follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 05-18-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
StealthNZ

Drives: Tornado Grey Toyota GT86 2013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Warranty in New Zealand.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was anyone if anyone could let me know the conditions of warranty in New Zealand in terms of modifications, I was told by the salesman at the time that cosmetic modifications like bodykits and rims were fine, but was unsure about exhausts, headers, suspension, etc. I was just wondering if there was anyone on here from Toyota NZ that could give me an idea on what modifications are allowed and what aren't so I don't go ahead and void my warranty. Cheers.
StealthNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNZ View Post
Hey guys, I was just wondering if there was anyone if anyone could let me know the conditions of warranty in New Zealand in terms of modifications, I was told by the salesman at the time that cosmetic modifications like bodykits and rims were fine, but was unsure about exhausts, headers, suspension, etc. I was just wondering if there was anyone on here from Toyota NZ that could give me an idea on what modifications are allowed and what aren't so I don't go ahead and void my warranty. Cheers.
I have been told that if they are Toyota or TRD parts installed by a dealer you are ok.

If non-Toyota parts or if installed not by a dealer then you may void warranty but only for any parts directly affected.

For example, if you put on an aftermarket body kit and your engine has an issue then the engine would still be covered - unless of course the kit meant less airflow to the radiator and this was the cause.

Aftermarket exhaust for example should not stop a claim if brakes were faulty etc.

I've PM'd you details of the NZ owners club where you could get more info from the dealers (Peter from Toyota North Shore, Carl from Manukau and John from Counties).