follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
EAGLE5, finch1750, go_a_way1, iManage, KR-S, MisterSheep, Tcoat, Ultramaroon

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2019, 07:54 AM   #57009
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
@Cole what kind of autocross group is it? i'm still looking for something in the midwest, want to avoid scca after a run-in with a few of their a$$hole members who laughed at me for wanting to autocross my lebaron, and then laughed even harder at my cousin wanting to autocross his 2wd lowered dakota(they said it was a rollover risk), and then insisted that anything less than a fully track-prepped v8 miata was a waste of time to even bring to a track. so i screw around on the street.

It's a group that falls under CASC (canadian automobile sports club), they follow most of the SCCA rules, but are pretty relaxed in terms of classing, what you bring, etc. Unless you're absolutely crushing your competition, kinda like the guy who was codriving with me (he finished 27th overall, whereas I was 58th overall, with 120+ drivers!) the organizers aren't really going to say anything, unless there's a safety risk, ie; rollovers. I think the rule is that your track width must be greater than your overall height, so if the dakota was sufficiently lowered, and had wider wheels, it may have been ok to run.

There were all sorts of cars there, from a stock Jetta TDI to a Miata based, tubular chassis, with a racecar body on top of everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
DNF, spin or runoff?

I missed a gate, but finished the run. When I was marshalling, I spoke with a guy who had been doing some form of autox for a few decades now. He basically said "if you miss a gate, and it's safe to do so, keep going. You can always use the practice".
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:22 AM   #57010
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post

I missed a gate, but finished the run. When I was marshalling, I spoke with a guy who had been doing some form of autox for a few decades now. He basically said "if you miss a gate, and it's safe to do so, keep going. You can always use the practice".
Easy to do.
Old 06-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #57011
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
For some reason, I'm doubting they were his horns and block.
Lol. When someone starts with "I'm ready to tell the truth", you know they are lying. Actually a true story, but not mine. It is how my buddy got an indy block for his pickle fork hydroplane.

My garage speakers were just some crappy old speakers. DCM or something like that. I gave them to my neighbor. I thought the 8 ball story was more exciting.

Edit: found a picture of my buddy's boat. This pic is at Calero reservoir about 30 years ago.
Attached Images

Last edited by Sapphireho; 06-10-2019 at 10:46 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
EAGLE5 (06-10-2019), soundman98 (06-10-2019), Spuds (06-10-2019), Ultramaroon (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:29 AM   #57012
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
one of our window shade installers got arrested for a probation violation Friday and as a result got his company van impounded. now I have to get a notarized letter saying that I can pick up the van from impound, go to the police HQ and get a release form then go pick up the van at a place that only takes cash. this Monday is off to a great start.
The Following User Says Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:36 AM   #57013
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo419 View Post
one of our window shade installers got arrested for a probation violation Friday and as a result got his company van impounded. now I have to get a notarized letter saying that I can pick up the van from impound, go to the police HQ and get a release form then go pick up the van at a place that only takes cash. this Monday is off to a great start.
So there's an opening?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
echo419 (06-10-2019), soundman98 (06-10-2019), Ultramaroon (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 11:32 AM   #57014
JD001

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Thanked 6,187 Times in 3,474 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Hey, hot rod, their ain't nutten wrong with the OEM clutch and pressure plate for average driving. If you have messed up your clutch, by driving on the wrong side of the road, I suggest you have them just replace the clutch and pressure plate with OEM. Their is a good chance the flywheel is OK, they might want to sand it down a bit -

Don't forget the updated TOB!

Out of the country? Where you off to, the French Riviera? After all, it has been a long, damp winter, you deserve a break -

humfrz
Update, ordered STI Group N engine and gearbox mounts. Didn't bother with the clutch and flywheel, takin your advice. As for TOB, was it a subject of a recall?

I think the mounts should be interesting, offering a more stable foundation.
The Following User Says Thank You to JD001 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 11:38 AM   #57015
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD001 View Post
Update, ordered STI Group N engine and gearbox mounts. Didn't bother with the clutch and flywheel, takin your advice. As for TOB, was it a subject of a recall?

I think the mounts should be interesting, offering a more stable foundation.
Well, no, the TOB was never a part of a recall. However, most of the 2013s had TOB that were of the "old style" and had (have) a tendency to burn up.

You might wish to check to see if your car has the old type of TOB -

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
JD001 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #57016
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Quote:
What was he doing with the van - hauling drugs? -

humfrz
Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #57017
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Monday = shave day.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #57018
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 12:32 PM   #57019
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would run my front plate like that all the time and wave at people, wither or not it got me pulled over
The Following User Says Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 12:41 PM   #57020
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
So there's an opening?
you would think but this is construction so either nothing will happen and he'll just comeback to work when he can or he'll get a promotion.

in my exp construction is a shit industry. almost nothing will stop you from being able to get even the most basic jobs. hell, we've had labor on jobs that lived in half-way houses(aka I just got out of prison and they're trying to transition me to normal life since it's been so long) working as labor on jobs. we even bought them basic tools and PPE so they could start on something besides cleaning up garbage.

many of our foreman are high level drunks. I'm talking the type that have a beer before they brush their teeth in the morning.

it's the bottom barrel of society. even the office staff aren't much better. and until legit schools started offering Construction Management degrees nobody actually went to school to "get into" construction. most people tried and failed at something else and ended up here. nobody field or office can plan 2 inches in front of their faces. even when they know they'll need something they will wait on purpose so it's an emergency when they actually need it.

I could go on for hours as to why this industry sucks. shady owners and shady labor providers that will call immigration at the end of a job so their labor gets arrested and they don't have to pay them. yeah that happens. not at my co(it's to big) but smaller ones.

this is why I'm going back to school. I have to get out and the hard part is once you're in it's hard to get out. tenure is the largest determining factor to pay. doesn't matter how shitty you are at your job. "But he's been here for 10 years" means everything and it's driving me nuts.

/rant.... for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
What was he doing with the van - hauling drugs? -

humfrz
good question. we still don't know, he's still in jail. probably waiting on the judge or bail or neither and it's going to be a while.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to echo419 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-10-2019), Sapphireho (06-10-2019), ScoobsMcGee (06-10-2019), Spuds (06-10-2019), Ultramaroon (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 12:44 PM   #57021
Ultramaroon
義理チョコ

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,520 Times in 18,921 Posts
Mentioned: 1106 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Quote:
So there's an opening?
You always find the silver lining.
Old 06-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #57022
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
you would think but this is construction so either nothing will happen and he'll just comeback to work when he can or he'll get a promotion.

in my exp construction is a shit industry. almost nothing will stop you from being able to get even the most basic jobs. hell, we've had labor on jobs that lived in half-way houses(aka I just got out of prison and they're trying to transition me to normal life since it's been so long) working as labor on jobs. we even bought them basic tools and PPE so they could start on something besides cleaning up garbage.

many of our foreman are high level drunks. I'm talking the type that have a beer before they brush their teeth in the morning.

it's the bottom barrel of society. even the office staff aren't much better. and until legit schools started offering Construction Management degrees nobody actually went to school to "get into" construction. most people tried and failed at something else and ended up here. nobody field or office can plan 2 inches in front of their faces. even when they know they'll need something they will wait on purpose so it's an emergency when they actually need it.

I could go on for hours as to why this industry sucks. shady owners and shady labor providers that will call immigration at the end of a job so their labor gets arrested and they don't have to pay them. yeah that happens. not at my co(it's to big) but smaller ones.

this is why I'm going back to school. I have to get out and the hard part is once you're in it's hard to get out. tenure is the largest determining factor to pay. doesn't matter how shitty you are at your job. "But he's been here for 10 years" means everything and it's driving me nuts.

/rant.... for now

good question. we still don't know, he's still in jail. probably waiting on the judge or bail or neither and it's going to be a while.
This all explains so much about the quality of your posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to EAGLE5 For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (06-10-2019)
Closed Thread

Tags
aching balls, ass or gtfo, germanystrikesback, guff approved, human resources, i don't wanna go to prom, i lurk, i participated, i read this thread, i'm so gay, ichi has crabs, ichi is in denial, imanage can't manage, in god we thrust, me worry?, member berries, never forget, no politics, nothing for you!!!, nsfp, omg i can't catch up! :(, poo on my chest, post #696 review on ichi, sapphireho sucks!, specialk watches you post, special_k is a lurker, tcoat is as tcoat does, tcoat is dead, tcoat is jesus, tcoat is risen, tcoat returns, tcoat rules, tig ol bitties, tits or gtfo, trackmyfarts, tylerlieberman is a cuck, wubba lubba dub dubs!!!, y u do dis