follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #15
Moshpit37
FR-S Owner!
 
Moshpit37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 575
Thanks: 319
Thanked 394 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Got my chrome blinker bulbs in today. Looks so much cleaner!





Next up: clear side marker lenses to complete the look!
__________________

Frances - 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Owner's Journal
Moshpit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #16
Keszki
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: GT86 delivered!
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 36
Thanks: 14
Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Nice pics man, got my desktop draped with your car
Keszki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:13 PM   #17
mezdup
#1362
 
mezdup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2014 Ice Silver WRX
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,081
Thanks: 480
Thanked 404 Times in 228 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
looks great man. can you link the chrome bulbs you ordered?
mezdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #18
Moshpit37
FR-S Owner!
 
Moshpit37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 575
Thanks: 319
Thanked 394 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezdup View Post
looks great man. can you link the chrome bulbs you ordered?
Here you go! 7440 for the rear and 7443 for the front. (I screwed up and bought 2 pair of 7440s at first, and they don't work for the parking light function in the front. My pair of 7443 should be here today or tomorrow.)
__________________

Frances - 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Owner's Journal
Moshpit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:43 AM   #19
Moshpit37
FR-S Owner!
 
Moshpit37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 575
Thanks: 319
Thanked 394 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Took my first real road trip with Frances last week. Went up to St. Louis for Warped Tour and stayed with some friends in the area for the week. It was about a 7-hour drive, mostly interstate. I've been past the 1,000 mile break-in period for awhile now so I didn't have to worry about not using the cruise control. Found a couple more minor dings in the paint, but alas, such is life. She is a daily driver after all. When it's time to get serious about turning her into a show car, I'm planning on all new paint anyways. I'm thinking Synergy Green (like on the 5th gen Camaro). Got to start saving for that right now.
__________________

Frances - 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Owner's Journal
Moshpit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:44 PM   #20
Moshpit37
FR-S Owner!
 
Moshpit37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 575
Thanks: 319
Thanked 394 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Clear Side Markers!

I got my clear side markers installed yesterday! No more ugly orange disrupting the front end cleanliness on FRanceS. I may be a Detroit Tigers fan, but I just wasn't feeling the orange-on-blue look. (I prefer the home uniforms anyways.) I used chrome amber bulbs to keep it clear when the lights aren't in use.

I'm also in the process of turning the red "fog reflector" between the reverse lights into a 4th brake light. I have everything installed just ran out of time wiring it up yesterday. Should have it done tomorrow.

I think it looks much better like this, how about you?






__________________

Frances - 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Owner's Journal

Last edited by Moshpit37; 07-15-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Moshpit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #21
mezdup
#1362
 
mezdup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2014 Ice Silver WRX
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,081
Thanks: 480
Thanked 404 Times in 228 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
looks great man, keep it up.
mezdup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
Moshpit37
FR-S Owner!
 
Moshpit37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 575
Thanks: 319
Thanked 394 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
The brake light mod is done! Only downside is I'll probably never get to actually see it myself anymore!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMuxbMSLwqE&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMuxbMSLwqE&feature=plcp[/ame]
__________________

Frances - 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Owner's Journal

Last edited by Moshpit37; 07-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Moshpit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #23
b_massey02
Senior Member
 
b_massey02's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6MT
Location: Tallahasse, FL
Posts: 126
Thanks: 8
Thanked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Nice color choice! :-)
b_massey02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:31 AM   #24
Moshpit37
FR-S Owner!
 
Moshpit37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 575
Thanks: 319
Thanked 394 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
New wallpaper-sized pic with the clear side markers.
Attached Images
 
__________________

Frances - 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Owner's Journal
Moshpit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
tnt
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: argento frs at
Location: fremont ca
Posts: 579
Thanks: 177
Thanked 76 Times in 71 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
very nice
tnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #26
Moshpit37
FR-S Owner!
 
Moshpit37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 575
Thanks: 319
Thanked 394 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Met up with a group of Scion owners tonight, the Scikotics. Two other FR-Ses there as well, so I got some group photos:



__________________

Frances - 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Owner's Journal
Moshpit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #27
Moshpit37
FR-S Owner!
 
Moshpit37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6AT
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 575
Thanks: 319
Thanked 394 Times in 151 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I've gone home to my parent's house for the week, a nearly 1,000 mile drive. At highway speeds, about 65-68 mph, I averaged 36.2 MPG!!! I also came VERY close to getting my first ever speeding ticket on the drive though. I was going about 68 mph whilst overtaking a semi-truck in Southern Illinois. I saw what looked like a disabled motorcycle on the right side of the road ahead of us so I accelerated to get around the truck so the truck could pull over into the left lane... the "disabled motorcycle" was a cop with the radar gun pointed right at me. I looked down and saw 80 mph and thought "oh shit" and immediately pulled over. I think that, along with my military ID and my yowling cat in his carrier in the back seat, helped my cause. At first he said he was going to cite me for the speed but after about 5 minutes back at his motorcycle he decided to let me go with a warning.

And now, for some glamour shots:


I cleaned her up and went to Ludington Park on Lake Michigan, in Escanaba, Michigan for some pictures. I just drove around the park and tried to find some cool backgrounds, hopped out and snapped a few pics. The weather was beautiful, but windy. I just love how the Ultramarine paint looks with the bright blue sky:








__________________

Frances - 2013 Scion FR-S in Ultramarine
Owner's Journal
Moshpit37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #28
bestwheelbase
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 1985 P-Type
Location: Nashville, TN, USA
Posts: 3,710
Thanks: 3,273
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
@Moshpit37 glad you didn't get a speeding ticket. You were doing the thoughtful thing by allowing the truck to move over!

The additional brake light is super cool. Another idea I had was to mount a camera in there for track days. Maybe someone will do that.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Odometer Functions - "S" & "G" What are they? kablammo BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 59 12-01-2013 12:28 AM
Toyota Holds "FT-86 Fastest Painted Website" Event to Help Launch FR-S / FT-86 Snoopyalien24 Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 35 11-26-2011 07:56 AM
Subaru BRZ Prototype First Drive Review: "Off the Chart" (Motor Trend) Hachiroku BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 67 11-09-2011 05:58 PM
May 2010 Car&Driver issue FT-86 article - "25 Cars Worth Waiting For" JDMinc Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 76 04-17-2010 03:58 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.