follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 08-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #10515
Carsnguitars

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
I have a procede if you want to try it. But I don't have a wiring whip for it.
Steve that is very generous. Thank you very much! I'd love to give it a try. I'll send you a PM.
Carsnguitars is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carsnguitars For This Useful Post:
Sojhinn (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 09:04 PM   #10516
Gums

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
I'm running one of sojhinns procede maps but what is this KeenAs things you speak of

Realised it's "keen as" (haven't posted in a while)

He spent some time honing sojhinn's procede tune in a few areas including bogging at lower revs

Iv'e sent keen as a PM, he'll do a lot better job of explaining it.
Gums is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gums For This Useful Post:
Aztec (08-14-2017)
Old 08-14-2017, 11:54 PM   #10517
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gums View Post
Realised it's "keen as" (haven't posted in a while)

He spent some time honing sojhinn's procede tune in a few areas including bogging at lower revs

Iv'e sent keen as a PM, he'll do a lot better job of explaining it.

I'd be careful with some of keens stuff. I remember a few of tuners talking about his tunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #10518
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Drives: 2014 BRZ Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Hello Gentlemen,

Yet again I have another issue with the ESC feelsbadman.gif
I've been having a weird issue where when I initiate boost through the pedal/procede the voltage gauge goes up to 30 volts instead of going down and boost actually working. The system never actually turns off, it just doesn't spool and voltage goes up, it's the weirdest thing. It's inconsistent however, randomly boost WILL work for 15 minutes later in the evening. So I initially thought it was a heat related, but this morning when it's low 70s, it was still happening sporadically :/

Any thoughts?
Thanks
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:56 PM   #10519
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Hello Gentlemen,

I've been having a weird issue where when I initiate boost through the pedal/procede the voltage gauge goes up to 30 volts instead of going down and boost actually working. The system never actually turns off, it just doesn't spool and voltage goes up, it's the weirdest thing. It's inconsistent however, randomly boost WILL work for 15 minutes later in the evening. So I initially thought it was a heat related, but this morning when it's low 70s, it was still happening sporadically :/

Any thoughts?

Thanks

This is an issue with the procede and the phantom. Are you running my map?

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 08-28-2017, 04:10 PM   #10520
PantsDants

Drives: Scion FR-S A/T, Whiteout
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
This is an issue with the procede and the phantom. Are you running my map?

I very rarely see this same issue with my own Procede map, but I can't reliably reproduce it. I have a theory it's related to the interpolation between table values of -20 (pre-spool) and 0, or -20 and -100. Do you know exactly what the cause is?
PantsDants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #10521
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsDants View Post
I very rarely see this same issue with my own Procede map, but I can't reliably reproduce it. I have a theory it's related to the interpolation between table values of -20 (pre-spool) and 0, or -20 and -100. Do you know exactly what the cause is?
Yeah im using your map @Sojhinn. Would love to maybe have you take a look at it if you ever have time remotely. The procede software is fairly odd in its layout

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2017, 04:28 PM   #10522
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantsDants View Post

I always felt it was an issue with the prespool. But could never confirm.

Installed Mods:
Old 08-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #10523
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Yeah im using your map @Sojhinn. Would love to maybe have you take a look at it if you ever have time remotely. The procede software is fairly odd in its layout

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

So I'm in the middle of moving to Washington state. Can you ping me in 2-3 weeks and I'll be happy to help then.

Installed Mods:
Old 08-28-2017, 09:34 PM   #10524
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Quote:
So I'm in the middle of moving to Washington state. Can you ping me in 2-3 weeks and I'll be happy to help then.

I appreciate your willingness to reach out. I'll troubleshoot it myself in the meantime.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:19 AM   #10525
keen as

Drives: 86 GT MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Hello Gentlemen,

Any thoughts?
Thanks

this is a copy of my PM reply.

My problem sounds different.
After I calibrated the throttle in the Procede Software, I didn't get full boost at full throttle. After a lot of time consuming investigating, including measuring signal voltage from procede, I found that once calibrated, I would get the problem. If I loaded an uncalibrated table, it would be normal and get full boost at full throttle.

my voltage never went up.

I'm not sure what to do about your problem

If possible, get the procede software on a laptop connected to procede with ignition on (motor can be off) and look to see the loaded table "light up" the cells when applying the throttle. At least this can determine if this behaviour is normal and that at 100% throttle, the active cell is NOT the last cell (100% cell). If it is normal, then the problem may be elsewhere and may need to recheck wiring, batteries etc.

Once working, it is great.
No official support really sucks. Support on here is great.

P.S. Sojhinn, I really appreciate everything you are doing. Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work.

I would like to make a minor correction to what you said about me making tunes. I have never made a tune. I have made a slightly different procede map that has earlier activation, but avoided bogging the motor (avoid low AFR, very rich), to allow good response at low revs.

keen as is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to keen as For This Useful Post:
Gums (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:24 AM   #10526
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen as View Post
this is a copy of my PM reply.

My problem sounds different.
After I calibrated the throttle in the Procede Software, I didn't get full boost at full throttle. After a lot of time consuming investigating, including measuring signal voltage from procede, I found that once calibrated, I would get the problem. If I loaded an uncalibrated table, it would be normal and get full boost at full throttle.

my voltage never went up.

I'm not sure what to do about your problem

If possible, get the procede software on a laptop connected to procede with ignition on (motor can be off) and look to see the loaded table "light up" the cells when applying the throttle. At least this can determine if this behaviour is normal and that at 100% throttle, the active cell is NOT the last cell (100% cell). If it is normal, then the problem may be elsewhere and may need to recheck wiring, batteries etc.

Once working, it is great.
No official support really sucks. Support on here is great.

P.S. Sojhinn, I really appreciate everything you are doing. Thanks a lot. Keep up the good work.

I would like to make a minor correction to what you said about me making tunes. I have never made a tune. I have made a slightly different procede map that has earlier activation, but avoided bogging the motor (avoid low AFR, very rich), to allow good response at low revs.

Sorry I may have confused you with another member who made tunes (very bad ones) and procede maps that were constantly running. I apologize for my mistake.

Installed Mods:
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
keen as (08-31-2017)
Old 08-31-2017, 01:40 AM   #10527
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Hey guys,

Still working on my voltage going up (seems like a pre-spool issue in the transition period going up) Also possible throttle mapping issue with my tune? I recently switched to E85 for while with my ESC then back to 91oct OTS tunes.

TWO quick questions:

1) When the car is off and i'm monitoring the procede controller with my laptop, when i give it throttle, should the ESC kick on as well? Mine will glitch out and stay at full blast sometimes if I give it any throttle while the car is off. Seems odd.

2) Here is a picture of my Procede software while the car is off completely, should the load index be at 15%? That means the system is running at 15% correct? or It thinks my pedal is pressed at 15%? Seems odd to me

Love this forum and the community, definitely would have pulled out alot of hair without alot of diving into subthreads and responses from you guys <3
Thanks again
Old 08-31-2017, 01:41 AM   #10528
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Hey guys,

Still working on my voltage going up (seems like a pre-spool issue in the transition period going up) Also possible throttle mapping issue with my tune? I recently switched to E85 for while with my ESC then back to 91oct OTS tunes.

TWO quick questions:

1) When the car is off and i'm monitoring the procede controller with my laptop, when i give it throttle, should the ESC kick on as well? Mine will glitch out and stay at full blast sometimes if I give it any throttle while the car is off. Seems odd.

2) Here is a picture of my Procede software while the car is off completely, should the load index be at 15%? That means the system is running at 15% correct? or It thinks my pedal is pressed at 15%? Seems odd to me

Love this forum and the community, definitely would have pulled out alot of hair without alot of diving into subthreads and responses from you guys <3

Thanks again

Picture not showing on mobile app.

Installed Mods:

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive