follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 12-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #99
davey90
Akina Speed Stars

Drives: White 86 GTS Auto [CID- ***]
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to davey90
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzer View Post
I have a really dumb question that I can;t seem to find the answer to on the HKS OB-Link if someone could answer it for me without getting into how dumb I am!

I have the OB-Link and am running carscope on my galaxy 10.1" tablet. When I open carscope it takes me into the gauge pages etc. where the F&$@ is the menu button that it refers to to take me into the settings??????

There should be a menu button like the picture shown below, or for new android versions there should e a 3 dot on the top right corner like this;

Attached Images

Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #100
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by davey90 View Post
There should be a menu button like the picture shown below, or for new android versions there should e a 3 dot on the top right corner like this;
Thanks mate

Has the three lines at the bottom - I thought they were for the main menu not the app menu. Silly how some on that toolbar are for the main menu (hone, return etc) and some are for the app.

Thanks, it works!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #101
nzer

Now @davey90 I just need to know if there is any way to customise the gauges as I don't see it anywhere. I like the four gauge look but want to change out voltage for oil temp - possible?

And, on the history for a journey is there any way to get more detail. I get the graphs etc but I'd like to see what the oil temp was and what max it got to but the graphs are only speed, rpm and water temp - can you get any others on the history?

It's pretty good as it is but with these tweaks will do all I want! Not that I'm greedy
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 AM   #102
nzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzer View Post
Now @davey90 I just need to know if there is any way to customise the gauges as I don't see it anywhere. I like the four gauge look but want to change out voltage for oil temp - possible?

And, on the history for a journey is there any way to get more detail. I get the graphs etc but I'd like to see what the oil temp was and what max it got to but the graphs are only speed, rpm and water temp - can you get any others on the history?

It's pretty good as it is but with these tweaks will do all I want! Not that I'm greedy
Managed to work it out. Tap and hold on a gauge and a menu comes up and you choose what you want to show.

And on the graphs in history you tap and hold on the line graph and you can select what you want to see over the course of your last journey - eg: oil temp rising as time goes on!

Now I can customise it I love it. I have borrowed a mates 7" tablet and will get one myself now I know this all works.

I'm going to get a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7" tablet. Any of you have a suggested mount to put it on the screen like my tomtom does? I can't find one that fits it perfectly that doesn't have double sided tape. I want the suction type.