO
PSi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PSi For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-11-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 02:53 PM   #7081
ledguy.sf

Drives: Potential
Hello

Hi,

I currently do not own a FRS/BRZ yet, but may be in the market for a project car. Maybe when the used car prices drop!

I currently own a 15' Lexus NX300h and used to drive a 08 Lexus IS-F. I'm a DIY-er and will try to contribute to the board as much as I can

Cheers,

Tim
ledguy.sf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ledguy.sf For This Useful Post:
benlaz88 (01-11-2017)
Old 01-11-2017, 06:40 PM   #7082
Adam_L

Drives: '16 FR-S RS2 MT, '06 xA Polar MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
for sure, I've got a really supportive father who's going to be doing me a big one that i'll have to get him back for when im older and can afford it

I'm currently looking at a 2013 one with a nice spoiler and rims already installed on it, just below $17k with about 15k miles on it but my options are open. Being my first car I'm going to have to go for the AT
Not sure what the budget is, but get as new as you can (2015 if possible), lowest miles, orig. owner, as clean as possible (no , or very few mods). You won't regret it, but again it comes down to how much coin you(your parents) have to throw down.... or buy a base model '16 , but that would be $23-24k
Old 01-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #7083
EddieZ2

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Here I am at 62. My house paid off, owe only 5 K to cards and my outback neighbor builds a 2 story addition to his house which overlooks my backyard destroying any semblance of privacy. My family goes nuts and we decide to move. We're looking at houses and between the lies, deception, garbage that's on the market around here, I'm getting pretty ticked. All my life I wanted a 911 but where I'm at they're rare and untouchable. So here I am ticked with a few K set aside for a hot tub I was going to put in my yard but now wont be doing. I've been driving CRV's for the last I don't know how many years. I miss having a toy or a car that is actually fun to drive. I mention to my wife that I'm ticked and need something fun. She says go for it. Looking all over at numerous cars, trucks, etc, I see 2 Scions sitting on different lots. I try a standard and get out smiling. Down the road is this beautiful silver FRS, automatic, 16 K on the odo, 2013. I take it out, work the paddles and damn...I'm smiling. I go back to the dealer and say lets make this happen and give him a down payment. I get home and start doing extensive research, manuals, reviews, etc. I'm loving it even when reviews go negative about being underpowered. I go back the next day and complete the transaction. I head over to get some good snow rubber on it as I am in the northeast. The garage guys get it up in the air as I sit in the waiting room. One of the techs comes out and tells me to follow him saying "I can't believe this." The car is on the lift and we get under it. WOW !!! 2013, 16K on the odo and nothing, not a spot of dirt, rust hasn't even started, BEAUTIFUL ! The car is pristine and I mean like new with all the stickers on every part underneath the car. I'm in heaven. The work is complete, get in the car and head to the hills for a nice drive but not before letting some of the garage guys take a spin. The bad reviews are all wrong. 200 HP can do the trick. This isn't a drag car and was never meant to be. It does what it was designed to do and it does it well. Perhaps too many people have watched "Fast and Furious" and are expecting this to be one of those cars. Nope. It's beautiful, the tech is awesome. The automatic with paddles is fine at this pricepoint. I've only had this car for a few days, driven the heck out of it on twisty, hilly roads and love it. Here I am at 62, smiling ear to ear. I'm feeling like I did when I owned my Spitfire, TR4A and Camaro Z. I know big iron blocks and was raised on rear wheel drive. It cracks me up when a reviewer points out "it's rear wheel drive." Grow a pair, embrace the car, take to the twisty roads and love the heck out of it. I certainly love this car. So now.... I need some good sticky rubber come spring because I plan on putting some miles on this baby. The FRS is FUN, period.
EddieZ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EddieZ2 For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (01-14-2017), Tcoat (01-18-2017), trvth (01-23-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 12:46 PM   #7084
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieZ2 View Post
Here I am at 62. My house paid off, owe only 5 K to cards and my outback neighbor builds a 2 story addition to his house which overlooks my backyard destroying any semblance of privacy. My family goes nuts and we decide to move. We're looking at houses and between the lies, deception, garbage that's on the market around here, I'm getting pretty ticked. All my life I wanted a 911 but where I'm at they're rare and untouchable. So here I am ticked with a few K set aside for a hot tub I was going to put in my yard but now wont be doing. I've been driving CRV's for the last I don't know how many years. I miss having a toy or a car that is actually fun to drive. I mention to my wife that I'm ticked and need something fun. She says go for it. Looking all over at numerous cars, trucks, etc, I see 2 Scions sitting on different lots. I try a standard and get out smiling. Down the road is this beautiful silver FRS, automatic, 16 K on the odo, 2013. I take it out, work the paddles and damn...I'm smiling. I go back to the dealer and say lets make this happen and give him a down payment. I get home and start doing extensive research, manuals, reviews, etc. I'm loving it even when reviews go negative about being underpowered. I go back the next day and complete the transaction. I head over to get some good snow rubber on it as I am in the northeast. The garage guys get it up in the air as I sit in the waiting room. One of the techs comes out and tells me to follow him saying "I can't believe this." The car is on the lift and we get under it. WOW !!! 2013, 16K on the odo and nothing, not a spot of dirt, rust hasn't even started, BEAUTIFUL ! The car is pristine and I mean like new with all the stickers on every part underneath the car. I'm in heaven. The work is complete, get in the car and head to the hills for a nice drive but not before letting some of the garage guys take a spin. The bad reviews are all wrong. 200 HP can do the trick. This isn't a drag car and was never meant to be. It does what it was designed to do and it does it well. Perhaps too many people have watched "Fast and Furious" and are expecting this to be one of those cars. Nope. It's beautiful, the tech is awesome. The automatic with paddles is fine at this pricepoint. I've only had this car for a few days, driven the heck out of it on twisty, hilly roads and love it. Here I am at 62, smiling ear to ear. I'm feeling like I did when I owned my Spitfire, TR4A and Camaro Z. I know big iron blocks and was raised on rear wheel drive. It cracks me up when a reviewer points out "it's rear wheel drive." Grow a pair, embrace the car, take to the twisty roads and love the heck out of it. I certainly love this car. So now.... I need some good sticky rubber come spring because I plan on putting some miles on this baby. The FRS is FUN, period.
Welcome! The reviews aren't wrong about the power. They're totally, completely, utterly, stupidly wrong. Pay off your cards then save up for parts.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo