follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-12-2013, 11:06 AM   #113
industrial
Add lightness!

Drives: 17' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forme View Post
I guess we will have to wait and see

Fixed for you.

Didn't know I had a gang. That's pretty cool, though. I feel like a crusader for truth. Hey gang, we should get jackets or something.
You know it's funny, I was going to call you a crusader for truth in my post. I'm not sure I'd be so proud of a title like that. You are take on a "just cause" and harass the shit out of people. You think you are fighting the good fight like PETA or the NRA but to me (and I think most normal people), you just come off as a bit of a fanatic.
industrial is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to industrial For This Useful Post:
Huehuecoyotl (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #114
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,346 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
I guess we will have to wait and see

Fixed for you.

Didn't know I had a gang. That's pretty cool, though. I feel like a crusader for truth. Hey gang, we should get jackets or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial View Post
You know it's funny, I was going to call you a crusader for truth in my post. I'm not sure I'd be so proud of a title like that. You are take on a "just cause" and harass the shit out of people. You think you are fighting the good fight like PETA or the NRA but to me (and I think most normal people), you just come off as a bit of a fanatic.

I think we can all agree the thread has been derailed enough.... Let's all take a deep breath, count to 100 and let it all go....

Let all the next posts be 3rd party reviews on Gem's build.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
2forme (03-12-2013), industrial (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #115
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial View Post
I come off as the fanatic here? Really guy?

I agree, back on topic. Gem, how about those dynos....
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2forme For This Useful Post:
Draco_PR23 (03-12-2013), Sportsguy83 (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #116
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Dynos!!!
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonolin For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #117
dabocx

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Stock 3.6
"A 3.48" S/C Pulley = 43,022 @ 7,400 engine rpm
A 3.40" S/C Pulley = 44,034 @ 7,400 engine rpm
A 3.33" S/C Pulley = 44,960 @ 7,400 engine rpm
A 3.25" S/C Pulley - 46,066 @ 7,400 engine rpm
A 3.125" S/C Pulley = 47,909 @ 7,400 engine rpm"

Im wondering which size of pulley you are running? Data stolen from "Questions and Discussion on Vortech Supercharging Systems"
dabocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #118
WatchmaN

Drives: the girls crazy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I come off as the fanatic here? Really guy?

I agree, back on topic. Gem, how about those dynos....
yep dyno and video of pulls
Vortech SC(314hp/226tq), Perrin pully, Tanabe strut tower bar, Perrin exhaust, LP Tune, hsd coilovers, DTC-60 fr, hp+rear),track rubber RS3 and Continental :-), Forester oem oil cooler,Custom brake cooling kit. Driveway lab rear diffuser, Wasp front spliter, TRD canard/fenders.
WatchmaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #119
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Hi fellow 86ers

This post is to confirm I am scheduled for dyno time bright and early tomorrow AM. This post isnt meant to tease anyone, or upset folks. I promised dyno and I will deliver. Lets call this a confirmation post, ok?

I also want to share what I have been up to these past 48 post that I have NOT been fuelling any fires here on the forum, nor have I engaged in any flaming or back and forth with those who present viewpoints other than my own. I really am trying to 'be good'.*moderators!*

Believe it or not, I've been having even more fun than this forum can offer in the drivers seat of my BRZ. I wanted to see what kind of boost I was seeing where I reside before hitting the dyno, and break in the new suspension and tires.

I do not know if this makes sense or adds up, but I am trying to get around not owning a boost gauge at the moment, so here is what I did.

1.Today I went up to Flagstaff and did some Ecutek logging around Munds Park AZ(see pic showing elevation) I captured a pic showing the elevation here.

2.I captured a picture of my Absolute manifold pressure. it reads 1.32 bar per ecutek logging off the ecu.

3.I captured a picture of what that converts to in psi, seems to be 19.1psi

4.I captured a picture of what ambient air pressure is according to ecutek, reads 80kPa

5.I captured a picture of what 80kPa converts to in Psi=11.6

6.I captured a snap of what 19.1 minus 11.6 is to calculate my max boost at 6590 feet to be 7.5psi, if all the sensors are reading right.

Does that make sense to anyone but me? If I am wrong, please correct me, I am not trying to spread lies.

Indeed, I do have some replies to some of the comments you have posted, but will save them for another time.

I'm equally as curious as you all to see what psi I am making down in the valley. Scottsdale AZ is at about 1500 feet

So, Thank you all for your patience, and for allowing me to clarify any misunderstandings, I come in peace and Mean No Harm.

I am aweful at formatting pics for forum display so sorry if it formats funny

Stay Tuned! I cant wait till tomorrow!
Attached Images

Huehuecoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huehuecoyotl For This Useful Post:
WatchmaN (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 PM   #120
AZFA20
Automotive Connoisseur

Drives: too many cars
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Whose dyno are you using tomorrow?
AZFA20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #121
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
Hi fellow 86ers

This post is to confirm I am scheduled for dyno time bright and early tomorrow AM. This post isnt meant to tease anyone, or upset folks. I promised dyno and I will deliver. Lets call this a confirmation post, ok?

I also want to share what I have been up to these past 48 post that I have NOT been fuelling any fires here on the forum, nor have I engaged in any flaming or back and forth with those who present viewpoints other than my own. I really am trying to 'be good'.*moderators!*

Believe it or not, I've been having even more fun than this forum can offer in the drivers seat of my BRZ. I wanted to see what kind of boost I was seeing where I reside before hitting the dyno, and break in the new suspension and tires.

I do not know if this makes sense or adds up, but I am trying to get around not owning a boost gauge at the moment, so here is what I did.

1.Today I went up to Flagstaff and did some Ecutek logging around Munds Park AZ(see pic showing elevation) I captured a pic showing the elevation here.

2.I captured a picture of my Absolute manifold pressure. it reads 1.32 bar per ecutek logging off the ecu.

4.I captured a picture of what ambient air pressure is according to ecutek, reads 80kPa

6.I captured a snap of what 19.1 minus 11.6 is to calculate my max boost at 6590 feet to be 7.5psi, if all the sensors are reading right.

Does that make sense to anyone but me? If I am wrong, please correct me, I am not trying to spread lies.

Indeed, I do have some replies to some of the comments you have posted, but will save them for another time.

I'm equally as curious as you all to see what psi I am making down in the valley. Scottsdale AZ is at about 1500 feet

So, Thank you all for your patience, and for allowing me to clarify any misunderstandings, I come in peace and Mean No Harm.

Thanks!!

I fully understand not wanting a boost gauge. I'm trying to keep things as clean as possible I feel the risk of overboosting with an SC is low enough that a gauge would be redundant.

The ambient pressure seemed off to me so I did some googling and found that to achieve a pressure that low you'd have to be at about 6500 ft.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/ai...ure-d_462.html

I'm really not sure what that means to the rest of the readings. And I'd be a little worried about the overboost protection.

At what elevation will the dyno be done?

I can't wait to see the results.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #122
skatery1989

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi fellow 86ers

Not trying to get on you but there is no way your at 19psi. Hopefully you can get your boost on your dyno sheet tomorrow
skatery1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #123
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
The ambient pressure seemed off to me so I did some googling and found that to achieve a pressure that low you'd have to be at about 6500 ft.

At what elevation will the dyno be done?
Calum,
So I should have spelled out my altitude in text- let me do that now-maybe youre on a mobile device & so perhaps you can not see the picture I posted.

It shows the elevation of where I did my tests, in the town of Munds Park AZ, to be at an altitude of 6,590 feet. That concurs with your comment above and my ecu's ambient pressure readings. It read 87 Kpa at my driveway & I live just under 4300 feet, town is at 4500. This all concurs with your charts from the link you posted: 4000 feet is 87.5 kPa and 6000 feet is 81.2 so I suspect my ecu is spot on at 6590 feet @ 80kpa, what do you say? I hope I cleared that up for you.

Also, maybe it was unclear in the fourth to last line of my post: I'm equally as curious as you all to see what psi I am making down in the valley. Scottsdale AZ is at about 1500 feet <--that is where the dyno shop is. I may add a boost gauge later but really, my personal preference is to not have one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatery1989 View Post
Not trying to get on you but there is no way your at 19psi. Hopefully you can get your boost on your dyno sheet tomorrow
Skatery, nowhere in my post does it say my SC makes 19 psi of boost, sorry if you misread or misunderstood that,that would be nuts on this sc, so, let me elaborate a little, the way an ABSOLUTE manifold pressure reading works is it is a reading of the ambient air pressure which @ 6,590 feet was 11.6 psi or 80kPa, here on our planets surface where I was logging my stuffPLUS(+) the boost generated by the SC, in this case the TOTAL reading was 19.1psi, if you read line #6, its showing how I calculate my boost to be 7.5psi. It is the difference between ambient and manifold. Ecutek logs' tabular view presents the data in hi and lo format, so those are the images I posted.

I live on a BIG hill that goes from 1000 to over 7000 feet. This makes testing fun.

Last edited by Huehuecoyotl; 03-12-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #124
skatery1989

Drives: BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

Skatery, nowhere in my post does it say my SC makes 19 psi of boost, sorry if you misread or misunderstood that,that would be nuts on this sc, so, let me elaborate a little, the way an ABSOLUTE manifold pressure reading works is it is a reading of the ambient air pressure which @ 6,590 feet was 11.6 psi or 80kPa, here on our planets surface where I was logging my stuffPLUS(+) the boost generated by the SC, in this case the TOTAL reading was 19.1psi, if you read line #6, its showing how I calculate my boost to be 7.5psi.

I live on a BIG hill that goes from 1000 to over 7000 feet. This makes testing fun.
I guess i did read that wrong. So I am guessing here but you got a dyno from Vortech before you picked up your car correct? And if so will you post that as well.
I also take back my statement he is under 250hp.
skatery1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:58 PM   #125
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Calum,
So I should have spelled out my altitude in text- let me do that now-maybe youre on a mobile device & so perhaps you can not see the picture I posted.
I miss understood, I thought you were saying your elevation was 1500 ft.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
Huehuecoyotl (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #126
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatery1989 View Post
So I am guessing here but you got a dyno from Vortech before you picked up your car correct?
Negative, I have asked for one, but nope, never got one.