follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2015, 11:25 AM   #29
aghuman

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I Just recently started having the same issue, initially I thought it was my struts because it just sounded like that kind of clicking noise but the under tray seems like it could be it as well since I installed headers about a month ago and had to remove and re install that in the process. Ill give it a shot and confirm back here if it is successful. Thanks for the suggestion @amg
aghuman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aghuman For This Useful Post:
amg (07-08-2015)
Old 07-08-2015, 06:40 AM   #30
Coheed

Drives: DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Anyone getting a loud pop from the front suspension occasionally? Not a slight ticking noise or anything, but I am getting a loud pop occasionally when the front suspension is compressed. Pulling into my driveway is when I first noticed it, and then again going over a speed bump a few weeks later. It is a car that only sees about 300 miles a month, 13k miles so far.

It's strange that the noise isn't very common, it seems extremely intermittent which makes this one very hard to find. It sounds pretty peculiar, and very loud. Almost like a loud bang noise. Can't really get under the car to see what's up, so I dunno. It's such a rare occurrence that it makes me wonder how severe the issue is. But it doesn't sound like its harmless either.
Coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 10:13 AM   #31
aghuman

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Just a follow up from an earlier message, I tinkered with the under tray but it seemed to be pretty snug which means I'm back at ground zero.

For what its worth I am noticing that I only really hear the noise at slow speeds and when the wheel is turned.

Any thoughts?
aghuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:05 PM   #32
paintdude258

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
This was the answer I needed. I installed a strut tower brace a few weeks ago, and the nuts holding it down had come loose! Lifesaver!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepremiere View Post
check nuts on the bracing under the hood, but do not tighten them anything over 15lbs other wise you will sheer the stud off.

mine were loose and shifting under load. sounded like I had toasted a ball joint.

i added some rubber washers under the brace where it meets the body just in case. haven't heard anything since.
paintdude258 is offline   Reply With Quote