follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2016, 09:46 PM   #603
BRZ_HaVoKx

Drives: Satin Pearl White BRZ - Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidONE View Post
Is the OFT flex fuel tune ready to go? Doesn't look like they've published anything for it.
They are, he finished them about 2 weeks ago. They are not going to be free tho you have to pay the $250 for the tuning as Shiv said he has to use pervious revisions from pump gas and revise his base e85 map for each vehicle to build the flex tables. This is for FI applications tho as all we talk about in our group. I'm not entirely sure he has finished anything for N/A yet. You could always inquire with him about that.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
BRZ_HaVoKx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BRZ_HaVoKx For This Useful Post:
solidONE (07-08-2016)
Old 07-09-2016, 04:41 AM   #604
Wayno

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ_HaVoKx View Post
Plug and play fuel lines, yes. All pre fab'd XRP lines and fittings. Wiring requires one splice into the ecu at the cpc I believe I got out of Shiv about a month ago. Everything else is wired. Display is through the OFT only as he used a different content sensor then anyone else and he said the output is different for his application. Fitting instructions will be included when you receive the kit, which will be delivered sometime this weekend I love been told by Anthony at FFTEC they were waiting on a bulk fitting order to be delivered yesterday. There will be support for every CAL ID from what I've been told.

Any other questions or if I missed something just lemme know.

If every calibration code is correctly supported and not simply cal id hacked over the top of an A01G rom I'll eat my hat.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #605
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Need some assistance please, my OFT is not reading my AFR after my first log I sent to shiv. I have played with all the pins and sockets to get a good connection and nothing has fixed it. Started car up this morning and it was reading for about 5 mins and stopped again. I need this working so I can get logs to Shiv, please input if you have advice thanks! Also getting p0031 code which I believe is for the primary sensor but not sure the cause...

P0031 is primary 02 sensor heater circuit fail, coupled with no reading for afr I would say you have problem with primary 02 sensor wiring or connector.

If the wiring is shorted melted then its likely blown the o2 sensor HTR fuse.

are you running one of the new flex fuel SBD roms ?
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 04:29 PM   #606
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibaYuki View Post
I haven't updated my OFT in a long time. Should I update and I was wondering if there's new updates to the UEL 91oct?
updating oft via ofm only updates software/logging for oft, for new tunes you deed to specifically download them from the oft downloads site
Old 07-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #607
steve99
Banned

Quote:
There will be support for every CAL ID from what I've been told.

Any other questions or if I missed something just lemme know.

If you have one of the flex tunes break out the hex editor and search for ZA1J in the hex code are all three calid the same ? or is one ZA1JA01G
Old 07-12-2016, 02:03 AM   #608
drift86

Drives: GT86, 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I read the facelifted 2017 model has a much improved stability control system with a Track button instead of Sports that cuts in more gently and allows for more sideways action.

I wonder if the updated VSC program can be uploaded to the older cars via the OFT?
drift86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 02:31 AM   #609
Wayno

Drives: Toyota 86 GTS
Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift86 View Post
I read the facelifted 2017 model has a much improved stability control system with a Track button instead of Sports that cuts in more gently and allows for more sideways action.

I wonder if the updated VSC program can be uploaded to the older cars via the OFT?
Generally when ROM logic is updated due to hardware changes, the roms aren't compatible on the mismatching hardware platform. Example: MY14/MY15 dash module update. That is unless you're particularly adventurous or you don't particularly care if all your hardware works as correctly. It would be nice if all newer roms were backwards compatible, but I think you'll find the MY17 will be the absolute most backwards incompatible.
Wayno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:11 AM   #610
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift86 View Post

+1 on what @Wayno said, i know fisrt hand that say a 2103 car with an A01G rom will have issues if you load the late 2014 D00G ecu software.

Also the car has sevral different control modules, the oft only talks to the Engine control module ECM/ECU the VSC is a completely different module that the oft does not talk to.

you may be able to load software with Techstream, but getting a copy of the vsc code is another problem.

The other issue as wayne said is that not only must the software you load into each control module be suitable for that module (ie the 2017 may have different hardware in the VSC module), the computers/modules in the car all talk to each other, and the VSC module talks to the ECU to tell the ecu to say reduce throttle when you slide. So the software in each module needs to be compatible or the modules may not take the correct action when signaled by other modules in car.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:46 AM   #611
Kodename47

Drives: UK GT86
Thanked 1,629 Times in 1,112 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Begs the question.... will a MY17 VSC module, dash and updated map on the current models work?

Kodename 47 DJ:
Soundcloud / Instagram / Facebook
Kodename47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:29 PM   #612
renfield90
The Stig's German cousin

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodename47 View Post
Begs the question.... will a MY17 VSC module, dash and updated map on the current models work?
Pinout changes? Sensor changes? There's a lot of uncertainty and no guarantees.

All the nannies off will always be faster, unless they put something in along the lines of what the GTR has...and that is big time $$$. So IMO you'll spend a lot of time and money in a retrofit, and still be slower than the guy who just turns it all off.

Not worth it. Just learn how to drive.
renfield90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 03:53 AM   #613
An Amish Woman

Drives: '15 WRB Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've been wanting to get an OFT, but as a 1st timer, kinda scared of taking the leap. I have a UEL header and a GrimmSpeed intake. 91 octane the most readily available fuel in my area.

I assume it's fairly easy to install with YouTube tutorials. What kinda tunes comes pre-programmed into the unit? Or can you pick and choose? And does the unit need to stay plugged into the car for the tunes to work? As for the CEL, will that need to manually be cleared each time you turn the car on?

'15 WRB BRZ Limited (Summer)
'93 Ford Festiva L (Work Horse / Race Project)
An Amish Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 04:22 AM   #614
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Amish Woman View Post
I've been wanting to get an OFT, but as a 1st timer, kinda scared of taking the leap. I have a UEL header and a GrimmSpeed intake. 91 octane the most readily available fuel in my area.

I assume it's fairly easy to install with YouTube tutorials. What kinda tunes comes pre-programmed into the unit? Or can you pick and choose? And does the unit need to stay plugged into the car for the tunes to work? As for the CEL, will that need to manually be cleared each time you turn the car on?
oft comes with tunes for uel catless header and 91 or 93 fuel and e85 fuel.

grimspeed intake should not need any tune adjustments one of the few that dont.

cel is already disabled in the stage2 tunes for uel headers

the oft flashes tune to ecu after that you dont need to have it plugged in unless you want to log or use guage functions. tune is permanent till you reflash a new tune or your stock tune back to ecu, removing battery connection does not alter tune just resets ecu.
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
An Amish Woman (07-20-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 10:41 PM   #615
tracerit

Drives: '13 SSM BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Is it normal for the OFT stage 1 tune to run rich? Stock tune the ltft never goes past -5% ltft but after flashing the tune it goes to -9% on idle. Going back to stock tune will cap it at -5% ltft.
tracerit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #616
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
Is it normal for the OFT stage 1 tune to run rich? Stock tune the ltft never goes past -5% ltft but after flashing the tune it goes to -9% on idle. Going back to stock tune will cap it at -5% ltft.

ltft % does not indicate its running rich, ltft is the amount of correction the ecu is applying to the fueling to attempt to hit the target afr.

high ltft can be due to maf scaling error or change in intake causing maf scaling error, or large changes in intake air temps or ethanol percent in fuel.

you need to compare afr commanded and afr (measured) to see if its running rich
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
tracerit (07-19-2016)