follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List
Sam Strano

Old 04-08-2015, 08:46 PM   #2801
Briankbot

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If anyone is interested the springs and sway bars both appear to be available on Amazon in decent quantities. Just search on the part number...

My springs are coming from Toyota of Clermont. They should be here Friday which equaled a week or so in shipping time. That gives me enough time to have them installed for the next weekends T&T and 1st local points event of the season.
Briankbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #2802
SeanRTR
C-Street AutoX

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
if anyone is looking for the Koni shocks either the full replacements, or inserts, I can hook you up with a dealer that will give you more aggressive pricing than tire track, send me a message if you need them.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #2803
MPot

Drives: SSC #79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRED13 View Post
Is this the confirmation from the FastTrack that we have been searching for or is that supposed to come out in the Mauy fast track. The solomatters release mentioned that there would be a followup that would be more offiicial.
Nope. This is what you're looking for;
http://www.solomatters.com/rules_cla...-15_scion_fr-s

Edit- Sorry, I missed that you were looking for the confirmation. The Fastrack won't be released until the 20th of the month. But, the solomatters article should be considered "Official"
Mike

Last edited by MPot; 04-08-2015 at 09:49 PM. Reason: I can't read.
MPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #2804
renfield90
The Stig's German cousin

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briankbot View Post
If anyone is interested the springs and sway bars both appear to be available on Amazon in decent quantities. Just search on the part number...

My springs are coming from Toyota of Clermont. They should be here Friday which equaled a week or so in shipping time. That gives me enough time to have them installed for the next weekends T&T and 1st local points event of the season.
Keep in mind if you're signed up for TRD contingency, you can get 10% off these parts at the end of the year, but that's if and only if you go through a dealer.
renfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:42 PM   #2805
Briankbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by renfield90 View Post
Keep in mind if you're signed up for TRD contingency, you can get 10% off these parts at the end of the year, but that's if and only if you go through a dealer.
Good to know. Though my springs and sway bars, both ordered through Amazon, are sold by and apparently shipped directly by Toyota dealers. I hope that wouldn't matter if I was signed up for the ProSolo contingency. Am I correct in thinking the contingency is for ProSolo only?
Old 04-08-2015, 11:01 PM   #2806
renfield90
The Stig's German cousin

Quote:
Good to know. Though my springs and sway bars, both ordered through Amazon, are sold by and apparently shipped directly by Toyota dealers. I hope that wouldn't matter if I was signed up for the ProSolo contingency. Am I correct in thinking the contingency is for ProSolo only?
As long as you can get an invoice with the dealer's name on it, I would think you'd be ok. You can always email and ask. They're slow to get back to you, due to workload I think, but very friendly and helpful when they do.

Contingency is for pro only. I think it's a more fun/exciting format anyway. More seat time, instantaneous results (instead of waiting five minutes for that second driver hotshoe to do you all in), and...BURNOUTS.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:19 PM   #2807
Briankbot

Quote:
Contingency is for pro only. I think it's a more fun/exciting format anyway. More seat time, instantaneous results (instead of waiting five minutes for that second driver hotshoe to do you all in), and...BURNOUTS.
Ha Yes Burnouts

I would like to try ProSolo at some point but having just returned to the mainland US after an eight year absence (I have been autocrossing for 10 though) I didn't want to overwhelm myself with a format I've never even witnessed in person while jumping into the national scene for the first time. If Colorado was getting a Pro with the Tour in June I'd be all over it though! I figure hitting three National events this year isn't too bad anyway...

When I get my parts in I'll post up if a dealer invoice came in the box for anyone who may be interested.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:37 AM   #2808
renfield90
The Stig's German cousin

Quote:
Ha Yes Burnouts

I would like to try ProSolo at some point but having just returned to the mainland US after an eight year absence (I have been autocrossing for 10 though) I didn't want to overwhelm myself with a format I've never even witnessed in person while jumping into the national scene for the first time. If Colorado was getting a Pro with the Tour in June I'd be all over it though! I figure hitting three National events this year isn't too bad anyway...

When I get my parts in I'll post up if a dealer invoice came in the box for anyone who may be interested.
I see. Yeah, pros are a small step up from a normal national event, but if you're not a tool it's not hard to figure it out. Consider spring nats pro in Lincoln, it's more seat time on that surface if you're planning to do real nats in September and it's not too far from you. CS is shaping up to be a pretty sweet class that event.

The more people I can drag into that class the better chance I have of getting a trophy despite a mediocre finishing spot.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:43 AM   #2809
markw

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Quote:
I see they now say "in stock"...was only "less than 3 remaining" when I ordered. The sky's not totally falling yet.
Yup, said less than 3 on Saturday, "in stock" on Monday, got them today. I can say that koni's packaging sucks. Shocks appear to be ok though.
markw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:41 AM   #2810
chucky12012

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Scion FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslate3 View Post
I'm looking forward to the College Station Champ Tour despite the increasing chance of storms!

I look forward to meeting the CS crew. It should be a fun battle!
We look forward to having you join in the CS battle. Our Texas CS scene is pretty strong, down in Houston, CS is the most highly competitive class within our region. Weather should make it interesting, but the College Station site is fantastic, it will still be worth it.
chucky12012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #2811
jdrxb9

Drives: ND2, formerly BRZ (MT/CBS)
If you guys are looking for shocks, I know where there is a really nice set that can ship right away
I've had no serious interest and would really like to see someone put these to good use - make me an offer!
jdrxb9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:05 AM   #2812
AustinTX
Pawn in game of life

Drives: 19 STX BRZzz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslate3 View Post
I'm looking forward to the College Station Champ Tour despite the increasing chance of storms!

I look forward to meeting the CS crew. It should be a fun battle!
I will probably have my car there, but I don't plan on running it after the revelation of the TRD package. The BRZ is now my DD and perhaps occasional autocrosser. For this season, at least. Hoping for a move to ES for next. Otherwise, the car's national competition career is over.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:19 AM   #2813
AFRichZC6

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTX View Post
I will probably have my car there, but I don't plan on running it after the revelation of the TRD package. The BRZ is now my DD and perhaps occasional autocrosser. For this season, at least. Hoping for a move to ES for next. Otherwise, the car's national competition career is over.
I would wait until the TRD-packaged FRS show that they are consistently and significantly faster than a standard CS-prepped FRS/BRZ before jumping ship or grabbing a pitchfork.

My prediction (and hope - mostly hope) is that the lowering springs actually hurt performance. I think that they will reduce ride height enough to compromise suspension geometry while not having enough camber (static, camber gained through compression, and camber gained through caster), spring rate, and bar rate to make up for it.
AFRichZC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:44 AM   #2814
AustinTX
Pawn in game of life

Drives: 19 STX BRZzz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You can simply look at spring rates and ride heights of STX cars to determine whether the new package will help...