follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #29
ermax
Senior Member
 
ermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,533
Thanks: 883
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,191 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
I can't stand loose objects in my car banging back and forth through turns so that area simply collects dust for me. The only thing I would put there would be a phone but it's sort of an awkward place for a phone anyways. I have a magnet mount for my phone and it never moves in turns and it's easy to access.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:13 AM   #30
Stang70Fastback
A.K.A. Starlord
 
Stang70Fastback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,842
Thanks: 845
Thanked 2,102 Times in 835 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I can't stand loose objects in my car banging back and forth through turns so that area simply collects dust for me. The only thing I would put there would be a phone but it's sort of an awkward place for a phone anyways. I have a magnet mount for my phone and it never moves in turns and it's easy to access.
You COULD put some toggle switches in there, though. They don't bang back and forth loosely! Just sayin!
__________________
.

Check out my blog, read all about my BRZ adventures, and oogle my sweet cell-phone photos!
You can also find me on Instagram, and on Facebook.
Stang70Fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #31
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Soy sauce packets
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:26 AM   #32
guybo
Huge E85 fan!
 
guybo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
Location: Tampa, FL, USA
Posts: 1,850
Thanks: 539
Thanked 1,010 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
last gas receipt, business cards (Bond, automotive windshields) and cards for a car group I'm in (Misfit Toys car group) too.

My phone just doesn't fit (so I installed a floor mounted phone/tablet holder). Really, jack shit fits in that annoyingly small useless little dust collecting cavity. I wish they made it bigger so the average smart phone would fit in there.
guybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #33
N_AL_spyder
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: 2013 10-series, 2004 MR-2
Location: N. AL
Posts: 19
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My work badge fits in there perfectly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk
N_AL_spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:27 PM   #34
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:24 PM   #35
86MLR
Senior Member
 
86MLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 500
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Ohhh, nice.

Does that draw much power when switched off.

I've been hesitant of leaving one plugged in.

Cheers
__________________
Disclaimer: This post represents the official views of the voices in my head at the time of posting.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133311
I'm only here for the biscuits
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:28 PM   #36
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
Ohhh, nice.

Does that draw much power when switched off.

I've been hesitant of leaving one plugged in.

Cheers
I can't vouch for others but the OBDLink has a ten-minute countdown to standby. It's pretty sweet.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:05 PM   #37
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
Ohhh, nice.

Does that draw much power when switched off.

I've been hesitant of leaving one plugged in.

Cheers
I have one (OBD Link) too. It never drained my battery and I left it plugged in 24/7 until I got an OFT. It worked great for monitoring oil temp and such.
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:11 PM   #38
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
I have one (OBD Link) too. It never drained my battery and I left it plugged in 24/7 until I got an OFT. It worked great for monitoring oil temp and such.
Most recent software update has a valve spring PID.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:15 PM   #39
Spuds
The Dictater
 
Spuds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 9,697
Thanks: 26,779
Thanked 12,750 Times in 6,320 Posts
Mentioned: 88 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Most recent software update has a valve spring PID.


I guess it could just check your VIN against a database. What a novel idea!
Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:17 PM   #40
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Most recent software update has a valve spring PID.
Pelvic inflammatory disease?
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:35 PM   #41
Ultramaroon
not playing cards
 
Ultramaroon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Location: vantucky, wa
Posts: 32,394
Thanks: 53,054
Thanked 37,230 Times in 19,309 Posts
Mentioned: 1118 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
Pelvic inflammatory disease?
Parameter ID.
__________________
Ultramaroon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 11:36 PM   #42
Sapphireho
Famous Potatoes
 
Sapphireho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: '15 ultramarine
Location: Idaho
Posts: 14,097
Thanks: 5,833
Thanked 19,730 Times in 9,284 Posts
Mentioned: 163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
Parameter ID.
I was close.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Protecting glove compartment and passenger side dash? Krazy Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 0 02-23-2015 11:10 PM
DIY Mini Bar/secret compartment? VakaGT Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 11 01-28-2015 06:16 AM
How to keep animals out of your engine compartment... Tim_Asphalt_FRS Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 25 03-12-2014 02:29 PM
Don't let your glove compartment eat your wallet Pneub Southern California 26 08-11-2013 10:48 PM
Where is the sub-floor storage compartment? wbradley BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 4 08-19-2012 10:59 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.