follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #617
lizbrayan

Drives: '15 Scion Frs Steel
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any help guys?
lizbrayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:49 PM   #618
Wayno

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbrayan View Post
Checked the base timing b in the stage 1 oft 93 tune and it just looks odd could one of you just check it out for me ? Its for my buddys car so I dont want to screw anything up on him.
It looks completely fine like any other B01C rom.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:03 AM   #619
lizbrayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
It looks completely fine like any other B01C rom.
Its a A01C rom tho ? Theres a tune that creates pops in the exhaust would i still edit it the same way? Im on my phone so i cant post the link

Sent from my SGH-T999N using Tapatalk
Old 07-26-2016, 02:07 AM   #620
Wayno

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Its a A01C rom tho ? Theres a tune that creates pops in the exhaust would i still edit it the same way? Im on my phone so i cant post the link

It's been said a hundred times, if you don't know what roms are used as the basis for the openflash roms, and don't know how the definitions work, then you shouldn't be fucking around with them. If you want to take roms provided by the openflash guys and use them on a cheaper system, it's up to you to understand what you're doing. We are not here to spoon feed the same answer to the same question asked by a different person every two days.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 03:56 AM   #621
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Thanks Steve nothing connected, format is FAT32. Clue is probably in the triggers (thanks!):

Code:
;-------------triggers---------------

conditionrpn = RPM,0,>    
action = start

conditionrpn = RPM,0,==
action = stop
I think I did like this:

1) Switch off ignition.

2) Wait for Tactrix stop flashing (to be sure not to corrupt the log data, don't know if it's necessary? Normally you shouldn't unplug a disc being written to).

3) Start the car directly again.

I guess starting the engine directly again, maybe it's doesn't have time to boot up, and just never register "conditionrpn = RPM,0,>". When it finally boots, the rpm are already at idle speed.

So I should just delete those lines quoted above? If there are no triggers in the logcfg.txt, what decides when it starts to log, "power on"?

Another question, should I remove the SD card when doing ECU flashing? I do that now just to be safe side, but is it necessary?

you can either delete those trigger lines or put semi colons at start so tghey are comment, but id just delete them. use a basic text editor fancy ones like work may insert formatting characters or hiden characters which stuff up the file.

no need to remove sd card whan flashing.

if no triggers it just starts logging on ignition on or plug in and stops on ignition off.

to be safe i plug in with ignition off then turn on do runs then igninition off then unplug.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Tor (07-26-2016)
Old 07-26-2016, 05:14 AM   #622
lizbrayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayno View Post
It's been said a hundred times, if you don't know what roms are used as the basis for the openflash roms, and don't know how the definitions work, then you shouldn't be fucking around with them. If you want to take roms provided by the openflash guys and use them on a cheaper system, it's up to you to understand what you're doing. We are not here to spoon feed the same answer to the same question asked by a different person every two days.
Okay bud, you need to relax and take it down a notch. I set everything up my self with ecuflash the only reason I ask is to double check. Nothing more, nothing less. If you get so frustrated at people asking the same question all the time then you shouldnt be on a forum. Thanks for the help though.

Old 07-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #623
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Okay bud, you need to relax and take it down a notch. I set everything up my self with ecuflash the only reason I ask is to double check. Nothing more, nothing less. If you get so frustrated at people asking the same question all the time then you shouldnt be on a forum. Thanks for the help though.

He's frustrated because the answers to all of your questions are in this thread. Including as to why he references the B01C rom regardless of his car being an A01C.

All of the OFT Tunes are based on the B01C Rom.
Shady195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:20 PM   #624
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady195 View Post
He's frustrated because the answers to all of your questions are in this thread. Including as to why he references the B01C rom regardless of his car being an A01C.

All of the OFT Tunes are based on the B01C Rom.
Hmmm not correct in V2 tunes roms prior to B01C like 700C A01C were based on B01C, but not case for V1x tunes still floating arround after B01C theirs still some calid changes to D00C F00C F40C and corresponding D series roms, its pretty random and sometimes its a forward calid change somnetimes its backwards. It also happens on other rom series like G I and possibly others.

eg a OFT A02G rom is actually A01G and the E00I is actually a A01I, happens in usa roms as well.

Changes again on the oft openflash header specific tunes as well they have different calid hacks again.

And the turbo ans SC roms are different again and the flex roms are different again they are likely A01G australian roms looking like C series roms of various calid like A01C B01C

You cannot pick it unless you look at rom with hex editor and check the three calid locations in rom.

These hacks are done to make the oft roms work with oft system. They are not designed to catch you out but they will if you dont check the roms.

Failure to do this and not understanding the basics of definitions and flashing process basic tables checksums etc has resulted in several people bricking their ecu.

Romraider and ecuflash only check the first calid at 8000 hex.

oft hacks both the 8000 and 10000 hex calid, the third one at a bit over 11000 is the real rom calid.

These hacks fool romraider and ecuflash if your not using matched hacked definitions.

The best way is to use the native rom there all 3 calid are same
Old 07-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #625
Shady195

Drives: '13 10 Series FRS #1203
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Hmmm not correct in V2 tunes roms prior to B01C like 700C A01C were based on B01C, but not case for V1x tunes still floating arround after B01C theirs still some calid changes to D00C F00C F40C and corresponding D series roms, its pretty random and sometimes its a forward calid change somnetimes its backwards. It also happens on other rom series like G I and possibly others.

eg a OFT A02G rom is actually A01G and the E00I is actually a A01I, happens in usa roms as well.

Changes again on the oft openflash header specific tunes as well they have different calid hacks again.

And the turbo ans SC roms are different again and the flex roms are different again they are likely A01G australian roms looking like C series roms of various calid like A01C B01C

You cannot pick it unless you look at rom with hex editor and check the three calid locations in rom.

These hacks are done to make the oft roms work with oft system. They are not designed to catch you out but they will if you dont check the roms.

Failure to do this and not understanding the basics of definitions and flashing process basic tables checksums etc has resulted in several people bricking their ecu.

Romraider and ecuflash only check the first calid at 8000 hex.

oft hacks both the 8000 and 10000 hex calid, the third one at a bit over 11000 is the real rom calid.

These hacks fool romraider and ecuflash if your not using matched hacked definitions.

The best way is to use the native rom there all 3 calid are same
Ahh thanks for the clarification. I guess I wasn't thinking about Rom's abroad outside of the US. I thought most of them were and still based of the B01C.

I no longer use a tactrix cable myself. Was a nice cheap option, however looking back on it I wish I just spent the money for an OFT/ECUTek right off the bat.
Shady195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 05:07 PM   #626
steve99
Banned

Added ZA1JA02I stock rom for Australia Europe and south Africa 2014 Auto transmission cars
Old 08-22-2016, 07:00 AM   #627
Dantical

Drives: Mr2 3S-GTE GEN 3 - GT86 MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone give me link to get the original oem za1ja00g file? this is not on the first page Thank you guys
Dantical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:07 AM   #628
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantical View Post
Can anyone give me link to get the original oem za1ja00g file? this is not on the first page Thank you guys
You much better to flash the updated A01G or A02G rom to a car that came with A00G as the old A00G rom did not have transient retard DI seal fix.

Dealer should have flashed all earlier 700G or A00G car to A01G or A02G

Attached is A00G rom but I recommend you use the A01G or A02G its a much better ROM
Attached Files
File Type: zip ZA1JA00G.zip (479.5 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by steve99; 08-23-2016 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:03 PM   #629
Pro60modman

Drives: Too many
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Having issues with logging on the Tactrix OP2. Reads and Writes ok but doesn't log at all.

First problem is it doesn't even recognize the cable as a storage device so I had to use an SD card reader to input the logcfg.txt file

Second problem is no matter what I do I can't get it to log what so ever. I deleted the start/stop conditions entirely, reformatted FAT32(not sure if cluster size matters but its set at 32KB), made sure the file was in the root directory and named logcfg.txt and attempted the methods of initiating the log described in this thread. Just flashes those rainbow colors do matter what I do.
Pro60modman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:04 PM   #630
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro60modman View Post
Having issues with logging on the Tactrix OP2. Reads and Writes ok but doesn't log at all.

First problem is it doesn't even recognize the cable as a storage device so I had to use an SD card reader to input the logcfg.txt file

Second problem is no matter what I do I can't get it to log what so ever. I deleted the start/stop conditions entirely, reformatted FAT32(not sure if cluster size matters but its set at 32KB), made sure the file was in the root directory and named logcfg.txt and attempted the methods of initiating the log described in this thread. Just flashes those rainbow colors do matter what I do.

Hmmm with SD card in device, you should be able to see the SD card as a usb drive when tactrix connected to computer.

assume you don't have usb connected when trying to log as it wont work, must be standalone to log ie just plugged into obd port.

It possible the devices sd card slot is faulty, maybe talk to the tactrix guys.

Tags
ecuflash, tactrix, taxtrix, tuning