follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #1
empower-auto
Kouki-Monster

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Official wheel/tire fitment thread needed

A lot of forums do this and it's a fantastic idea. We should have a stickied thread where owners can post the specs of their wheels and tires along with photos and a quick note about how they fit or any modifications needed to make the sizing work.

Ya dig?
Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
RaceR

Drives: 2010 Cooper S, 74 Beetle
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by empower-auto View Post
A lot of forums do this and it's a fantastic idea. We should have a stickied thread where owners can post the specs of their wheels and tires along with photos and a quick note about how they fit or any modifications needed to make the sizing work.

Ya dig?
I dig it! And agree.. I think threads like that are very informative and nice to look trough.. I have seen it working great before. That is why I made one..

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7225

But since this forum has a lot of activity the thread is off the first page within two-four days.
It looks like it is a dying thread.. :/
Needs to be a sticky in my opinion.

And maybe it needs a better title..
RaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:18 AM   #3
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Well, we kinda have that... maybe you could suggest a way that I could improve the wheel directory so that it would be more helpful?

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7535
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #4
RaceR

Drives: 2010 Cooper S, 74 Beetle
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenDriven View Post
Well, we kinda have that... maybe you could suggest a way that I could improve the wheel directory so that it would be more helpful?

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7535
The wheel gallery directory is great. Thanks for making it!
But I think it is better suited for those who know what they want.
It is a lot of stress to open all the threads for the different wheels if you just want to browse trough different wheels for your car..
Also, if you want to have more information about ride, rubbing and stuff, you have to use a lot of time going trough the several pages in a thread. Relevant info may be within many replies.. Maybe you read trough the whole thread for a certain wheel without finding the info you want.
The thread is mainly for wheels like said in the title.. Not dedicated to wheels combined with tires (and suspension) in the same way as the one requested by the OP.

Im more of a visual guy.. Likes to just scroll trough pictures and have relevant information easily available if I find something I like.
The last three replies in this thread are great examples.
Yes, they are not that informative in terms of "comments and rubbing" But they are basically stock, so not much need for information. Several highly modified and lowered cars would pop up within a year or two.. Then you would have something for everyone's taste.

Another good thing with a thread like the one requested by the OP, and that I made is that it is maintenance free. It will live on "forever" and always be "up to date".
At least it would if it would become a sticky.

I think both those threads are valuable in their own way.
The combination of the two threads would be awesome for everyone who are into buying new wheels ( and tires, and suspension) for their car.
RaceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:40 AM   #5
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
I see.... well, my suspension should be coming in soon, and I know that another FR-S owner should be getting his coilovers tomorrow, so perhaps I can jump start this. I don't want to start until I have some good data to begin the topic.
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote