follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #71
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Drives: CBS BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Hachiroku In all seriousness please read and if FA20club = FAB-Worx put a stop to this before it gets worse. Every forum had the same problem where it was ok at the beginning then it was a down hill slope that ended in a ban or him disappearing forever.
SubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #72
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
Visconti got banned for what? Arguing in other vendors threads and having people skills of a sheet of sandpaper?

Toni/doyen has a clear documented history of scamming over many years, platforms and names and is still here? Even after clearly shitting on more than a few members (everyone but lexus?)

Maybe he just gives a great handie? Did he at any point offer a handie nelsmar? If so why didn't you take it?

Visconti got banned? You'd think I'd know about that but... :shrug:
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
Guff (01-23-2014), Sportsguy83 (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 10:20 AM   #73
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
He's back? Last I saw he had a banned title. And I hadn't seen any posts from him in awhile

So just a couple suspensions?

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=25

Says banned still.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #74
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Visconti got banned? You'd think I'd know about that but... :shrug:
I think it was a temp ban when he made comments in another tuners thread that started a flame war. I'm pretty sure he's still waiting for things to cool down.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #75
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBlown View Post
@nelsmar wait.... you mentioned Fab-worx? Same guy from florida that copied our products in 2011? We've been looking for this guy..

Link Below

vvvv

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9166...pied-products/
Absolutely no offense intended.. but there aren't that many ways to design a dual pump bracket is there? Quality wise it's obvious which is the winner, I'm just talking about the basic design.
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Old 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #76
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteve View Post
I think it was a temp ban when he made comments in another tuners thread that started a flame war. I'm pretty sure he's still waiting for things to cool down.
Nope perm banned.

In another FA20Club thread where people said the admins wouldn't ban a paying vendor because the site is profit driven.. I'll just leave this (this is Visconti's ban message):

[Ignored previous warnings against discussing other companies, tunes, services. General unprofessionalism and history of rule violations. Your sponsorship and account are terminated permanently and fees refunded.]

As for JV, I've met him a few times up at AP in Toledo, Ohio.. he's a strange duck but none of the cars he personally touched had issues that I know of, AFRs, etc looked good. I know he's had his issues blowing up cars also though. :shrug: There is a risk with tuning, sometimes bad things happen. Sucks.. but..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
Rampage (01-22-2014), Sportsguy83 (01-21-2014), woode (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 10:35 AM   #77
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Quote:
Nope perm banned.

In another FA20Club thread where people said the admins wouldn't ban a paying vendor because the site is profit driven.. I'll just leave this (this is Visconti's ban message):

[Ignored previous warnings against discussing other companies, tunes, services. General unprofessionalism and history of rule violations. Your sponsorship and account are terminated permanently and fees refunded.]

As for JV, I've met him a few times up at AP in Toledo, Ohio.. he's a strange duck but none of the cars he personally touched had issues that I know of, AFRs, etc looked good. I know he's had his issues blowing up cars also though. :shrug:
I met him at a meet as well and I could feel a sense of arrogance like he didn't really want to talk to anyone. We are enthusiasts and want to talk when you aren't working!

In all honesty though should we continue to allow a vendor who doesn't tune properly(copying base tunes) and doesn't know how to fix them either to continue doing business here?

I still haven't seen Toni deny he is the same guy from Fab-worx yet and hey maybe if he's banned he might spend more time working on FRS300's car instead of sitting on the forums......
The Following User Says Thank You to SubaSteve For This Useful Post:
nelsmar (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 10:42 AM   #78
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Quote:
I met him at a meet as well and I could feel a sense of arrogance like he didn't really want to talk to anyone. We are enthusiasts and want to talk when you aren't working!

In all honesty though should we continue to allow a vendor who doesn't tune properly(copying base tunes) and doesn't know how to fix them either to continue doing business here?

I still haven't seen Toni deny he is the same guy from Fab-worx yet and hey maybe if he's banned he might spend more time working on FRS300's car instead of sitting on the forums......
This is also the only place where FRS300 can affect Toni's livelihood depending on what happens with his car.

I can't say that I've been following FA20Club much, I stopped when I got their intake. I don't know (besides the shit welds in the uppipe thread) exactly what else he has done, what evidence there is that he's scamming people vs just putting out a shit product. Do we try to prevent vendors with shit products or let the free market decide?
Old 01-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #79
Sivtec

Drives: 12 Mitsu Evo X, 09 Honda CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Honestly not trying to be a **** here but this had me ROLLING...

Good and informative Marin. Good to know the whole story. I know you gave much praise to Toni in the beginning trusting him with not only your car but a good majority of the AZ cars as well (including mine). I will be the first one to say, Marin forked over a ton to get this orgainzed and setup. Sucks but I know you will bounce back. And if you don't.... buy an Evo

-2013 Scion Raven FR-S
-2009 Honda Green/Black CBR600RR
Sivtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #80
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Nope perm banned.

As for JV, I've met him a few times up at AP in Toledo, Ohio.. he's a strange duck but none of the cars he personally touched had issues that I know of, AFRs, etc looked good. I know he's had his issues blowing up cars also though. :shrug: There is a risk with tuning, sometimes bad things happen. Sucks.. but..
At least JV has insurance. Toni apparently has.... Car Insurance? I wasn't quite sure how to respond to his comment on the phone. I was telling him I'll even pay the deductible if he had insurance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivtec View Post
Honestly not trying to be a **** here but this had me ROLLING...

Good and informative Marin. Good to know the whole story. I know you gave much praise to Toni in the beginning trusting him with not only your car but a good majority of the AZ cars as well (including mine). I will be the first one to say, Marin forked over a ton to get this orgainzed and setup. Sucks but I know you will bounce back. And if you don't.... buy an Evo
*shakes head* "Shoulda' bought a mustang" (inside joke).
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Sivtec (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #81
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Quote:
what evidence there is that he's scamming people vs just putting out a shit product.
Look up fab-worx and you'll find loads.

Essentially he finds a platform that has a good customer base who needs parts. He takes these parts and sells them quick with horrible quality control and no customer service. When someone finds out he's done this on another platform he makes a disappearance. This has happened to atleast 5 different platforms. I can assume he then realized that continuing to use the same company name wasn't worth the risk. He then decided to make a new company name based solely on that platform because noone would have any relative feedback.

Problem with this is you can't fake your name when it comes to business' like this. Anyone with a computer can figure out he's the same guy.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #82
FullBlown

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,026 Times in 548 Posts
Mentioned: 298 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Absolutely no offense intended.. but there aren't that many ways to design a dual pump bracket is there? Quality wise it's obvious which is the winner, I'm just talking about the basic design.
If you put both products on a CMM machine. I am willing to bet the angle of each bracket, and hole locations are dead on.

We have dealers in Florida that confirmed Fab-Worx copied it 100%
FullBlown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FullBlown For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (08-04-2015), SubaSteve (01-21-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #83
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Look up fab-worx and you'll find loads.
I am the absolute last person to say this. And I am all for the ban-wagon however in complete fairness. People fuck up, people make bas choices and they learn from their mistakes. As much as I am not happy with Toni in this situation for all I know he has changed since those days (unless they are still doing business i didn't check honestly). I can understand the moderation standpoint of the fact he currently has no direct scam relation on this platform and to current date. He just has general "Sketchy" behavior such as @Frs300's car.

I only post this because I posted this thread to be fair, and open as I told many individuals from day #1. I told Toni from the start. Toni called me yesterday and even told me he knew it would come up at some point and that he knows I told him I was posting a review regardless of the outcome good or bad. He said I had forgotten some things and asked that I at least be professional and fair on my post. He then re-read and realized what he felt was fair was already in the post (I haven't edited since he called me mods can verify). This is likely why he hasn't posted and I don't feel he needs to post. This entire thread was fair on both sides. I included the part where he may have made a simple mistake. He knows I wasn't posting this to get my way, or to get paid off but because even at the dyno day I said I plan on posting things about other projects in the open. But this one got in the way of finishing everything else.

In regards to if Toni has tried to help me:
Toni wasn't clear at first but I figured he was trying to do this for this reason. As he suspected there was a chance he could be related to it but I honestly feel he didn't know if he had any relation to the motor dying until I had a talk with him recently. He was originally tying to help me out with at cost / near cost parts to rebuild my car. Hell yesterday he even reiterated this. However my price for the pistons and rods were actually cheaper than his. To some that help may have actually worked out if they were wanting a monster build since they might not have access to parts like I do. I don't think he can get the rest of the parts I need at any price point that actually benefits me at this time. And I don't mean I get free or insane, I am still paying enough to buy a low to mid end S2000 for the amount of money I am forking into the engine & my FI build for this setup. Damn I am broke right now! lol
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Guff (01-23-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 AM   #84
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
I am the absolute last person to say this. And I am all for the ban-wagon however in complete fairness. People fuck up, people make bas choices and they learn from their mistakes. As much as I am not happy with Toni in this situation for all I know he has changed since those days (unless they are still doing business i didn't check honestly). I can understand the moderation standpoint of the fact he currently has no direct scam relation on this platform and to current date. He just has general "Sketchy" behavior such as @Frs300's car.

I only post this because I posted this thread to be fair, and open as I told many individuals from day #1. I told Toni from the start. Toni called me yesterday and even told me he knew it would come up at some point and that he knows I told him I was posting a review regardless of the outcome good or bad. He said I had forgotten some things and asked that I at least be professional and fair on my post. He then re-read and realized what he felt was fair was already in the post (I haven't edited since he called me mods can verify). This is likely why he hasn't posted and I don't feel he needs to post. This entire thread was fair on both sides. I included the part where he may have made a simple mistake. He knows I wasn't posting this to get my way, or to get paid off but because even at the dyno day I said I plan on posting things about other projects in the open. But this one got in the way of finishing everything else.

In regards to if Toni has tried to help me:
Toni wasn't clear at first but I figured he was trying to do this for this reason. As he suspected there was a chance he could be related to it but I honestly feel he didn't know if he had any relation to the motor dying until I had a talk with him recently. He was originally tying to help me out with at cost / near cost parts to rebuild my car. Hell yesterday he even reiterated this. However my price for the pistons and rods were actually cheaper than his. To some that help may have actually worked out if they were wanting a monster build since they might not have access to parts like I do. I don't think he can get the rest of the parts I need at any price point that actually benefits me at this time. And I don't mean I get free or insane, I am still paying enough to buy a low to mid end S2000 for the amount of money I am forking into the engine & my FI build for this setup. Damn I am broke right now! lol
I understand wholeheartedly that Toni is "trying" to help you which is good. I just want to make sure people have all the facts. People deserve to know the truth so they can make an honest decision when their are so many good vendors/tuners/mechanics on these forums.

As Dave said this is a free market and people will make their own decision. I just want to make sure people know their are consequences to going with cheaper.

Tags
14plusafrsarefinewithtoni, boost, ecuwrecked, engine failure, fa20club.com, fa20crap, fugazi20club.com, review, seemslegit, toni, toni=4stripeadidas, toni=thechinaoftuners, toniviscontihandinhand, wheresthekabooooom