follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #29
Shit Luck

Drives: red frs
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
oil I get.
destroyed pulley, bent brackets, trashed intake lid.... I am not happy at all. I could have bought new if I knew it was gonna show up all fucked up.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #30
Jouki

Drives: FR-S 10 Series #805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks like shit luck if you ask me

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Jouki For This Useful Post:
MountainManFR-S (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #31
prometheus

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shit Luck View Post
oil I get.
destroyed pulley, bent brackets, trashed intake lid.... I am not happy at all. I could have bought new if I knew it was gonna show up all fucked up.
I don't see a picture of the intake lid on the original posting. did you ask the seller to see more detailed pictures of what you were purchasing when they were already taken off the vehicle and ready for shipping? If you did not get more pictures from the OP then you bought a very expensive supercharger blindly, additionally no one should have to point out that it is sold used so there is no warranty or return support as buying from manufacture or authorized retail.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:16 PM   #32
Shit Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
I don't see a picture of the intake lid on the original posting. did you ask the seller to see more detailed pictures of what you were purchasing when they were already taken off the vehicle and ready for shipping? If you did not get more pictures from the OP then you bought a very expensive supercharger blindly, additionally no one should have to point out that it is sold used so there is no warranty or return support as buying from manufacture or authorized retail.
so its ok for a company to sell non working items as low mile working items?
Old 01-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #33
prometheus

Quote:
so its ok for a company to sell non working items as low mile working items?
if you buy from a company a brand new item and it is delivered to you as non operational, then it is defective, and in most cases it carries a warranty in which you could send the item back to the company for a replacement free of charge. it appears you bought from a private seller that is not a authorized vendor here a used item.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #34
Shit Luck

Quote:
if you buy from a company a brand new item and it is delivered to you as non operational, then it is defective, and in most cases it carries a warranty in which you could send the item back to the company for a replacement free of charge. it appears you bought from a private seller that is not a authorized vendor here a used item.
so you are saying they are good to go on scamming people because....tough shit...
Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 PM   #35
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
When someone posts that their kit has only 6k miles, and "hasn't skipped a beat," you would think that they are inferring that the kit is in great condition.
The Following User Says Thank You to husker741 For This Useful Post:
Shit Luck (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:24 PM   #36
prometheus

Quote:
so you are saying they are good to go on scamming people because....tough shit...
back to my original question.. did you get pictures? there are shady dealers and scam artists all over the internet, I am hoping you were a smart enough buyer to get more pictures from the seller to hold the shipping company accountable for damages. other wise, yes tough shit, err shit luck in your case.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #37
husker741
Banned

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FR-S 6MT
Thanked 4,183 Times in 1,415 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
back to my original question.. did you get pictures? there are shady dealers and scam artists all over the internet, I am hoping you were a smart enough buyer to get more pictures from the seller to hold the shipping company accountable for damages. other wise, yes tough shit, err shit luck in your case.
Good thing they are well known and should have good customer service then, or else their reputation is at stake. https://www.chasebays.com
Old 01-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #38
Shit Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker741 View Post
When someone posts that their kit has only 6k miles, and "hasn't skipped a beat," you would think that they are inferring that the kit is in great condition.
especially from a vendor on the site..
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM   #39
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Before you purchased this supercharger, did you ask for detailed photos from Chase Bays? If so, is the condition between the photos you received before purchasing and the condition of the kit after arrival significantly different?

I'm asking you this because you did in fact purchase a USED supercharger kit and, in my opinion, it is solely and completely up to the buyer to check the condition of the merchandise before throw down the cash for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to B L U E S L A T E For This Useful Post:
prometheus (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 07:31 PM   #40
Shit Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E View Post
Before you purchased this supercharger, did you ask for detailed photos from Chase Bays? If so, is the condition between the photos you received before purchasing and the condition of the kit after arrival significantly different?

I'm asking you this because you did in fact purchase a USED supercharger kit and, in my opinion, it is solely and completely up to the buyer to check the condition of the merchandise before throw down the cash for it.
it was still on the car when I purchased it.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #41
Shit Luck

I love how on this site everyone jumps to defend vendors no questions asked.
its a damn joke that you guys are saying its my fault I got shit parts.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #42
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Hardly trying to stir shit or fuel a fire...

If I paypal'd whatever amount of money to purchase something and the only pics I saw of it was that it was in pristine or like new condition and received it in the condition you have, I'd be working with the seller ASAP to come to a reasonable resolution.

If no luck there, I'm having paypal step in. I'm not saying you should go that route yet. If the issue was during shipping, I'd hope the product was shipped with insurance. It would have been silly not to, considering the price of the product and how important structural integrity is when it comes to car parts.
The Following User Says Thank You to mfbmike For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (01-23-2014)

Closed Thread