follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-14-2016, 01:36 PM   #29
Racer-X

Drives: 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmark View Post
Why wasn't he charged? You have video proof.
I didn't tell the cops I had the cameras in case they decided to take them as evidence. I wanted to view the video first before letting anyone know I had it.
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Racer-X For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 01:41 PM   #30
jonnyboi

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I hope your recovery is a smooth one.

I'm an auto claims examiner and it sickens me when I get claims where people lie to try and get out of "being at fault"/disclaiming liability. If there's no evidence nor independent witness account(s) for support/argument purposes then we just have to go along with their story (defend/support them) for word vs. word only type of cases.

It is extremely rare where I get cases (like yours) that have "slam dunk" evidence to shut the disputing party up.

This is seriously making me consider getting a dashcam in the near future, thank you for sharing this learning experience with us!
jonnyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:45 PM   #31
Alltezza

Drives: WRB Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboi View Post
I hope your recovery is a smooth one.

I'm an auto claims examiner and it sickens me when I get claims where people lie to try and get out of "being at fault"/disclaiming liability. If there's no evidence nor independent witness account(s) for support/argument purposes then we just have to go along with their story (defend/support them) for word vs. word only type of cases.

It is extremely rare where I get cases (like yours) that have "slam dunk" evidence to shut the disputing party up.

This is seriously making me consider getting a dashcam in the near future, thank you for sharing this learning experience with us!
Is there any consequences for lying, especialy when they're caught with evidences from a dash cam. That shit heats me up seeing people would lie even though they knew their 100% at fault.
Alltezza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alltezza For This Useful Post:
Toyarzee (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 02:11 PM   #32
Racer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braces View Post
Accidents happen.
Yea, but running a light that was red for 9 seconds is straight up negligence. He was either on his phone or had the worst brakes in the world.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:41 PM   #33
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,986 Times in 16,484 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by YXEBears View Post
@humfrz the wire tucks nice under the front edge of the headliner then under the forward edge of the a pillar trim on down, that's what i did for my blackvue 2 cam system
Thanks for the hint.

I was spying that route ....... but the cord has these two "fat things" in the line ....... I got to figure out how to stuff them somewhere.

I'll get tuit ...... maybe tomorrow ...... I've already been to Costco and lugged giant bundles of tissue and TP around today. I don't want to over do .....

Between my 3 granddaughters and wife ...... they seem to use a LOT of paper products ....... maybe I'll limit them to two sheets per poo and one sheet per a sneeze .......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:42 PM   #34
Racer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm View Post
Yes, we often don not realize how narrow our visual attention is, how easy is to miss thing in your peripheral vision.

I am not blaming you in any way for what happened, the fault was entirely the other driver's.

I'd just want every driver to realize this fact: when you are looking for "a second" at your phone, or your speedometer, or your mirror, or an accident on the opposite side of the highway, or a nice-looking girl on the sidewalk, your brain does not really see what's in front of you, even if you think it does.

So avoid looking at things that are not necessary (accidents, girls, speedometer most of the time) and for things that are necessary (mirrors, side streets) ...
I agree with you. I'll add complacency to your list. I've been making that turn for 20 years, and it's only a couple hundred feet from work. I was not as alert as I would have been on a less familiar route.
The Following User Says Thank You to Racer-X For This Useful Post:
mdm (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #35
Toyarzee
Shibby!

Drives: '14 White FR-S, '01 turbo mini taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by funwheeldrive View Post
After thinking about it for years you've finally convinced me. Ordering this week.
Me too, amazon gift cards whall be used appropriately
Toyarzee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toyarzee For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 02:44 PM   #36
Racer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Thanks for the hint.

I was spying that route ....... but the cord has these two "fat things" in the line ....... I got to figure out how to stuff them somewhere.
Ferrite beads. You can get cables without them; try Amazon or Monoprice.com.
Old 09-14-2016, 02:47 PM   #37
Toyarzee
Shibby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltezza View Post
Is there any consequences for lying, especialy when they're caught with evidences from a dash cam. That shit heats me up seeing people would lie even though they knew their 100% at fault.
Wholeheartedly agree.

What's worse, he's a liar and ALSO shithead for driving with no license. Wtf is he doing on the road? Please tell me charges were brought against this beyond irresponsible asshat?!... what's to keep him from repeating ?
Old 09-14-2016, 02:53 PM   #38
Racer-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyarzee View Post
Wholeheartedly agree.

What's worse, he's a liar and ALSO shithead for driving with no license. Wtf is he doing on the road? Please tell me charges were brought against this beyond irresponsible asshat?!... what's to keep him from repeating ?
And almost guaranteed to be in the country illegally, given what I know. I had to beg to even get the cops to come. They wouldn't since no one requested an ambulance. I told them he didn't speak English and only had an ID from another country and I could use some help getting info swapped.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Racer-X For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (09-14-2016), Impureclient (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:08 PM   #39
jmark

Drives: '97 NSX-T, '18 Type R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer-X View Post
Yea, but running a light that was red for 9 seconds is straight up negligence. He was either on his phone or had the worst brakes in the world.
Quote:
And almost guaranteed to be in the country illegally, given what I know. I had to beg to even get the cops to come. They wouldn't since no one requested an ambulance. I told them he didn't speak English and only had an ID from another country and I could use some help getting info swapped.
Sorry to say where you live is one of the worst areas for this kind of problem and the local government gives them sanctuary and will do nothing about it. If he had hit you on the drivers side or if you had been carrying a passenger someone could have been killed. Unbelievable.
jmark is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmark For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (09-14-2016), Impureclient (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:09 PM   #40
Toyarzee
Shibby!

Quote:
:mad0 260:

I once had a cop refuse to file a police report because there was no ambulance requested, even though there was over 20k of property damage and the other party admitted fault. Still ended up having to pay my deductible and my rates went up. I learned you have to be a **** and say your neck hurts and you cant move just to cover your own ass and legal rights. System is so fucked up...

Last edited by Toyarzee; 09-15-2016 at 02:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toyarzee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2016, 03:10 PM   #41
Djratrap

Drives: BRZ CSB Limited
Dash cam was the best mod i ever put in the car. Glad you are okay.
Djratrap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Djratrap For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #42
Braces

Drives: 17 Alfa Romeo 4C
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Totally agree with you. I despise people who run red lights.
funwheeldrive (09-14-2016), ssidd (09-14-2016)