follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-08-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Front lip with the least thickness?

Howdy, I am looking for a front lip to put on the Berz and the drop I have feels around 40-50mm. The height is just about perfect that I will not bottom out unless it is very uneven; for instance I back out of my driveway, rather than pull forward, but so far this is the only rough spot.

I would really like to add a thin front lip, but from photos I have seen, they look to add about a half-three quarters inch to the front, once installed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a very thin front lip? I am looking for about a quarter-inch in thickness; it can be wide and that is fine.

Thank you!
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 02:05 PM   #2
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Garage
Any of the STI or knock off STI lip kits will likely work for what you need. Most of the lip kits mount pretty tight to the factory front end. Really it is how far something like a real splitter sticks out that causes it to scrap.

spcmafia's car can be seen with a lip kit here.
https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144409

If you look at the pics for the sti lip you can see how thin it actually is at the bottom as it essentially hugs the stock front end.
https://www.subispeed.com/part/stie2...E#.YG9FxuhKiUk
BrahmaBull1990 (04-08-2021), spcmafia (04-09-2021)
Old 04-08-2021, 02:19 PM   #3
BrahmaBull1990
Howdy

Drives: 2020 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
Any of the STI or knock off STI lip kits will likely work for what you need. Most of the lip kits mount pretty tight to the factory front end. Really it is how far something like a real splitter sticks out that causes it to scrap.

If you look at the pics for the sti lip you can see how thin it actually is at the bottom as it essentially hugs the stock front end.
This is great - thank you so much!
There's a point at 7,000 RPM... where everything fades. The machine becomes weightless. Just disappears. And all that's left is a body moving through space and time. 7,000 RPM. That's where you meet it. You feel it coming. It creeps up on you, close in your ear. Asks you a question. The only question that matters. Who are you?
BrahmaBull1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 12:55 PM   #4
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post

Stop, you're making me blush.
BrahmaBull1990 (04-10-2021), NoHaveMSG (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 12:59 PM   #5
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrahmaBull1990 View Post
Howdy, I am looking for a front lip to put on the Berz and the drop I have feels around 40-50mm. The height is just about perfect that I will not bottom out unless it is very uneven; for instance I back out of my driveway, rather than pull forward, but so far this is the only rough spot.

I would really like to add a thin front lip, but from photos I have seen, they look to add about a half-three quarters inch to the front, once installed.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a very thin front lip? I am looking for about a quarter-inch in thickness; it can be wide and that is fine.

Thank you!

Check out Bayson R, they have lots of products for cheap, but good quality. Get some double sided tape (Optional). My whole lip kit was purchased from them and it fits like a glove.

With the front lip you'll want to tape the lip to the front bumper to guide yourself drilling the holes underneath the bumper. Kit comes with self-tapping screws so all you need is tape and drill. If you want to go the extra mile, lightly sand and paint, leave under the sun prior to installation to ease fitting, I didn't need to with mine.
BrahmaBull1990 (04-10-2021)