follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 10-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #365
dsrttigr
"GOD ARM"

Drives: 2013 Toyota GT-86R E85 Tuned
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxis View Post
Well it wasn't an insult, just an obvious observation. It seems that you'd prefer to post actual real insults yourself so congrats on the double standard. That's the nice term for it by the way, not an insult.
So full of narcissistic douchebaggery that you can't tell when you're insulting other enthusiasts? Let me explain since you're obviously too busy trolling or racing professionally.

You don't understand that this section of the forum is to discuss frs/brz vs other cars. And that's obviously happening here. So you're basically saying we're stupid. Then you assume since we're mustang fans that we have never been on a race track. I own a SN95 Mustang, F150 4x4 offroad, and a FR-S. I owned a 2008 STi before the FR-S. I tracked it several times.

I'm getting useful information here that's helping me decide if I want to trade my stang for a new one. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are useful information to me and others. You're just telling us things we already know, and being a asshole about it. Congrats...
dsrttigr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:12 PM   #366
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Yargh! Rawr!
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #367
dsrttigr
"GOD ARM"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
Yargh! Rawr!
Lol I guess I'm not in the mood for trolls this week. Maybe I need to increase my post cycle dosage
Old 10-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #368
abraxis

Drives: many
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrttigr View Post
So full of narcissistic douchebaggery that you can't tell when you're insulting other enthusiasts? Let me explain since you're obviously too busy trolling or racing professionally.

You don't understand that this section of the forum is to discuss frs/brz vs other cars. And that's obviously happening here. So you're basically saying we're stupid. Then you assume since we're mustang fans that we have never been on a race track. I own a SN95 Mustang, F150 4x4 offroad, and a FR-S. I owned a 2008 STi before the FR-S. I tracked it several times.

I'm getting useful information here that's helping me decide if I want to trade my stang for a new one. 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are useful information to me and others. You're just telling us things we already know, and being a asshole about it. Congrats...
Nope. You quoted my post about people talking 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. Then used a video from Matt Farah claiming to prove how much faster the Mustang is than an 86. Your video link did NOT prove that or anything for the reasons I mentioned. Unless you know that 86 was being driven by Randy Probst on a hot lap. YOU (and you alone) are being waay too sensitive and making little sense, geesh.

I'm entitled to my opinion about whether comparing a Mustang to an 86 makes any real sense. We disagree, so what, who cares. Based on what you said, you want a 2015 versus 2014 Mustang thread, not an 86 versus Mustang thread. If looking for info on a trade on Mustangs, I fail to see the relevance of your quoting my original post with your response other than to be a troll yourself.

So what exactly do you need to know to help you make this Mustang decision? Let us help you out man.
abraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #369
dsrttigr
"GOD ARM"

Garage
My first response was simply to say that it's not the whole discussion. And if you go back a page you would see we covered track speed stock vs stock. And the mustangs faster stock, since your post gave the impression that's all that is allowed on your forum.

I'm comparing my frs to the new mustang. Just wanted to know if it's a good enough to replace the sn95 and build a easy drag/street car that's a better street car. Or just continue putting money into the frs to satisfy my hp needs.

I'm not sensitive and have zero emotions attached to my internet posting lol. Just dissapointed that every other week it seems some newb is telling me I can't drive and don't know anything about the 86 platform.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:13 PM   #370
abraxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad11491 View Post
Get a mustang to do what an 86 can do?

OK.... Get a foxbody 5.0 for 5k, the maximum motorsports suspension package for ~2.5k, and bam, third best handling car of all time in motortrend's slalom and skidpad tests.
Let's be clear on what I said. What an 86 CAN do, not what a stock 86 does do. The Maximum performance kit will never get that Foxbody Stang to do what an 86 CAN do if you see below. Plus that doesn't fix any aero issues either.

I'm not sure, but some things you claimed might be a bit inaccurate. The kit is $4,700, not $2,500.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/Ma...Boxes-C68.aspx

3rd best slalom and skidpad of all time (72.5mph/ 0.97g) in 1998. The world has moved well beyond those numbers. The 86 does 70.3/1.0g with just a tire swap. It shouldn't be difficult to apply what's leftover of $4700 from new tires to the suspension and get past 72.5mph.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/t...rack-test.html

We've already seen the 86 chassis is capable of putting up numbers for handling to rival a 458 or Viper ACR in just that test. I doubt the Maximum Foxbody Stang plays at that level based on the numbers from those tests.

The kit looks like a great deal for a cheap car to chuck around and be fast on the track without worry of wrecking your car and wallet, but it still doesn't seem equivalent in performance capability at the edge of the envelope to me when we talk about what a car can do.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #371
abraxis

Quote:
My first response was simply to say that it's not the whole discussion. And if you go back a page you would see we covered track speed stock vs stock. And the mustangs faster stock, since your post gave the impression that's all that is allowed on your forum.

I'm comparing my frs to the new mustang. Just wanted to know if it's a good enough to replace the sn95 and build a easy drag/street car that's a better street car. Or just continue putting money into the frs to satisfy my hp needs.

I'm not sensitive and have zero emotions attached to my internet posting lol. Just dissapointed that every other week it seems some newb is telling me I can't drive and don't know anything about the 86 platform.
Agreed, the stock Ecoboost is 2.5-3mph fast on SoW than the 86. Never said otherwise. My posted you quoted was directed at people comparing 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, not anything else. Like you get tired of certain things on this forum, I can't comprehend comparing an FRS to a Mustang if you care about 0-60 or 1/4 mile times. To me, that's like comparing a Miata's cargo space with an Astrovan. I just don't get why anyone would do that.

For $$/power and performance ratios, domestics just can't be beat which I think you know. I presume you have issues giving up the FRS largely because you do like how it feels to drive to you so that complicates the equation. Just being presumptuous of course. When it comes to numbers and $$, I think it's pretty straight forward. Emotions, feelings and connection to a car are beyond simple math. I don't envy the decision you are trying to make. If Ford kept to their promise and dropped 400lbs from the last one like they said, I would have been in the same boat. They made that choice for me, so not my call.

No worries, I certainly wasn't telling you what to drive and made an assumption based on what was being attributed to the video for the same tired reasons you mentioned. Goes both ways it seems. Hope you end up making the decision best for you.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #372
dsrttigr
"GOD ARM"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxis View Post
Hope you end up making the decision best for you.
If one more person tells me that I've never tracked a car before, I'm going to change teams. Have to trade in everything for a hellcat and go around roll racing stock 86s.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #373
kcam86

Drives: Asphalt FR-S MT
Quote:
If one more person tells me that I've never tracked a car before, I'm going to change teams. Have to trade in everything for a hellcat and go around roll racing stock 86s.
Youve never tracked your car before lol. Jk jk. This thread started funny but now its just redundant lol.
kcam86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:27 PM   #374
dsrttigr
"GOD ARM"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcam86 View Post
Youve never tracked your car before lol. Jk jk. This thread started funny but now its just redundant lol.
Lol I'm still going to test drive a ecoboost this weekend. I might even try the "automatic transmission".
Old 10-24-2014, 11:41 PM   #375
abraxis

Quote:
Lol I'm still going to test drive a ecoboost this weekend. I might even try the "automatic transmission".
Won't count unless it's on the track.
The Following User Says Thank You to abraxis For This Useful Post:
dsrttigr (10-25-2014)
Old 04-03-2015, 12:01 AM   #376
bodayguy

Drives: 2016 MX-5 Club
Late to the party here but I finally test drove a 15 Mustang GT. FYI I used to own a 2011 5.0 and really loved it. BUT, after owning the FR-S for two years, I gotta say I don't want a Mustang after the test drive.
It's just such a cocoon. Great power, and that same smooth torque band that you have to love, but not anywhere near the feedback and handling that I've been spoiled on with the FR-S!
A real eye opener, I did not expect to NOT want one!
bodayguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bodayguy For This Useful Post:
abraxis (04-15-2015)

Tags
assumptionjunction, speculationnation