follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 03-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #3123
vgi

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boofneenee View Post
I didn't think injectors and pump are needed for the c38. Unless running e85
they're not, some people run both stock.

tuners recommend to upgrade not to run at full potential.
vgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #3124
Derka

Drives: 2015 frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Selling my 3 month old c30 kit if anyone is interested. I have not made a formal post yet.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:23 PM   #3125
glamcem

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by post_break View Post
UPDATE

Have I got some news for you!

So Kraftwerks says to tune the belt to 60.70hz and doing so is really difficult for the average Joe. The official machines that measure this are complicated and cost a fortune. Well not any more...

So I posted this free android app and got a chance to play with it. It's amazing. It actually works... This is for gates belts for bicycles.

Here is my first test...

Way off.

So I started to tighten the belt.

After this I locked the tensioner, fired her up, and what do you know... That sound is gone. I can also drive the car around and it doesn't really do it when taking off.

A far cry from the 21mm in the install.

Here is a video of what the belt looked like at 21mm and 23hz.

So after all of this I think this method of belt tension should be advised.
couldn't follow the owners thread for a while and missed all the good info

Thanks again
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 07:59 PM   #3126
86SPEED

Drives: The silvertrooper 10 series
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by empyreal89 View Post
Hey all!

The SC is in and tuned and everything is sweet. 298 whp and 232 tq. Ptuning did a great job! The only issue now is that my car has trouble starting. It takes 2-3 times to finally get her started. The first time will just turn over and die after a few seconds. 2nd time it will kind of start and die or it will fire up. Usually it is finally started by the third time.

I changed the battery to an Optimum Yellow Top and I am still having issues. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I will say she is definitely what I wanted in terms of power. I also have the black intercoller and cut out the grill for a nice clean look. Maybe a build thread in the future.
I had the same problem.. On the KW tune and Delicious Tune they both would sometimes be hard to start. It would start run really rough then die, if i tried to start it right away it wouldnt start or would run rough and die. if i wait a minute.. and i mean just 60 seconds or more then it would start right up. I do not have that problem with the Moto-East tune. Im not sure what it is. Church tuning said it was the pump, so i replaced it, then the injectors and i replaced those, but it was always the same thing. When i have the Moto-East tune in the car starts and runs great, while the others did have that hard start problem and issues with any throttle position over say 30-40% under 2500. like say going up a slight hill on the highway in 6th and with cruise control on, if it tries to maintain speed it just goes stupid rich and start stumbling..

-Thomas
86SPEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 01:44 AM   #3127
mit_peid
Boosted Noob

Drives: '13 FRS MT KW SC, '05 4Runner 4WD
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I had problems going from the original Delicious "factory" tune to the newer KW tune starting up. But after I swapped out the MAP sensor to the new one KW I no longer have start up problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2015, 11:47 AM   #3128
DAN_BRZ

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ Sport Tech
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas83 View Post
Plenty of room for the lower fitting.
I am not sure what type of threads the ports have yet.
I am offshore at the moment, so I will look in to it when i get back home.
3/4x16 SAE thread

Using the NPT 90 Degree to whichever AN you use off of the adapter itself.

This is what I was given but we're doubling checking just to make sure that's correct.

this was just given to my by CJ @ kraftwerks
DAN_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:42 PM   #3129
Andreas83

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRZ View Post
3/4x16 SAE thread

Using the NPT 90 Degree to whichever AN you use off of the adapter itself.

This is what I was given but we're doubling checking just to make sure that's correct.

this was just given to my by CJ @ kraftwerks
Thanks for the info.
Please share some pics of the install when you install it.
I havent done anything more with my install.
Andreas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 09:00 PM   #3130
empyreal89

Drives: 14' BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fteightysix View Post
I had the same problem.. On the KW tune and Delicious Tune they both would sometimes be hard to start. It would start run really rough then die, if i tried to start it right away it wouldnt start or would run rough and die. if i wait a minute.. and i mean just 60 seconds or more then it would start right up. I do not have that problem with the Moto-East tune. Im not sure what it is. Church tuning said it was the pump, so i replaced it, then the injectors and i replaced those, but it was always the same thing. When i have the Moto-East tune in the car starts and runs great, while the others did have that hard start problem and issues with any throttle position over say 30-40% under 2500. like say going up a slight hill on the highway in 6th and with cruise control on, if it tries to maintain speed it just goes stupid rich and start stumbling..

-Thomas
Thanks for the response! I think I may have solved the issue. If I just turn the car on but don't start it for a few seconds before and then actually start it, she fires up perfectly. I tested it out a few times tonight, but I will test again in the morning to see if this is why. I hope this solves it so I don't have to pursue other more expensive options. I had the injectors and clutch upgraded.

Here's my baby:

empyreal89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to empyreal89 For This Useful Post:
DAN_BRZ (03-18-2015), Scracho (03-18-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:53 PM   #3131
DAN_BRZ

im getting mixed Info on whether or not I need to upgrade my injectors with the c38 kit.
Who is running the c38 kit on stock injectors and pump? And who has upgraded? I'll be install my kit in 3 weeks and just trying to get anything else I would need prior to install.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #3132
Triumphrider

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS in white out
My C38 goes on hopefully next weekend. I'm going to be running stock fuelling. Moto East is looking after my tune. Yes I could get more with injectors and a pump but I think Stock fueling will satisfy for my DD.
Triumphrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:06 PM   #3133
86SPEED

Quote:
im getting mixed Info on whether or not I need to upgrade my injectors with the c38 kit.
Who is running the c38 kit on stock injectors and pump? And who has upgraded? I'll be install my kit in 3 weeks and just trying to get anything else I would need prior to install.
We had a car on the regular pulley with a c38 on stock injectors with no problem, he only went to new injectors once he went e85. he also ran the high boost pulley right before with no issues on a church tune, but was told it depends on the tuner on whether they use more port injector or direct injector. i personally would get injectors 550's at least as its always better safe then sorry
Old 03-19-2015, 09:43 AM   #3134
DAN_BRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphrider View Post
My C38 goes on hopefully next weekend. I'm going to be running stock fuelling. Moto East is looking after my tune. Yes I could get more with injectors and a pump but I think Stock fueling will satisfy for my DD.
I am leaning towards a delicious tune at the moment. been talking with zach threw pm. Hes a solid guy. Will u be dynoing after install? very interested in hearing your feed back on the moto east tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fteightysix View Post
We had a car on the regular pulley with a c38 on stock injectors with no problem, he only went to new injectors once he went e85. he also ran the high boost pulley right before with no issues on a church tune, but was told it depends on the tuner on whether they use more port injector or direct injector. i personally would get injectors 550's at least as its always better safe then sorry
what injectors would you recommend? thinking of grams 550's. what risk would i have not running larger injectors? am i just not able to utilize the full potential of the C38 or do i run the risk of my engine going BOOM
Old 03-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #3135
Triumphrider

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS in white out
I won't be dynoing after, just some logging for moto East to review
Old 03-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #3136
86SPEED

Quote:
what injectors would you recommend? thinking of grams 550's. what risk would i have not running larger injectors? am i just not able to utilize the full potential of the C38 or do i run the risk of my engine going BOOM
Ive ran Grams injectors with no problem, i was running their 750's but because of the E85 and the boost pulley i decided to run with i was just running out of fuel after 7450 rpm. to run all the way to the 7750 rediline we set up, i need a little more, thats why i went back to the DW 900's. That was with the Delicious tune. The KW tune and Moto-East tune i was ok with 750's, But again im at about 18psi sometimes a hair more depending on temperature and E85. All pump on the lower boost pulley we have had no issues with stock fueling on one customers car, Church tuned it, and i dont know if he tuned it to run up to what the fuel system could provide, or if it was enough and he just tuned it

I personally would get with your tuner and ask them. If your going with Delicious, Zach or Bill should be able to tell you yes or no on the injectors.

-Thomas
The Following User Says Thank You to 86SPEED For This Useful Post:
DAN_BRZ (03-19-2015)