follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-16-2015, 12:26 PM   #8611
Shiv@Openflash
Senior Member
 
Shiv@Openflash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2013 FRS
Location: SF, CA
Posts: 2,629
Thanks: 1,055
Thanked 5,470 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
As a heads up I plan on editing and creating the install video for the proceed tomorrow. @Shiv@Openflash what do you want me to do about v1 install since I'm unaware of which wire to tap on the controller?
Just talked with Rob. For v1 guys:

Using a voltmeter measure the voltage of both wires going into the microswitch. With the switch off (throttle not pressed):
One wire will read ~0v.
The other wire will read ~5v.

When the switch is ON (throttle pressed):
They will both read ~5v.

Cut/desolder the wire that carries the switching signal (i.e., reads 0v with switch OFF). Tap/solder this wire on to the black wire on the Procede harness. That's it. Everything else (12v, GND, Throttle and Crank sensor wiring) is the same as what we did on your car.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #8612
SimplePortal
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: Hot Lava
Location: Boston
Posts: 47
Thanks: 18
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Is this alignment acceptable. I tried to cut as much as I can on the right side. I can't really push the compressor to the right as the ccv hose is right against the airbox now.

I could try cutting some off left of the ccv hose or is this okay. Is it okay that compressor is pointing a little bit downward towards the throttle body?

SimplePortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:41 PM   #8613
raven1231
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,580
Thanks: 8,264
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplePortal View Post
Is this alignment acceptable. I tried to cut as much as I can on the right side. I can't really push the compressor to the right as the ccv hose is right against the airbox now.

I could try cutting some off left of the ccv hose or is this okay. Is it okay that compressor is pointing a little bit downward towards the throttle body?

yes. Mine was never perfectly aligned and ran great
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:39 PM   #8614
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver
 
Sojhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,242
Thanks: 753
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Install Video for Procede Controller: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FpB5U2GJdo"]Procede Install for FT86 - YouTube[/ame]
__________________
Nicknamed Lightning by my Kids.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:44 PM   #8615
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver
 
Sojhinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,242
Thanks: 753
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplePortal View Post
Is this alignment acceptable. I tried to cut as much as I can on the right side. I can't really push the compressor to the right as the ccv hose is right against the airbox now.

I could try cutting some off left of the ccv hose or is this okay. Is it okay that compressor is pointing a little bit downward towards the throttle body?

I don't like this alignment. Too many things being stretched the wrong way. I would try to do a better job with this.
__________________
Nicknamed Lightning by my Kids.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #8616
Urmyson
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: BRZ
Location: FL
Posts: 191
Thanks: 12
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1231 View Post
yes. Mine was never perfectly aligned and ran great
It looks like the piece going from the air box to the ESC is a bit to long and is pushing the whole thing to the left. Maybe try cutting a small bit off to bring it over to the right.
Urmyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 08:50 PM   #8617
SilverFRS
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Drives: Silver FRS
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 48
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Try loosening all connection points and then aligning it. Looks like each connection is fighting the next one.
SilverFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:11 PM   #8618
SimplePortal
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: Hot Lava
Location: Boston
Posts: 47
Thanks: 18
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
i'll try again this weekend and trim some more.
SimplePortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:20 PM   #8619
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Just move the engine back and over to the left a little.
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:24 PM   #8620
raven1231
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 4,580
Thanks: 8,264
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Just drive the thing and pulls some logs
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:27 PM   #8621
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
No, but seriously, it would bug the living shit out of me. #itsworthit
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:44 PM   #8622
Target70
Senior Member
 
Target70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Location: Mid GA
Posts: 783
Thanks: 265
Thanked 366 Times in 240 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
It probably doesn't matter, but It's upsetting my OCD. I have been fighting the urge to get on mspaint and draw guide and adjustment lines on the picture. I agree SilverFRS, I think the intake tube is short enough, but now it's just not strait. I think due to the PCV connector hitting the intake box on the back side, the connector slides further up on the bumper side. F'it, I'll draw a picture when I get home.
__________________
Phantom ESC, OFH, OFT, K&N Drop in
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:59 PM   #8623
SimplePortal
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Drives: Hot Lava
Location: Boston
Posts: 47
Thanks: 18
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
It probably doesn't matter, but It's upsetting my OCD. I have been fighting the urge to get on mspaint and draw guide and adjustment lines on the picture. I agree SilverFRS, I think the intake tube is short enough, but now it's just not strait. I think due to the PCV connector hitting the intake box on the back side, the connector slides further up on the bumper side. F'it, I'll draw a picture when I get home.
Please do draw me a picture. I'll just drive it work tomorrow like this and test it out until I have time on the weekend to redo it.
SimplePortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:35 PM   #8624
Target70
Senior Member
 
Target70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Location: Mid GA
Posts: 783
Thanks: 265
Thanked 366 Times in 240 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
I tried to use lines on the picture as references, like the edge of the compressor housing, and the two throttle body bolts. The red lines are the optimum goal, and the green are your current angles.
If you loosen up all your clamps and push the ESC motor forward (direction of the bottom green arrow) It should align the rest.
__________________
Phantom ESC, OFH, OFT, K&N Drop in
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Circuit Motorsports - Vortech Supercharger FR-S Build + Full Perrin Exhaust & Extras Circuit Motorsports Member's Car Journals 4 03-21-2013 04:45 PM
Subaru BRZ : Full Throttle, powerslide, hard revving & ride ESBjiujitsu BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 20 05-30-2012 06:43 PM
86 Full Throttle Video + another. Aus86 FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 2 04-02-2012 07:07 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.