follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM   #71
wrxgoose
WUB WUB

Drives: 2013 Firestorm
Thanked 1,573 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
How'd he get the beans up above the franks?
magic? or just pushing buttons is my bet.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #72
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZPDX View Post
aren't there bunch of guys running around with this kit now? At least you know you will get it eventually.. Although the wait sucks.

I would complain after you get your product, just to be smart. You know what happens at a restaurant if you complain about something before you get your food. "Make it special for them".
This is line of thinking is a good example of why so many businesses get away with shit customer service

When you pay for a product you and the merchant are entering into a contract for delivery of said product. At a minimum, you should expect to given accurate and timely information about product delivery, receive the product in an agreed upon time frame, and receive a product that is fit for use or otherwise as described.

I see a lot of people on this forum making excuses for poor vendor customer service. I understand that companies get busy and sometimes delays happen that are not their fault, but that is NOT the responsibility of the buyer... Companies need to provide reasonable estimates of product availability, communicate with the customer when there is a deviation, and offer to cancel the order due to the delays when and if they occur.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:36 AM   #73
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexusb3 View Post
My car hasn't blown and I've tried so maybe you should as for me maps
So maybe I should send you the tune for my car. Run it and see how long it runs. Or if you want have toni send me an unlocked tune of your car. I will apply equivalent changes and I will re-tune your car to run the same AFR I had. Tell me if you can drive the car without stalling or spinning the tires at lights etc and then try to drive it without it burning a hole in your pistons.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #74
mad_sb

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
I have referred several people to fa20club over the past year, from E-Tuning to motor builds. This was based on my initial phone calls with Toni and initial customer service experience.

My first order with them had a slight delay and involved some parts that did not fit so well and needed to be modified. Toni was quick to respond to email and calls and worked with me to sort out the issues i had. All in all I thought, "Well, one thing for sure, Toni is willing to work with you to make things right" So despite the delays i felt good about the experience.

Several months latter I ordered a catless long tube header. At the time i was told it would be 3 weeks to ship. It took 8. I ordered catless but received catted. It then took several weeks to get the replacement catless pipe, which did not fit at all. There was no way possible for the 2nd 02 sensor to be installed, the flange sat way too close to the manifold runners and the frame rail so the over pipe would hit no matter what you did. I ended up keeping the catted pipe and sending back the cat-less one.

Toni seems like a good guy when you talk to him. But at this point it seems like they may have a track record of poor fitting parts, botched orders, and long shipping delays. I hope they can take the constructive criticism and do what they need to do to get the operational side of the business in order.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:10 AM   #75
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anajri View Post
i had a bad experiance also
logs where not responded still waiting for e85 tune (4 month) and my brother is still waiting for the turbo kit (4 month) even some pms are not return and call never answers
afaik toni doesn't MBT tune his e85 tunes. I would't use them. If you were closer to me I would offer to help tune your car for free as a kind gesture but our time difference alone would make it difficult. I have already seen one person on an e85 tune from a common vendor (i wont mention which) that was knocking on e85. it just wasn't as visible since it was so minor.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #76
vgi

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post
Several months latter I ordered a catless long tube header. At the time i was told it would be 3 weeks to ship. It took 8. I ordered catless but received catted. It then took several weeks to get the replacement catless pipe, which did not fit at all. There was no way possible for the 2nd 02 sensor to be installed, the flange sat way too close to the manifold runners and the frame rail so the over pipe would hit no matter what you did. I ended up keeping the catted pipe and sending back the cat-less one.
hm, ironically, seems like some locally made supposedly quality made products have a long way to go until they reach "cheap chineese ebay shit" (as said by many) which at least bolts on without issues.
vgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:48 AM   #77
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If i would seen the reviews on the forums now i would have definitely choose a different kit. I ordered my kit back in July and before when most of all the reviews were all positive, i wanted a UEL setup and was on the fence on getting FA20Club and AVO kit. I wanted a bit bigger turbo that's why i decided to go with FA20Club kit, and the experience has not what all those reviews back before July. Basically equaled to one box a month and had four boxes send , and only one tracking number sent for the first box. IC piping hand to be replaced twice : original piping does not fit the BRZ headlights because of the HID, heard most people had started shaving them. The next one sent the bov flange was hitting right next to alternator so the bov would not fit. Contacting Toni would be usually hit or miss seemed to catch him more when the full kit reached me. I believe it takes him awhile to get all the piping and fabrication from whomever he uses, this is no excuse. If he would be up front with time frame, most people would be fine with it. The issues lies within given a 4-6 week turnaround time when in actuality it should be 8-12 weeks. Customer service is key if yours is not up to par, wont be soon till you have none.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #78
CK_Bladesmith

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Good luck getting fa20club to answer the phone today, if anyone tries. It goes to voicemail every time.
Raven FR-S mods: Unichip, Ground Control street coilovers with camber plates and strut tower brace, SPC Lca's, Drag DR-38 wheels with Dunlop Direzza DZ101s, Perrin CAI and silicone inlet tube, Perrin 3" resonated catback, Perrin high flow catted front pipe, Rev Works UEL header.
CK_Bladesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #79
DR 86

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Used to have a FA20Crap tune, took an eternity to get re-tunes, poorly spelled caps lock emails when he did reply once in a blue moon with no useful information. Finally switched to Moto-East for tuning. @moto-mike understands customer service and great tunes to boot. So much smoother and more gains than my old FA20Crap tunes. I'd get revised tunes within 3 days of sending logs, always providing advice/suggestions/tips in email communications even offering to work on issues/upgrades I didn't even request eg. tightening up shifting on the AT, softening rev limiter etc.
Perrin CAI|Perrin MCB|P&L header|Motiv OP/FP|MXP catback|Tein Type Flex coilovers|Eibach F/R sway bars|GS front strut brace|Street:PM HC+800/Track:Carbotech XP10|StopTech slotted rotors/SS lines|SBC RPF1s|Street:FK453/Winter:Pirelli SottoZero3/Track:Toyo R888s|Leg Sport rear spoiler|EcuTek Tuned|OEM oil cooler|4th/F1 brake lights
DR 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DR 86 For This Useful Post:
Yobiwan (01-21-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #80
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR 86 View Post
Used to have a FA20Crap tune, took an eternity to get re-tunes, poorly spelled caps lock emails when he did reply once in a blue moon with no useful information. Finally switched to Moto-East for tuning. @moto-mike understands customer service and great tunes to boot. So much smoother and more gains than my old FA20Crap tunes. I'd get revised tunes within 3 days of sending logs, always providing advice/suggestions/tips in email communications even offering to work on issues/upgrades I didn't even request eg. tightening up shifting on the AT, softening rev limiter etc.
Hey!! You used my word!! LOL "FA20C..P"
Old 01-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #81
anajri

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
afaik toni doesn't MBT tune his e85 tunes. I would't use them. If you were closer to me I would offer to help tune your car for free as a kind gesture but our time difference alone would make it difficult. I have already seen one person on an e85 tune from a common vendor (i wont mention which) that was knocking on e85. it just wasn't as visible since it was so minor.
thanks i have since been working with William of delicious tunning and so far so good
regards
anajri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to anajri For This Useful Post:
nelsmar (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #82
diss7
Banned

Drives: AE86, 2x GT86, TE27
Thanked 1,179 Times in 522 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_ekim1024 View Post
The people, us, the users, want it here. We want to know people's experience. It could be moved later when the topic dies down. Go away fa20 fanboy, and turn on your damn abs before you kill someone.
If you are stupid enough to think that I'm going to kill someone because I disabled the driving aids, I would urge you not to modify your car. Because if you can't handle 150hp without aids, why the hell are you trying to get more power.
diss7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diss7 For This Useful Post:
mad_sb (01-09-2014)
Old 01-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #83
CajunFRS

Drives: Challenger R/T, CRX SI,
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Kind of cray they don't chime in. I've only bought from FT86 Speed factory and 86_zn6 so far. Well... I've tried to buy from 86_zn6. Jesus and him are the only ones who know when I'll get my order.
CajunFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #84
DR 86

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo_12v View Post
Hey!! You used my word!! LOL "FA20C..P"
It's very descriptive lol
Perrin CAI|Perrin MCB|P&L header|Motiv OP/FP|MXP catback|Tein Type Flex coilovers|Eibach F/R sway bars|GS front strut brace|Street:PM HC+800/Track:Carbotech XP10|StopTech slotted rotors/SS lines|SBC RPF1s|Street:FK453/Winter:Pirelli SottoZero3/Track:Toyo R888s|Leg Sport rear spoiler|EcuTek Tuned|OEM oil cooler|4th/F1 brake lights
DR 86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
droppingtheballtoni, fab-worx/rda limited, fckuporderagaintoni, fixitagaintoni, no fire yet, shutup&shipmyturbo, toniscustomerservicesucks