follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #57
Black Tire

Drives: Whiteout Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloist View Post
So the FRS doesn't come with tach sweep but the BRZ does?

I like the tach sweep, it's sort of inviting. my mom's xD has it and it's like starting a video game aha.
I actually tried the settings in my FR-S instead of just pontificating about what might be (not that I don't enjoy doing this from time to time, but not this time). Here's what I found:

After setting the rev indicator light I discovered there is a tach sweep on the FR-S. On startup after setting the rev indicator light (I also set the buzzer, but I don't think that changed things), it doesn't randomly sweep the tach. It sweeps the tach needle to the set warning RPM and lights up the indicator to let you know were it is set as you start the car. If you decide not to use the rev light indicator warning, I think that the tach will not sweep in the FR-S. I know my tach did not sweep on startup before setting the rev indicator light. I don't think it is possible to set this independently like it is in the BRZ.

Oh, and thanks for the thread kablammo. I didn't even know the settings existed in the manual FR-S before this post. [not big on pouring over the manual]

Black Tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 06:12 AM   #58
BRZfan

Drives: 2013BRZ Premium St Silver Metallic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorb View Post
I'm surprised how many folks do not read the stuff that came with their new car. I must be a freak.
I am not surprised.

There are many, unfortunately, who have never learned the discipline of reading. That is why they have become lazy and ask stupid questions on the internet that they could have easily learned by reading the Owner's Manual --- or --- they have read the Manual but cannot comprehend the instructions. They should also socialize more and find a friend to help them out on some issues that come up. Being anonymous, on the internet, allows one to ask these stupid questions without being embarrassed.

This is not always the case as there are some very valid questions that are brought up.

Attached Images

Last edited by BRZfan; 03-02-2013 at 06:48 AM.
BRZfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:38 AM   #59
The_Societan

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
To be fair, I myself had to refer to the manual yesterday. I read the whole thing, but didn't memorize it(it was late spring at the time). My window was frozen shut and the button lights were blinking as soon as got in the car. First time that's happened. After reading the manual(which I still keep in the car), I went through the steps and the fix wouldn't work. The manual says "with the car stopped, and the ignition in the ON position..."

What they should have said was with the ENGINE stopped and the ignition in the ON position. Because when I shut off the engine and tried again, the fix worked. By the way, you have to roll the window all the way down first. Then the auto function works and the blinking stops. Hope this helps.

By the way, I love reading manuals. But my memory ain't what it used to be.
The_Societan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #60
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Societan View Post
By the way, I love reading manuals.
Me too.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote