follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-12-2016, 09:01 PM   #29
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,911 Times in 16,462 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Well, nguyen_er, that's a shame .........

Glad nobody was hurt.

I think they will fix up your car.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:05 PM   #30
Estey

Drives: Scion FR-S, Ultramarine
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
This is a real question not sarcasm (no matter how I worded it it sounds like sarcasm):
Is there an offense there where you can be charged for "failure to avoid a collision" or something like that? Without something along that line the fault goes completely to the person that committed an infraction (there is always some infraction when an accident occurs). At least that is how it works here. With the little info we have there is no way that the person driving straight would be held at fault here.
lmao, no tcoat. Thats not what I was trying to get across when i said that both people are in the wrong. I guess I just have a built up frustration of morons on the road, and its in no way directed towards these two drivers because I didnt see the accident, and i have no idea what happened. On average, I probably avoid a collision more than a handful of times every month here in california. If I wasnt an alert driver, I probably would have totaled my car on 20 different occasions in 2015. What I said in previous posts actually makes no sense, I have no idea why i had an inclination to defend OP I originally just wanted to know what the other driver was thinking while OP had no idea they were there.
Estey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estey For This Useful Post:
KR-S (01-12-2016), Tcoat (01-12-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 09:34 PM   #31
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
lmao, no tcoat. Thats not what I was trying to get across when i said that both people are in the wrong. I guess I just have a built up frustration of morons on the road, and its in no way directed towards these two drivers because I didnt see the accident, and i have no idea what happened. On average, I probably avoid a collision more than a handful of times every month here in california. If I wasnt an alert driver, I probably would have totaled my car on 20 different occasions in 2015. What I said in previous posts actually makes no sense, I have no idea why i had an inclination to defend OP I originally just wanted to know what the other driver was thinking while OP had no idea they were there.
Interestingly enough, the one constant in you almost having a totalling accident near twice a month is you... How are you blaming others if that's the case?
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:43 PM   #32
Estey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Interestingly enough, the one constant in you almost having a totalling accident near twice a month is you... How are you blaming others if that's the case?
Have you ever driven in California? Or any highly populated area? Half the time I have people changing lanes into me, or driving out in front of me like op, and there's a ton of other scenarios. I don't see why I have to defend myself. How are you able to say that it's my fault if you obviously aren't me? I don't see why I'm being attacked, it's not like I'm trolling or being irrational in this thread. I'm being a hundred percent honest when I say I avoid accidents all the time. It doesn't seem far fetched, especially when I'm Driving 20k+ miles a year in a highly populated area.
The Following User Says Thank You to Estey For This Useful Post:
nova.86 (01-13-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 10:00 PM   #33
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
Have you ever driven in California? Or any highly populated area? Half the time I have people changing lanes into me, or driving out in front of me like op, and there's a ton of other scenarios. I don't see why I have to defend myself. How are you able to say that it's my fault if you obviously aren't me? I don't see why I'm being attacked, it's not like I'm trolling or being irrational in this thread. I'm being a hundred percent honest when I say I avoid accidents all the time. It doesn't seem far fetched, especially when I'm Driving 20k+ miles a year in a highly populated area.
I can confirm; I live in California and have had several close calls that were not a result of my own actions on the road.

I once saw a driver slow down in the middle of an intersection on a yellow when someone else on the opposite lane was already waiting in the middle of an intersection waiting to make a left. Then someone runs a stop light making a left while I'm sitting and honking my horn. The details are fuzzy on that one, but I definitely saw a display of idiocy that day.

I also witnessed someone rear end a truck on the freeway because he decided to make a last minute lane change from the exit lane.

Then there was a time where I nearly got sideswiped by an idiot in a Toyota Sequoia making a left from a lane to the right of the only left lane, where I was.
I saw several other people on the opposite lane decide to copy him and make illegal left turns, thus blocking traffic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KR-S For This Useful Post:
Estey (01-12-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #34
mdm
not a twin owner

Drives: 2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
DC area here, many stories like yours. Too many. I usually don't even honk anymore, except when someone is really trying to kill me. I guess this is unavoidable in any area with a lot of traffic.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mdm For This Useful Post:
TwoChicksOneSTI (01-13-2016)
Old 01-12-2016, 10:19 PM   #35
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
DC area here, many stories like yours. Too many. I usually don't even honk anymore, except when someone is really trying to kill me. I guess this is unavoidable in any area with a lot of traffic.
I just usually blare my horn now out of anger at the idiocy.

I've even considered upgrading to Hella horns, but I'm afraid that it'll just make another driver panic and cause an accident.
Quote:
Old 01-13-2016, 01:38 AM   #36
nova.86
Legendary Member

Drives: HyperBlue BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
SoCal is..SoCal..LOL, I have a lot of footage from my dashcam of just 2 months driving the car w/ some dumb drivers. Enough to make a compilation, but there's already a youtube channel dedicated to that.

https://www.youtube.com/user/abedmamoore

56 videos so far, they're pretty funny to watch lol.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:42 AM   #37
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.86 View Post
SoCal is..SoCal..LOL, I have a lot of footage from my dashcam of just 2 months driving the car w/ some dumb drivers. Enough to make a compilation, but there's already a youtube channel dedicated to that.

Bring it to the dashcam thread!

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99206
Quote:
Old 01-13-2016, 01:54 AM   #38
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
I can confirm; I live in California and have had several close calls that were not a result of my own actions on the road.

I once saw a driver slow down in the middle of an intersection on a yellow when someone else on the opposite lane was already waiting in the middle of an intersection waiting to make a left. Then someone runs a stop light making a left while I'm sitting and honking my horn. The details are fuzzy on that one, but I definitely saw a display of idiocy that day.

I also witnessed someone rear end a truck on the freeway because he decided to make a last minute lane change from the exit lane.

Then there was a time where I nearly got sideswiped by an idiot in a Toyota Sequoia making a left from a lane to the right of the only left lane, where I was.
I saw several other people on the opposite lane decide to copy him and make illegal left turns, thus blocking traffic.
Confirmed here as well in NYC. Actually tends to be worse in the outer boroughs. Just the other day, I'm going down a massive 8 lane 2-way road with a divider in the middle that is an exit/entrance to the highway. All green lights, and I'm cruising down at 30-40 MPH in the 2nd left most lane. Some SUV waiting in the divider area to turn left is slowly rolling into the on coming lanes. I'm clearly not slowing down, he doesnt give a crap and still decides to roll through. I had to hit the brakes hard to avoid hitting the asshole. Luckily the road was still fairly empty since it was like 9am on a Sunday, so my short stop didnt cause me to get rear ended by someone else.

EDIT: Also, since I had a green light, that means he ran a red to make the left turn -.-

Pic of the intersection from my perspective (driving forward onto the highway):
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PandaSPUR For This Useful Post:
Estey (01-13-2016), KR-S (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 03:36 AM   #39
Estey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
I just usually blare my horn now out of anger at the idiocy.

I've even considered upgrading to Hella horns, but I'm afraid that it'll just make another driver panic and cause an accident.
Make the upgrade!!! They aren't so loud to the point that other drivers will be startled, but they're plenty loud for the asshole in front of you to hear it
unfortunately for us, honking doesn't make people better drivers.. I usually use my horn when I'm really really mad at someone, otherwise I don't use it too often
The Following User Says Thank You to Estey For This Useful Post:
KR-S (01-13-2016)
Old 01-13-2016, 05:50 AM   #40
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nova.86 View Post

Thank you!!

Man I can watch this for hours!
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:12 AM   #41
mdm
not a twin owner

Drives: 2016 Veloster Turbo DCT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
Pic of the intersection from my perspective
Let me show you one of my favorite dumbass-spots in my area.

I approach this intersection in lane A, because I need to turn left next, you can see that intersection too, it's 250 ft down the road. I used to go from A to 2, because most left-turning cars flock in 1 and I could go around them :-). I don't do that anymore, because 50% cars from B go directly to 2, like the SUV in the picture does. And it's not that they cunningly change lanes in the last moment, fully aware of their surroundings. No, they just barge without looking, completely oblivious to the existence of the lane line. They will try to crush you, and THEY will honk at you. Just yesterday a GTI in front of me attempted A-to-2 and had to swerve back to 1 to avoid collision.

For a full picture, imagine that there are 40 cars in this picture, not six, traffic is heavy when I drive there.

I gave up trying A-to-2, maybe when I'll start doing it again when I decide I want a new car and I want someone to pay me better money for the old one from their insurance than a dealer would for trade-in.

mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #42
Braces

Drives: 17 Alfa Romeo 4C
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xFury View Post
Damn, glad you're okay!

Never admit fault, first thing someone taught me and heard from various places.

!
Worked for OJ.
Braces is offline   Reply With Quote