follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 08-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #1
Kendallkab

Drives: Black MT LMT BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Valentines Revo Headlights

I've seen people with revo tails but never headlights. I'm wondering if there legal here in the US. I'm ordering either buddy club or valenti revo tails next week and would really like to order the revo headlights soon after. Are they legal?

Fkn Auto Correct of course I don't realize it until after i post
Kendallkab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 08:26 AM   #2
LED86

Drives: Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
They are actually called Valenti jewel headlights not revo. Currently they are only available in RHD config (japan, australia etc) so wont be legal in USA.

Check my instagram for pics https://www.instagram.com/ledeightsix/

Also this thread http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83144

Also before getting the revo tails, check with the reseller they have stock. Many places have been without stock for months while we wait for new production

Last edited by LED86; 08-09-2016 at 09:16 AM.
LED86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LED86 For This Useful Post:
Kendallkab (08-09-2016)
Old 08-09-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
Kendallkab

Quote:
Originally Posted by LED86 View Post
They are actually called Valenti jewel headlights not revo. Currently they are only available in RHD config (japan, australia etc) so wont be legal in USA.

Check my instagram for pics https://www.instagram.com/ledeightsix/

Also this thread http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83144

Also before getting the revo tails, check with the reseller they have stock. Many places have been without stock for months while we wait for new production
Thank you! I honestly thought they were revos just like the tails. Do you know if a version for us will be coming soon? I think the jewel headlights look awsome. I'm leaning more towards buddy club tails right now also.
Old 08-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #4
LED86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendallkab View Post
Thank you! I honestly thought they were revos just like the tails. Do you know if a version for us will be coming soon? I think the jewel headlights look awsome. I'm leaning more towards buddy club tails right now also.

No prob man, common mistake
They have spoken about it but its low on their radar. I wouldn't hold your breath.
Kendallkab (08-10-2016)
Old 08-10-2016, 01:53 PM   #5
Kendallkab

Quote:
No prob man, common mistake
They have spoken about it but its low on their radar. I wouldn't hold your breath.
That sucks. Those are the only aftermarket headlights I like as of now. I've heard of people converting lights from RHD to LHD but am not sure what goes into it. If enough time goes by without any word of these lights releasing for us I may attempt to do that depending on how difficult it is. Thank you for all the info!
Old 08-11-2016, 06:37 AM   #6
LED86

I know one guy who took apart the Valenti headlight to install morimoto projectors so doing the same thing but with a LHD projector conversion could be possible too. Although I seriously wouldnt reocmmend pulling apart a set of expensive headlights if your not comfortable doing it so take to a professional if you choose too. And while there get them to wire it up as they are 8pin connector for the HID model 86 (limited series in usa etc) whereas frs halogen model is 6pin connector.

If you get it all working though they are a superb set of headlights. I have had my set close to 2 years now I think and they havent faltered at all. No dead led or clear coat peeling etc. Still as good as the day i got them apart from a small scratch from an object flying off the highway and hitting it directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendallkab View Post
That sucks. Those are the only aftermarket headlights I like as of now. I've heard of people converting lights from RHD to LHD but am not sure what goes into it. If enough time goes by without any word of these lights releasing for us I may attempt to do that depending on how difficult it is. Thank you for all the info!
Kendallkab (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #7
Kendallkab

Quote:
I know one guy who took apart the Valenti headlight to install morimoto projectors so doing the same thing but with a LHD projector conversion could be possible too. Although I seriously wouldnt reocmmend pulling apart a set of expensive headlights if your not comfortable doing it so take to a professional if you choose too. And while there get them to wire it up as they are 8pin connector for the HID model 86 (limited series in usa etc) whereas frs halogen model is 6pin connector.

If you get it all working though they are a superb set of headlights. I have had my set close to 2 years now I think and they havent faltered at all. No dead led or clear coat peeling etc. Still as good as the day i got them apart from a small scratch from an object flying off the highway and hitting it directly.
Cool, I'll wait a bit longer to see if anything changes. If not I may just buy the headlights and pay a knowledgeable person to help me with the conversation. Thank you for all of your help and info