follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-08-2015, 12:50 PM   #85
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallybluBrz View Post
Faster rate, for sure. But if they decide to end production for a them, I'm hoping they use compatible parts with anything they may follow the frs/brz with. Hate not finding parts, one of my first cars was a subaru SVX and that was no fun, but then again I didn't know where to start and didn't find time while in high school.

If we think that the make/model will continue for numerous generations of changes and evolution and don't consider the possibility that your car may be last gen produced or the first it the series editions etc then I could see the car dwindling before one realizes it's already made its grand exit. Younger drivers especially, may not appreciate what they have until it's gone and will one day look back and wish they still had theirs.
1 more on the road, 2 pushing daisies was supposed to mean that the dealerships will poss become harder and harder to sell with 1.more used for sale by previous owners due to appealing financially to those with stricter budgets and 2. Faster rate of decline wreck wise etc simultaneously with trouble appealing to a buyer with other makes and models that may be competing atm. (love these cars and so do many many others obviously, but even now, years in, I hardly see them too often. )

*parts don't matter, thought I signed my name in this forum and assumed that it was mistaken for the male spelling which happens alot. Assumed it without checking previous posts and now I see I've only used real name in a different forum in my posts and hadn't been doing that here.
Too many different ways I approach certain forums, posting alternative ways based on the forum and how much I want to put out therefor others to know etc.
Back to topic, I'll be jealous if newer versions have bumper covers in more than one piece or at least give you more functionality. If the frog front grille happened to be detachable, would have saved me so much time last night.
If next gens keep rolling out then please upgrade the efficiency and aspects which I'm sure 20/20 hindsight can enlighten designers down the road lol

NTHEBRZ
Roseville
I hear ya. Unfortunately (at least historically) the next generations rarely seem to try to change those things that should be changed but focus more on broadening the market by attempting to appeal to a wider range of demographics. This of course means that in only a few generations the complete essence of the original can be totally lost. Once they start down the path of trying to please more people things can go sideways fast. Like everything else there can be exceptions of course but they are fairly rare in the car game.

And then sometimes they go "oooops we screwed up"
RallybluBrz (10-08-2015)
Old 10-08-2015, 01:19 PM   #86
RallybluBrz

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz Rally Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
^^^^ I know, right? ^^^ personality is lost as a more universally desired car is designed. I've seen that all my life. At least back in the day, when my parents were Mt age, they had a good excuse to make some horrid changes between mid/late '70s and the mid 80s and early 90s. Gas crisis and shortages, new auto safety laws and the required new bumpers which drive me nuts, etc.
What's the excuse these days? Other than statistics and profitability?
I love my '13, and I'm glad I got CC carbon fiber body pieces because it'll seem like detail and personality and effort went into mine and everyone who modifies theirs while the possible spotted 17 model looks like it'll come done up, but stock. and not sure who would remove the new added styling changes Ander replace with "body kit X'...seems almost silly, almost. So the new chapter in the generational and historical ensures that the typical buyer feel unnecessary to adjust or improve upon the car.

Dooomed

NTHEBRZ
Roseville
RallybluBrz is offline   Reply With Quote