follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2014, 11:55 AM   #2353
xDanger_208x

Drives:
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by post_break View Post
Because he was trying to leave out the borla garbage. He's stating that the kraftwerks is on a higher level than DC sports, borla, etc.

Calm down.
Couldn't have said it better myself
Old 11-24-2014, 01:21 PM   #2354
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Maye i missed it but will kraftworks plan to offer a base map tune with its new header?

***nevermind found the answer
Old 11-24-2014, 02:56 PM   #2355
KraftWerks

Drives: Kraftwerks BRZ
Mentioned: 138 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post
Maye i missed it but will kraftworks plan to offer a base map tune with its new header?

***nevermind found the answer
I believe this was answered but MAY have been via PM response.

At some point we will look to having a Base Map surrounding the header. We're currently focused on securing the CARB certification and only developing tunes based around that configuration.
KraftWerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 03:00 PM   #2356
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraftWerks View Post
I believe this was answered but MAY have been via PM response.

At some point we will look to having a Base Map surrounding the header. We're currently focused on securing the CARB certification and only developing tunes based around that configuration.
Has the application been submitted yet? Or is the tune still being finalized so that the application can be sent in?

It's been an awfully long time.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
JDMChris (11-24-2014)
Old 11-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #2357
gmsii

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Has the application been submitted yet? Or is the tune still being finalized so that the application can be sent in?

It's been an awfully long time.
yeah unfortunately it has been a long time, but it is around the corner.
why are you so concerned with Kraftwerks CARB approval anyways?...somehow i doubt it is altruism that motivates you
if you doubt KW will come out with CARB approval, just say it...but then again even you know that such statements are libelous.

btw....hows that JR high boost pulley coming along?...sure seems like a long time to make something as simple as a smaller pulley...or maybe its not as simple as that....maybe there is something fundamentally flawed with the JR layout that prohibits a 'simple' high boost pulley change. even if they do figure it out, with their current layout, you can forget about ever running the c38.
gmsii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 06:50 PM   #2358
86SPEED

Drives: The silvertrooper 10 series
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I have a dyno day coming up, cant wait to see what it puts down.. 408 was what another guy did here on E85 at 16psi, im on E85 at 18.3-18.8psi depending on how cold it is here. ONLY issue i have now really is my lack of fuel mileage. on this Delicious tune i am at 15mpg or so, and 11 if im out messing around.. there are some slight things here and there Bill is working on, but the car runs great and will spin the tires up in the top of 4th now no problem.. looking at moving from the 245/40 Toyo Proxes 1's to some 265/35 PPS to fix that problem

here is a screen shot of my AEM failsafe from my ride this morning

-Thomas
86SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:32 PM   #2359
Kakawate
Man-ape

Drives: 2013 Buddy Club Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Kraftwerks please hurry I want my factory header back! Haha seriously though hurry up.
Kakawate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #2360
SPCorBUST

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsii View Post
why are you so concerned with Kraftwerks CARB approval anyways?...somehow i doubt it is altruism that motivates you
if you doubt KW will come out with CARB approval, just say it...but then again even you know that such statements are libelous.

btw....hows that JR high boost pulley coming along?...sure seems like a long time to make something as simple as a smaller pulley...or maybe its not as simple as that....maybe there is something fundamentally flawed with the JR layout that prohibits a 'simple' high boost pulley change. even if they do figure it out, with their current layout, you can forget about ever running the c38.
I don't think there's anything wrong with pointed questions about availability. I've been waiting over five months myself, and while I appreciate the quick replies (as that says a lot about your team and support for the community - thank you for that) at some point it seems like a bit of smoke and mirrors, particularly when statements are repeated again and again with zero substantive value. Your product and service are generally great, minus the packing issues, but personally after five months of waiting when will we hear something more than, "It's around the corner."
Setup 5: JR C30 HBP, DW 700, DW 300, 3bar, FlexFuel, Delicious, Built Motor
Setup 6: JR C30 HBP, DW 700, DW 300, 3bar, FlexFuel, Delicious, Closed Deck Built Motor
SPCorBUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:04 PM   #2361
Boofneenee
Go-Kart Enthusiast

Drives: Toyota Scion FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fteightysix View Post
I have a dyno day coming up, cant wait to see what it puts down.. 408 was what another guy did here on E85 at 16psi, im on E85 at 18.3-18.8psi depending on how cold it is here. ONLY issue i have now really is my lack of fuel mileage. on this Delicious tune i am at 15mpg or so, and 11 if im out messing around.. there are some slight things here and there Bill is working on, but the car runs great and will spin the tires up in the top of 4th now no problem.. looking at moving from the 245/40 Toyo Proxes 1's to some 265/35 PPS to fix that problem

here is a screen shot of my AEM failsafe from my ride this morning

-Thomas
Would someone be so kind as to describing what an aem failsafe is and how to interpret this graph? With the term failsafe I assume its a mechanisim used to save the engine if the Afr becomes inappropriate? Is this aem failsafe an aftermarket gauge , a tuning file, combination of both?
Old 11-24-2014, 10:05 PM   #2362
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,177 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmsii View Post

Perhaps, if you guys actually participate or test at local track events, you'd realize you make a lot of claims about the other Rotrex kit that are, unfortunately, quite wrong.

Or read the other threads.

I give everyone the same pointed questions

Why am I so concerned? Because Kraftwerks has a proven history of not delivering on CARB promises. Do you really want me to start digging up posts from other platforms, starting in 2008? I've also been pulled over for emissions testing in the shop car, and, well, if we had a Kraftwerks kit instead of a CARB legal option, it wouldn't have been pretty. Instead, we paid $8.75 for a certificate at the state ref, and went on our merry way.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
ATL BRZ (11-25-2014), mitosis (11-26-2014)
Old 11-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #2363
Freeman

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Perhaps, if you guys actually participate or test at local track events, you'd realize you make a lot of claims about the other Rotrex kit that are, unfortunately, quite wrong.

Or read the other threads.

I give everyone the same pointed questions

Why am I so concerned? Because Kraftwerks has a proven history of not delivering on CARB promises. Do you really want me to start digging up posts from other platforms, starting in 2008? I've also been pulled over for emissions testing in the shop car, and, well, if we had a Kraftwerks kit instead of a CARB legal option, it wouldn't have been pretty. Instead, we paid $8.75 for a certificate at the state ref, and went on our merry way.
Didnt know you had become a kraftwerks owner! Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #2364
mit_peid
Boosted Noob

Drives: '13 FRS MT KW SC, '05 4Runner 4WD
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Kraftwerks Supercharger Owners Thread

As much as I find the pissing contest between gmsii and CSG Mike annoying a lot of the time, I really appreciate CSG Mike's constant poking at this CARB thing. I really love driving around with my KW kit (which I've basically had zero problems with after 8 months and 7500 miles), but I really want to know if I will ever get CARB approval.

Last edited by mit_peid; 11-25-2014 at 01:15 AM.
mit_peid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mit_peid For This Useful Post:
mitosis (11-26-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 12:47 AM   #2365
xDanger_208x

Drives:
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Here's a simple little change of subject... ;-)
After the install, is it safe to start the car with a standard NA tune simply to check for leaks/issues??
Old 11-25-2014, 01:22 AM   #2366
Xero-Limit

Drives: JDL Turbo FRS, 335SC BRZ (ret)
Thanked 1,547 Times in 525 Posts
Mentioned: 380 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xDanger_208x View Post
Here's a simple little change of subject... ;-)
After the install, is it safe to start the car with a standard NA tune simply to check for leaks/issues??
...if it starts. Cranking is dependent on the MAP signal, and since your sensor won't be calibrated it very well may not start.
Xero-Limit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xero-Limit For This Useful Post:
mitosis (11-26-2014), xDanger_208x (11-25-2014)