follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2020, 06:32 AM   #70827
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Thanks for the feedback!

The bold is the general response I've gotten from others. They don't know who he was nor do they seem to like saying the name. lol One person even said it was hard to pronounce.
Glad I read down before replying!
My reply was going to be...
I have no idea who that is.
The name is too long and cumbersome I wouldn't want to say it.
I wouldn't have a clue how to actually pronounce it.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:45 AM   #70828
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
When my boss has some weird idea or plan that history or common sense says is a fail, I convince him that he came up with a different plan, I tell his boss that my boss came up with a great idea, I then proceed to tell him this great idea (my idea), there is then alot of to and fro with me telling everyone about the great idea the bosses came up with, I offer to assist with the planning and implementation as "you've got enough on your plate at the moment with.....(insert random task your boss is working on) .

In the end, if all this fails, I really don't worry, as long as it doesn't cost me money, and no-one dies, I give no flucks.

Life is to short to sweat the stupid shit that goes on.

It is typically implemented quickly, once office gossip has gone up and down the corporate ladder.

One implemented I always congratulate them all on the corporate teamwork.

You can see that they know that something strange has happened in the decision making, but as all the bosses are happy and backs have been patted, they rarely give it to much thought.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #70829
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Call the metal shop and they'll be sending out new aluminum sheet out... this time they better send the right size.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #70830
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
I just don't ask. I do things their way and if I have a better, safer, and easier way to do it, I do it my way. Usually they just grumble and leave me alone.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:34 PM   #70831
ScoobsMcGee
Junior Senior with Cheese

Drives: 15 BRZ
Thanked 7,013 Times in 2,337 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Yup.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScoobsMcGee For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-11-2020), NoHaveMSG (06-11-2020), soundman98 (06-12-2020), Spuds (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #70832
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I just don't ask. I do things their way and if I have a better, safer, and easier way to do it, I do it my way. Usually they just grumble and leave me alone.
If it's a procedure change within staff, sure I don't care too much and change it the way we like... but this is customer service, so need an approval from higher up. It's annoying.
Old 06-11-2020, 02:35 PM   #70833
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
If it's a procedure change within staff, sure I don't care too much and change it the way we like... but this is customer service, so need an approval from higher up. It's annoying.
I suppose I also have an advantage working for a small company.

Lately accounting keeps getting pissed at me. Our warranty procedure is to charge the customers account or credit card when we send out a warranty part and do a return sales order and issue a credit back to the account or the card once we receive the warranty item back. I find that quite stupid, especially when the customer just got a piece of equipment and they have a problem. So I will just send them a part on an open order and not charge it, and wash it with a return. I will put a "hold" on the account to flag it that there is something going on and a note in the system. Sometimes it takes a while to get the return back and processed so it shows an open unpaid balance. I tell them to go call the customer and tell them they need to pay for the replacement part on their brand new machine that is under warranty. So far they have never taken up my suggestions and just wait for me to process the return when it gets here
ichitaka05 (06-11-2020), p1l0t (06-11-2020), soundman98 (06-12-2020), Spuds (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 02:50 PM   #70834
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I suppose I also have an advantage working for a small company.

Lately accounting keeps getting pissed at me. Our warranty procedure is to charge the customers account or credit card when we send out a warranty part and do a return sales order and issue a credit back to the account or the card once we receive the warranty item back. I find that quite stupid, especially when the customer just got a piece of equipment and they have a problem. So I will just send them a part on an open order and not charge it, and wash it with a return. I will put a "hold" on the account to flag it that there is something going on and a note in the system. Sometimes it takes a while to get the return back and processed so it shows an open unpaid balance. I tell them to go call the customer and tell them they need to pay for the replacement part on their brand new machine that is under warranty. So far they have never taken up my suggestions and just wait for me to process the return when it gets here

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-11-2020), soundman98 (06-12-2020), Spuds (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 03:12 PM   #70835
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
Pretty sure this "happened to me" more than once in Assassin's Creed Origins.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-11-2020), p1l0t (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #70836
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Which one is the boss?
Old 06-11-2020, 05:33 PM   #70837
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,433 Times in 6,148 Posts
Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Is it wrong of me to say “Fuck it!” and let my work burn themselves down? Literally Deputy Director will not listen to what I gotta say.

I’ll try and calmly explain this.
Some of you guys know that I work at the library. They’re currently planning to do curb side pickup for the patrons. Due to recent riots, we had to relocate the pickup location to underground parking space. From next week, we’ll do it at the original spot they planned... which is on the street. There are few issues.
1. Spot they want to use required to parallel park. I know you guys can parallel park... but average Murican is less than 50% are confident enough to parallel park. We have 3 appointments every 15mins. From noon to 6. So that’s total of 72 times there’s a chance of wreck. She claim, patron shouldn’t have any issues parallel park, even though she can’t do it.
2. That parking space is often taken by ambulance, police &/or fire engine. It’s dead fucking middle downtown. What do you expect. Delivery trucks park taken 1 or 2 parking space there. She claim, There aren’t enough delivery to be concern for the space. (Remember this BS for later)
3. She demand having staff outside on sidewalk w cart to be ready to help the patron. Yes, if we do that, it’ll reduce the time patron staying at the parking space... remember, it’s happening noon to 6pm. It’s fucking roasting HOT outside plus downtown... yeah not happening. Oh did I mention, it’s downtown so it’s not really safe? It’s not crazy like LA or other crazy downtown, but I wouldn’t let female staff stand outside for an hr by herself.
4. We’re located downtown, so we have a lot of patron on foot or bike picking up their materials (1/3 to be correct). She expect all those patron stand on the street parking space and wait for their materials to get given to them. If I was the patron who’s on foot/bike, I’m NOT standing side of the road. I’ll be at sidewalk. But if I stand on the sidewalk, someone in the car can take my spot.

My idea is, near that parking space, there’s a staff entrance (for staff to come in/out & delivery). Using that door. Have 1 door open, put the table and have a staff work from there.
1. If they park in the pickup parking space, we can drop off their materials.
2. Now they don’t have to wait in the line to park or not to fear about parallel park. Cuz they can park wherever they want.
3. We don’t have to have a staff be outside and not yo worried about having face mask tan, burn or worse heatstroke. Plus it’ll be inside, so to certain degree, it’ll somewhat safe.
4. This will keep patron away from the street.

Now, she doesn’t like my idea cuz it’ll get in the away of delivery... even though she claim we don’t get enough delivery to be an issue. Secondly I’m only taking 1 door. Staff entrance have 2 big ass doors. 95% of deliveries will fit w 1 door.

I seriously don’t know why she wanna do it harder way. I asked her “What’s wrong w my plan. Can you tell me what & why my idea doesn’t work. Cuz I can think 99 things wrong & 1 good thing of your plan.” Only thing she said was “Well branch library doesn’t do it this way.” Well branch is branch. Each library is different. I know this curbside pickup gonna fail hard and all she saying is “We’ll try it out. If it doesn’t work, we’ll do it your way.” Yes... cuz changing things goes well by patrons. Have no idea how many patron sweared, yelled & screamed at us for moving the curbside pickup to underground parking (due to riots).

I just wanna tell my boss, I’m going on vacation for few months. Don’t bother contact me...

Sorry for the rant... but had to let it out. Cuz my stress lvl is going up every time I read Deputy Director’s replies. Assistant Director is trying to be middlemen... but not helping.
Hearing your rant makes me feel better about today. Rage loves company. I'm too tired to write a publicly-consumable rant myself lol.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:43 PM   #70838
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Hearing your rant makes me feel better about today. Rage loves company. I'm too tired to write a publicly-consumable rant myself lol.
I almost got into a rant situation but managed to turn it into entertainment.

Since we fired our parts manager, the sales manager is running parts. With this whole shutdown thing, we are trying to keep people employed so we have them doing projects and working on "improving" the warehouse since there is such a low volume of incoming and outgoing orders. One of the parts guys, a favorite employee of the GM, walked up to me and asked if he should ask the GM to go back to the spring shop cause there is nothing to do. I can think of close to a dozen things I have suggested before that didn't get done. So I told him "yeah you should do that." I know the GM is going to walk right into the sales office and ask why the fuck the parts guys are not lined out on projects
humfrz (06-11-2020), p1l0t (06-11-2020), Spuds (06-11-2020)
Old 06-11-2020, 07:23 PM   #70839
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I almost got into a rant situation but managed to turn it into entertainment.

Since we fired our parts manager, the sales manager is running parts. With this whole shutdown thing, we are trying to keep people employed so we have them doing projects and working on "improving" the warehouse since there is such a low volume of incoming and outgoing orders. One of the parts guys, a favorite employee of the GM, walked up to me and asked if he should ask the GM to go back to the spring shop cause there is nothing to do. I can think of close to a dozen things I have suggested before that didn't get done. So I told him "yeah you should do that." I know the GM is going to walk right into the sales office and ask why the fuck the parts guys are not lined out on projects

And your reply was/will be ..?
Old 06-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #70840
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
And your reply was/will be ..?
I told him to go ahead and ask the GM if he could go back to the spring shop. I knew the answer would be no. Sales manager left early today. So he is either getting a nasty email or will get talked to tomorrow.

I had about a dozen things I could put him on, but I have already suggested these things and they didn't get done so I get tired of arguing with the sales manager. Most recently he had the parts department rearrange a small section of the warehouse. I told him that the way they where doing it was not smart. He argued with me about it and they didn't do it either way so now it is worse. I don't have enough time in my day to argue my case on 12 more things and it's not my department so i'll continue to watch them struggle.
humfrz (06-11-2020)
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis