follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 12-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #10249
stevo585

Drives: White 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It is true it is essentially a non-existent product. The "wait list" is kinda irrelevant too.

I was going to do a twin setup but I know Ill likely never get another kit.

So I may sell...everyone keep your eyes open.
raven1231 (12-29-2016)
Old 12-29-2016, 04:47 PM   #10250
MugenReplica

Drives: Scion Twin Cam
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo585 View Post
It is true it is essentially a non-existent product. The "wait list" is kinda irrelevant too.

I was going to do a twin setup but I know Ill likely never get another kit.

So I may sell...everyone keep your eyes open.
It'd be nice if production started or somebody sent Rob an invite to help produce more on some level.

I'd be interested if you ever sold yours. PM me and let me know. Thank you!
MugenReplica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 05:18 PM   #10251
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
It'd be nice if production started or somebody sent Rob an invite to help produce more on some level.

I'd be interested if you ever sold yours. PM me and let me know. Thank you!
several people have offered to help. Rob just does;t have interest in expanding.
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:08 PM   #10252
gtfapollo

Drives: Velocity Orange
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
The way I see it is when he places his orders for parts, instead of ordering two of each piece or bit or whatever small quantity of parts he orders, order like twenty something because people have already paid. To my knowledge people are still screaming for him to shut up and take my money. Hell, palm it off to fenton or someone. Or me. I know it's not that simple but there are a multitude of ways to enable the community to acquire a much larger amount of kits that would have minimal impact on him. Hell he could sell off his plans to someone or a group on this community and I'm sure rob would still pursue continuing to satisfy is intellectual curiosity with it anyways.
gtfapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:38 PM   #10253
Reamer

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfapollo View Post
The way I see it is when he places his orders for parts, instead of ordering two of each piece or bit or whatever small quantity of parts he orders, order like twenty something because people have already paid. To my knowledge people are still screaming for him to shut up and take my money. Hell, palm it off to fenton or someone. Or me. I know it's not that simple but there are a multitude of ways to enable the community to acquire a much larger amount of kits that would have minimal impact on him. Hell he could sell off his plans to someone or a group on this community and I'm sure rob would still pursue continuing to satisfy is intellectual curiosity with it anyways.
There's a large group of people that have paid that don't have the kit? I'm one of the ones saying "take my money" but that's because he hasn't yet. If I had money invested I would be more vocal about wanting the product, but until then I'll wait my turn, but sooner than 2 years would be nice. Lol.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 09:42 PM   #10254
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
There's a large group of people that have paid that don't have the kit? I'm one of the ones saying "take my money" but that's because he hasn't yet. If I had money invested I would be more vocal about wanting the product, but until then I'll wait my turn, but sooner than 2 years would be nice. Lol.

From what I know and have seen and have experienced.

Rob does not accept payment AT ALL until he is ready to ship.

Ever.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
Reamer (12-30-2016), Sojhinn (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 12:47 AM   #10255
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Rob has never taken money without a kit ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 01:05 AM   #10256
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Enough! It is clear no money is taken before a product is ready to be shipped. Does anybody understand what a hypothetical statement is?
Post #10252 is saying he needs to order more parts/increase workload to satisfy more customers, not that he's taking money from anybody.

I don't even really look at this thing any more because it's not reasonably available at all. Now that it's proven to work, some Chinese company
will eventually make a knockoff and they'll sell the crap out of them for half price due to high demand and no supply.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:16 AM   #10257
Reamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Enough! It is clear no money is taken before a product is ready to be shipped. Does anybody understand what a hypothetical statement is?
Post #10252 is saying he needs to order more parts/increase workload to satisfy more customers, not that he's taking money from anybody.

I don't even really look at this thing any more because it's not reasonably available at all. Now that it's proven to work, some Chinese company
will eventually make a knockoff and they'll sell the crap out of them for half price due to high demand and no supply.
The only reason I questioned his post is because it states, "people have already paid." Admittedly, I might have read it out of context but that is why I was asking, just to confirm.

Just to throw some more speculation out there, the creator seems to still be making revisions and him being an engineering guy and not a marketing guy probably has some level of perfectionist in him that does not want to mass produce a design that he knows he can improve on.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:04 AM   #10258
machineica

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S firestorm
Subscribing.... for new developments and maybe one day i can order one, I know they say above Rob is not accepting offers for help but i would love to lend a hand in testing, designing, machining or fabrication....

Need motor winding done as well?
machineica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 11:09 AM   #10259
Reamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineica View Post
Subscribing.... for new developments and maybe one day i can order one, I know they say above Rob is not accepting offers for help but i would love to lend a hand in testing, designing, machining or fabrication....

Need motor winding done as well?
I recommend sending Rob (@Robftss) a PM to get added onto the wait list if you want one since the current ETA for new people on the wait list is roughly 2 years (I'm not far from the bottom). If you don't want it when your number comes up then it will just skip to the next person, so no harm no foul.

Old 12-31-2016, 11:32 AM   #10260
machineica

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S firestorm
BOOST

Quote:
I recommend sending Rob (@Robftss) a PM to get added onto the wait list if you want one since the current ETA for new people on the wait list is roughly 2 years (I'm not far from the bottom). If you don't want it when your number comes up then it will just skip to the next person, so no harm no foul.

I Might as well! thanks.
machineica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 07:35 AM   #10261
gtfapollo

Drives: Velocity Orange
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Yeah, that was poorly worded on my part. As previously stated/corrected by another reader, it was a hypothetical statement that he could have the ability to order a larger quantity of parts if he accepted pre payment from a number of very willing people. Very, very willing people.
Kind of glad this thread got a little more attention, albeit in a very incorrect way to do so.
gtfapollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:43 AM   #10262
pancake

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited MT
Quote:

Good luck with that. I've requested to be added to the waitlist 4 separate times over the last year (with confirmation that i've been added). Yet every time the list is posted, my name is never on it.

Nearly given up at this point..
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive