follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #15
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm in Madison here. Nice to find a fellow FR/BR owner that's local. I went with Visconti for my tune, and you're welcome to use my cable if you go with any of the EcuTEK master tuners Though I will say---it's nice having your own. It'll allow you to switch back to stock if you have a warranty claim, record datalogs to send to your tuner, apply any new updates the tuner has and so forth.

As far as benefit, it's the best money I've spent on the car without question. It's a bit steep pricewise (I paid $600 for HPTuners and it came with three cars worth of credits for my previous vehicles), but it's well worth it. I opted to spend the extra $300 on the E85 map in addition to 93, and it's even better. Beyond the torque and power gains, the drivability of the car is massively improved.
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #16
Dynotronics1

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jybrd View Post
But I still need to find the Cable and License right??
Nope, that's calibration, and license, and a 14day rental/loan cable. If you want to buy a cable, we can sell that to you also. They retail for 350.00, but we sell them at 295.00
Dynotronics1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
Nightbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynotronics1 View Post
Nope, that's calibration, and license, and a 14day rental/loan cable. If you want to buy a cable, we can sell that to you also. They retail for 350.00, but we sell them at 295.00
Dyno results? Is an E85 map separate or included?
Old 07-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #18
Dynotronics1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
Dyno results? Is an E85 map separate or included?
91 oct, 93 oct, e85, and flex included( for flex you have to buy the hardware later)
PM me if you want sheets
Old 07-12-2013, 07:25 PM   #19
StormTrooper

Drives: Pavement MT GR86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Does that include updates for more parts assuming you stay NA? Does it include revisions needed from logging the car?
Old 07-12-2013, 07:29 PM   #20
Dynotronics1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooper View Post
Does that include updates for more parts assuming you stay NA? Does it include revisions needed from logging the car?
Yes lifetime free updates, providing you send data. We do not blanket adjust our files; each customer gets his or her file written for their car
Old 07-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #21
jybrd

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
I'm in Madison here. Nice to find a fellow FR/BR owner that's local. I went with Visconti for my tune, and you're welcome to use my cable if you go with any of the EcuTEK master tuners Though I will say---it's nice having your own. It'll allow you to switch back to stock if you have a warranty claim, record datalogs to send to your tuner, apply any new updates the tuner has and so forth.

As far as benefit, it's the best money I've spent on the car without question. It's a bit steep pricewise (I paid $600 for HPTuners and it came with three cars worth of credits for my previous vehicles), but it's well worth it. I opted to spend the extra $300 on the E85 map in addition to 93, and it's even better. Beyond the torque and power gains, the drivability of the car is massively improved.
Let me ask you this, if I took you up on your offer and used yours I could save and buy my own cable no problem right?
jybrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #22
Nightbringer

This is true, but I'm not sure of the process as I've never done it before on this platform. HPTuners had the license for the vehicle contained in the cable, but I know people've done this with EcuTEK (borrowed a cable and then bought their own). I don't know if it'd require assistance from the master tuner to do the license switch, or if the license gets applied to the ECU itself. Can anyone with experience chime in on the technical details here?

For reference:
Visconti
FA20Club
Dynotronics offer above

Definitely do research before you choose which tune you want, as there are quite a few offerings now just on the EcuTEK side.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #23
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
Quote:
Originally Posted by jybrd View Post
Ok so I have seen a couple threads where people mentioned they did a ecu flash after boosting or whatnot. My question is with my car which only has an exhaust, crank pulley, and intake does it benefit me at all? If so what should I be looking for. Sorry if this is a lame question, this ecu flash thing is new to me.

Thanks guys!
The best bang for you buck is a tune and header.

Intakes are worthless IMO

We offer STG1 and STG2 tunes that will blow your mind.

I'll tell you right now that our tune is more expensive than the rest but we offer life time updates, so if you get a intake or exhaust, header you'll be covered

We are always looking to improve our product and that's why you'll see we have updated tunes every 30-60 days.

You get what you pay for !

John
Visconti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Visconti For This Useful Post:
cuddefred (07-13-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #24
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
FA20Club also offers life time upgrades on tunes and has AMAZING customer service. He also has something that Visconti doesn't have anymore...Visconti's customers! Hah!! That's what happens when you get cocky and treat people like shit..they move on to something better. That something better is @FA20Club.com..

If you don't get it from Tony then you just don't get it, do you?
Old 07-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #25
Visconti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
FA20Club also offers life time upgrades on tunes and has AMAZING customer service. He also has something that Visconti doesn't have anymore...Visconti's customers! Hah!! That's what happens when you get cocky and treat people like shit..they move on to something better. That something better is @FA20Club.com..

If you don't get it from Tony then you just don't get it, do you?
That's funny - You can believe what you want but I had over 150 people request STG1 and STG2 tune updates this month and they continue to come in.

Sorry sir, but we are getting stuff done !

John
Old 07-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #26
chadstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
That's funny - You can believe what you want but I had over 150 people request STG1 and STG2 tune updates this month and they continue to come in.

Sorry sir, but we are getting stuff done !

John
And you can keep living in your delusional world..fact is that I personally saw two cars you tuned yesterday making horrible numbers and after an hour on the dyno both cars are WAY better running. Hmmm...

Two turbo cars..both putting out more than 25% more power running no extra boost. Interesting. The cars made more power all the way across the band.

Flat out, your tunes were a effing joke compared to the tunes @FA20Club.com dialed in. Plus you're a ****head to boot.
@FA20Club.com for the win!!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:30 AM   #27
chadstyle

Maybe you meant by "getting stuff done" you mean sweeping up around the shop, playing with your flex fuel kit that's a year late to market, or clearing out all the old customer files that have moved on to better vendors..

I see now...you're probably getting all sorts of stuff done with the free time you have now.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #28
Visconti
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
And you can keep living in your delusional world..fact is that I personally saw two cars you tuned yesterday making horrible numbers and after an hour on the dyno both cars are WAY better running. Hmmm...

Two turbo cars..both putting out more than 25% more power running no extra boost. Interesting. The cars made more power all the way across the band.

Flat out, your tunes were a effing joke compared to the tunes @FA20Club.com dialed in. Plus you're a ****head to boot.
@FA20Club.com for the win!!
I guess that's why I'm retuning someone w/ fa20 turbo kit that's a FL local

lol