follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 06-18-2015, 10:11 AM   #8891
iJeff

Drives: 2016 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Current MSRP is 1850USD + shipping...usually about 40 bucks.

Keep in mind you also need a tuning platform and batteries as well but those are purchased separately to keep shipping costs down.
Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
iJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #8892
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Just a quick note to people who PM me or Rob. If you can keep the quoted text in there when you respond it makes my job alot easier. After i posted the list yesterday i had about 20 people PM me and many asked questions that i had to dig back to the original message to figure out what was already said

Cheers everyone for your continued support. Got another kit available today for shipping to USA.
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
j_Zer0 (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 10:20 AM   #8893
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Just a quick note to people who PM me or Rob. If you can keep the quoted text in there when you respond it makes my job alot easier. After i posted the list yesterday i had about 20 people PM me and many asked questions that i had to dig back to the original message to figure out what was already said

Cheers everyone for your continued support. Got another kit available today for shipping to USA.

we appreciate your coordinating work!
I hope i get mine before Fall!
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #8894
Shinobu's Smile

Drives: 2010 Tacoma, 2015 BRZ AT Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
What is the D00D cal id? I recently asked Shiv about 2015 BRZ/FRS and he added the new OTS tune the same day
2015 AT. Maybe just the MT were done?
Shinobu's Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:31 AM   #8895
SOAZ

Drives: pinto
Hmm, any creative options for those of us in the HOT states. The volt meter keeps falling off. It's only been installed for a day, but I mounted it where suggested and the heat of the day makes it fall off before the next time I get into the car.

At this point its come off 5 or so times so I am thinking the stickyness of it is more than likely shot.

Maybe just a better double sided piece of tape? I wonder if Gorilla Tape makes double sided tape.
SOAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:26 PM   #8896
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOAZ View Post
Hmm, any creative options for those of us in the HOT states. The volt meter keeps falling off. It's only been installed for a day, but I mounted it where suggested and the heat of the day makes it fall off before the next time I get into the car.

At this point its come off 5 or so times so I am thinking the stickyness of it is more than likely shot.

Maybe just a better double sided piece of tape? I wonder if Gorilla Tape makes double sided tape.
Either a better double sided tape or mount it more permanently as some other have(on a bracket above the steering column). Target has his this way.

How did the install go? Everything good or do you have some questions?

Thanks,
SOAZ (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 12:31 PM   #8897
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobu's Smile View Post
2015 AT. Maybe just the MT were done?
@Shiv@Openflash Any plans to add the 2015 AT ESC OTS tune?

I don't think there is anyone that immediately needs it but if you could let us know when it has been updated that would be great!

Thanks
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
raven1231 (06-18-2015), Shinobu's Smile (06-18-2015), Tectoniic (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 12:58 PM   #8898
Namuna

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Old 06-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #8899
SOAZ

Drives: pinto
Quote:
Either a better double sided tape or mount it more permanently as some other have(on a bracket above the steering column). Target has his this way.

How did the install go? Everything good or do you have some questions?

Thanks,
Install went well. Everything made sense. That moment when it's 112 out and you are dripping sweat and realize you just threaded the entire wiring through the firewall all the way to the gas pedal actuator and it's the wrong end... argh! haha. That moment of stupidity hurts.

My current issue is not Phantom's fault. I have a Chromebook at home, a Mac (girlfriends), and a windows computer at work so I can't download the Phantom tune to my OFT...
Chromebook wont work of course, Winebottler app is not doing it on the Mac, and I have to be an admin to install a program like Open Flash Manager on the work computer. Hmmm. Running it without the tune is probably not a great idea? I have a check engine light, but I assume disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it would solve that, then installing the proper tune.

Voltage is reading in the mid to high 27's so far. I assume after conditioning it a bit it may get into the 28's, but not sure.
SOAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #8900
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
@Shiv@Openflash Any plans to add the 2015 AT ESC OTS tune?

I don't think there is anyone that immediately needs it but if you could let us know when it has been updated that would be great!

Thanks
Yeah I'm gonna need that tune when I get the ESC so that'd be great
Old 06-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #8901
fenton

Quote:
Install went well. Everything made sense. That moment when it's 112 out and you are dripping sweat and realize you just threaded the entire wiring through the firewall all the way to the gas pedal actuator and it's the wrong end... argh! haha. That moment of stupidity hurts.

My current issue is not Phantom's fault. I have a Chromebook at home, a Mac (girlfriends), and a windows computer at work so I can't download the Phantom tune to my OFT...
Chromebook wont work of course, Winebottler app is not doing it on the Mac, and I have to be an admin to install a program like Open Flash Manager on the work computer. Hmmm. Running it without the tune is probably not a great idea? I have a check engine light, but I assume disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting it would solve that, then installing the proper tune.

Voltage is reading in the mid to high 27's so far. I assume after conditioning it a bit it may get into the 28's, but not sure.
Yeah its not advised to run it without a tune. Try not to boost until you get a tune.
SOAZ (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #8902
tyrantcf

Drives: '16 WRX, CBR1000RR
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

I've been using Velcro branded...Velcro.. from Home Depot.
It's been hot here for about 6 weeks and it is holding strong!
SOAZ (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #8903
yamsta
daGangsta

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Garage
Quote:

You can try 3M "Outdoor" Mounting tape found at Home Depot. They have different weights like 5lbs/10lbs/etc. I find that to be very strong even in HOT weather.
yamsta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yamsta For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (06-18-2015), SOAZ (06-18-2015)
Old 06-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #8904
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamsta View Post
You can try 3M "Outdoor" Mounting tape found at Home Depot. They have different weights like 5lbs/10lbs/etc. I find that to be very strong even in HOT weather.
That stuff is the best, IMO. It doesn't like to work in freezing weather when you apply it though. Once it's got some heat and bonded a bit, it'll stay on forever :p

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive