follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1, MisterSheep, Sarlacc

Old 10-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #1107
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I tried to play Mass Effect. I got bored right away. Too many conversation choices. Too much to pay attention to. I want to take a ride and be told a story, not make a new life for myself.

Anybody still playing that mining game? What was it called... No Man's Mine?
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EAGLE5 For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 07:47 PM   #1108
strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celica00 View Post
Haven't beaten ME2 yet, but is ME3 at least as good as this one?
Also, @strat61caster you were spot on in your explanations so that was appreciated
Play it to finish out the story. Don't look into it too much just do it.

I enjoyed it, the game PLAYS as well as ME2, they definitely kept the improvements on that front so you have that to look forward to. Plus you get to re-recruit the characters from ME2, spoilers: those that made it anyway, you could have EVERYBODY survive, you could also have EVERYBODY die.

ME2 really is a great game the more I think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
I tried to play Mass Effect. I got bored right away. Too many conversation choices. Too much to pay attention to. I want to take a ride and be told a story, not make a new life for myself.

Anybody still playing that mining game? What was it called... No Man's Mine?
Hehe I'm the opposite, I suppose that's why I have a grand total of like 5 hours combined in CoD & Grand Theft Auto. (Although I did sink probably 40+ hours into CoD 4 multiplayer) but that's why I haven't really picked up a game either, superficial entertainment doesn't warrant the price video games command.

That's what mediocre movies are for.

I can't believe how many people fell for No Man's Sky, classic Will Wright/Peter Molyneux sales pitch. Guess it was a new generation of gamers learning their lesson? But we've seen a 'scandal' like that every year for like 4 years now with CoD/Battlefield/Destiny? Fuck people are dumb, it's not that hard to wait a week for reviews to come out. I remember being excited for shit too (I fucking loved Fable despite what Molyneux failed to deliver on) but I wasn't going to go shit all over the guy.

My biggest video game conundrum was how the fuck did a series get MORE shallow as tech advanced like Fable managed to do?
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 08:09 PM   #1109
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
I can't believe how many people fell for No Man's Sky, classic Will Wright/Peter Molyneux sales pitch. Guess it was a new generation of gamers learning their lesson? But we've seen a 'scandal' like that every year for like 4 years now with CoD/Battlefield/Destiny? Fuck people are dumb, it's not that hard to wait a week for reviews to come out. I remember being excited for shit too (I fucking loved Fable despite what Molyneux failed to deliver on) but I wasn't going to go shit all over the guy.

My biggest video game conundrum was how the fuck did a series get MORE shallow as tech advanced like Fable managed to do?

I wasn't fooled by No Mans Sky or Fable or Destiny, but I bought into the Spore hype really hard back in the day. I remember they used the fact that the creator was knighted by the Queen or some shit like that as a sign that a video game would be revolutionary... omg what a moron I was.

As long as you enjoyed Fable, who cares if it was considered a bomb. Did you enjoy the series as a whole or just the first game? Legend of Dragoon was considered a bomb and I thought it was the shit.
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Celica00 For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (10-17-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #1110
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
I wasn't fooled by No Mans Sky or Fable or Destiny, but I bought into the Spore hype really hard back in the day..
i remember waiting a full year watching updates on this Spore thinking it was the END ALL game..

Played for probably 3 days
VIP BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VIP BRZ For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (10-18-2016)
Old 10-17-2016, 08:20 PM   #1111
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Did any of you play the Chronicles of Riddlck: Escape from Butcher Bay? Xbox / XB360 / PC

To me that game really had the best all around gameplay since perhaps RTCW. It had that gritty story set in the already movie universe, it had tight graphics even for an original xbox game, and the melee and shooting gameplay was IN-FUCKING-TENSE and awesome.
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #1112
strat61caster
-

Quote:
I wasn't fooled by No Mans Sky or Fable or Destiny, but I bought into the Spore hype really hard back in the day. I remember they used the fact that the creator was knighted by the Queen or some shit like that as a sign that a video game would be revolutionary... omg what a moron I was.

As long as you enjoyed Fable, who cares if it was considered a bomb. Did you enjoy the series as a whole or just the first game? Legend of Dragoon was considered a bomb and I thought it was the shit.
Oh yeah I enjoyed the whole series, but I felt like there was a significant drop in interactivity with each sequel, the things you did mattered less, as characters faded from people you interacted with to information and item dispensers. Maybe there's some nostalgia goggles happening but it doesn't matter, probably not going to go back and replay them anytime soon. Coincidentally that ties into where jsimon and I disagree about what we like in games.

Spore bit me too, and all I could think of when I saw things about No Man's Sky was "That looks like Spore but LESS interesting because all the monsters are computer generated instead of seeing some abomination from a guy in Alabama"

Overall I thought Spore was a fun game, but fun for a few dozen hours, and maybe a couple more if you felt like futzing with it. For the shit lame AAA games get, they're still a step above even the best mobile game. Now that I think about it Spore could have been groundbreaking if it came out within the last 2 years on a mobile platform with real multiplayer interaction, it'd probably rake in the microtransactions too if they did it right.
Celica00 (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 12:32 AM   #1113
Celica00

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP BRZ View Post
i remember waiting a full year watching updates on this Spore thinking it was the END ALL game..

Played for probably 3 days

Hey, you lasted longer than most! I kept playing the single cell bit over and over and would stop once I grew legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by strat61caster View Post
Overall I thought Spore was a fun game, but fun for a few dozen hours, and maybe a couple more if you felt like futzing with it. For the shit lame AAA games get, they're still a step above even the best mobile game. Now that I think about it Spore could have been groundbreaking if it came out within the last 2 years on a mobile platform with real multiplayer interaction, it'd probably rake in the microtransactions too if they did it right.

And that is what's wrong with the gaming industry right now :/ There have even been a few AAA games that you have to pay full price and then get nickel and dimed with bullshit microtransactions even after that.
Celica00 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Celica00 For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 01:15 AM   #1114
strat61caster
-

Quote:
And that is what's wrong with the gaming industry right now :/ There have even been a few AAA games that you have to pay full price and then get nickel and dimed with bullshit microtransactions even after that.
The best thing about the gaming industry right now is that it's easier than ever to get your hands on stuff that wasn't generated to maximize ROI on hundreds of millions of dollars and guided by market analysis.
Celica00 (10-18-2016)
Old 10-18-2016, 02:11 AM   #1115
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Favorite games of all time (in no particular order):
Wasteland
Street Fighter II
Super Mario Kart SNES
Civilization 2
Tetris
Cube 2: Sauerbraten
Tribes
Super Mario Bros.
The Bard's Tale
Outcast

Most disappointing games of all time, implying that I actually expected something good and got a steaming turd:
Halo
Legend of Zelda 2
Fountain of Dreams
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:50 AM   #1116
ButeraFRS

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Halo lol.....

WHAT?

Sent from my raven
Old 10-18-2016, 06:57 AM   #1117
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
Did any of you play the Chronicles of Riddlck: Escape from Butcher Bay? Xbox / XB360 / PC

To me that game really had the best all around gameplay since perhaps RTCW. It had that gritty story set in the already movie universe, it had tight graphics even for an original xbox game, and the melee and shooting gameplay was IN-FUCKING-TENSE and awesome.
Yes!! I don't remember too much of it but as you say it was very enjoyable. I suspect half of that was because I didn't really have any expectations.

Having said that I have just finished Shadow Warrior 2. It was fun but I liked the first reboot better.

I am going to start The Room 2 tomorrow. If I enjoy that 1/2 as much as I enjoyed the first one I will be in for a treat.

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:14 AM   #1118
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,947 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Favorite games of all time (in no particular order):
Wasteland
Street Fighter II
Super Mario Kart SNES
Civilization 2
Tetris
Cube 2: Sauerbraten
Tribes
Super Mario Bros.
The Bard's Tale
Outcast

Most disappointing games of all time, implying that I actually expected something good and got a steaming turd:
Halo
Legend of Zelda 2
Fountain of Dreams
I played the shit out of halo. Still love it
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:30 AM   #1119
jasonojordan

Drives: 2013 satin white brz limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Fave games in no particular order.

Diablo II