follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 08-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #15
Franisco

Drives: D31a
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mazda RX7- 2.5L MZR turbo..
Nissan Silvia- QR25DET
Toyota FT86- EJ257(Toyo equivalent)
Mitsubishi Starion- 4B11T
Honda S2500- F25 or better yet SC'd F23
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:31 PM   #16
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
^ RXs will always have rotaries.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 07:48 PM   #17
Franisco

haha, I knew that was going to be the first response. Isn't that what's killing off the RX right now?
Old 08-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #18
4agze

Drives: Toyota Corolla SR5
Garage
I still think mitsubishi should bring the colt back state side specially the ralliart edition even thou their is no more ralliart, its the right time for it americans are slowly getting the small & fuel efficient yet fun. I was never a fan of the eclips, I dont think eclips was taken seriously on the racing world, big on the shows and tuners who like the crank walk & got worst over time, the v6 on a short wheel base chassis was never a good idea unless you like cars that has alot of understeer.
4agze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:59 PM   #19
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franisco View Post
haha, I knew that was going to be the first response. Isn't that what's killing off the RX right now?
You could call your version an MX-7, maybe. RX cars are always rotary.

I think for the RX-7 people a normal motor would be about as bad for them as a new Supra coming out under the Scion brand for me.

And a little dig at the 13B...

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #20
Franisco

I still believe the Eclipse has potential. It's never going to be a sports car, but it always had that sport compact potential. Granted, the 4G63 in the turbo had its fair share of problems. It could be done well. Like a Scion TC or a Cobalt SS?
Fair enough, fair enough. A rotary it is
Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 PM   #21
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
I still believe the Eclipse has potential. It's never going to be a sports car, but it always had that sport compact potential. Granted, the 4G63 in the turbo had its fair share of problems. It could be done well. Like a Scion TC or a Cobalt SS?
Fair enough, fair enough. A rotary it is
Wasn't the 4g63 pretty much sorted out in the Evo by the time they went with the 4b11?

I still think the Lancer to Evo chain has Mitsubishi's youth target pretty well covered. Colt or Mirage or whatever would be better. Hot hatches could be due for a return...

Or hot RWD hatches...

Future Starlet...

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 12:35 AM   #22
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post

I think Mitsubishi had the same problem with the last 'good' Eclipse, so they re-did it for people who they think will buy it off the dealer's lot, instead of waiting for someone else to take the depreciation hit.
As someone who currently owns a 3rd generation eclipse and has owned the first two generations as well, despite what the fast and furious crowd may think, the "last good" eclipse was the lighter turbo awd first gen models.

Mitsu needs to build a neo-3000gt VR4 off the Evo platform and target the 370z instead of allowing the eclipse to wither and die in the low to mid $20k fwd range. Plus the turbo 4 banger genesis coupe crushes the eclipse in every way.

But it's a moot point. I think Mitsu only sold like 50,000 cars total all of last year. They are not long for the US market. This new push to go all hybrid isn't going to help them either. They're dead already and just don't realize it.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #23
Franisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post
As someone who currently owns a 3rd generation eclipse and has owned the first two generations as well, despite what the fast and furious crowd may think, the "last good" eclipse was the lighter turbo awd first gen models.

Mitsu needs to build a neo-3000gt VR4 off the Evo platform and target the 370z instead of allowing the eclipse to wither and die in the low to mid $20k fwd range. Plus the turbo 4 banger genesis coupe crushes the eclipse in every way.

But it's a moot point. I think Mitsu only sold like 50,000 cars total all of last year. They are not long for the US market. This new push to go all hybrid isn't going to help them either. They're dead already and just don't realize it.
Why do you think the 1g is better than the 2g? Neither one handled very well.. B/c it's lighter and had a more reliable engine?
The main reason I said to bring a new 2g style back was because they really don't have any small cheap cars in the line right now. I don't know, I have faith in them. If Kia can sell cars, surely Mitsubishi can find a viable market.

This isn't all necessarily about modifiable cars. The Eclipse can be adequate entry-level transport in base form..
Old 08-16-2010, 12:05 PM   #24
Matador
hashiryu

Drives: Mk4 Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagz94 View Post

This, this, one million times this.

Quote:
Why do you think the 1g is better than the 2g? Neither one handled very well.. B/c it's lighter and had a more reliable engine?
1G = proper sport compact. 2G = Secratary's car.

Quote:
You could call your version an MX-7, maybe. RX cars are always rotary.

I think for the RX-7 people a normal motor would be about as bad for them as a new Supra coming out under the Scion brand for me.

And a little dig at the 13B...

Roflmao.

Quote:
Wasn't the 4g63 pretty much sorted out in the Evo by the time they went with the 4b11?

I still think the Lancer to Evo chain has Mitsubishi's youth target pretty well covered. Colt or Mirage or whatever would be better. Hot hatches could be due for a return...

Or hot RWD hatches...

Future Starlet...
That it was. In fact, IIRC, it was sorted by the time the Evo IV/V came out.
Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 02:35 PM   #25
Mouse

Drives: Miata
RX stands for Rotary Experiment
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote