follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have the feeling to like...if any type of accident involved, just take insurance money, and FI the FR-S up, or Engine Swap!!!!!!!

Glad you are doing great, and it doesn't look too bad. I feel your pains for a new car, so sorry.
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #16
Missy
Blue Nose

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series
Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,017 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagera View Post
Sorry to see your car in that condition. I hope it gets fixed with no issues and it's good that your dad is going to help out on that end. I agree with Hawk and the others. It might be just stress or it could be a combination of both stress and injury. You really should get checked out. And if you need anyone to vent to or chit chat with other then family I'm willing to give you my number or whatever.
Thanks, this really does fuckin suck. I've had the car for like two months, I hate this. I'm just glad I didn't really do anything other than add a spoiler and it was still in good condition so it's not totally lost.

Man I wanna cry but it'll hurt my head..
Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #17
Tagera

Drives: Hot Lava/2013 FR-S/Automatic
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
Thanks, this really does fuckin suck. I've had the car for like two months, I hate this. I'm just glad I didn't really do anything other than add a spoiler and it was still in good condition so it's not totally lost.

Man I wanna cry but it'll hurt my head..

I know what you mean. I had a galant embedded in my passenger door about two months after I got mine. My fault of course, but it still sucked pretty badly. It was also my first major wreck other then a fender bender over a decade ago. You'll get through it and your car will look as good as new with except with a bit of tarnish on it's soul.
Tagera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #18
_______

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My friend been in this situation before. Said he had to pay his insurance company a deductible to pay for repairs while the insurance company got the money from the uninsured driver and later on got his deductible back . Though I guess it depends on whether they are willing to pay, though by the sound of it in your case, I assume that uninsured driver won't.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #19
Missy
Blue Nose

Well there goes the not crying thing..
I absolutely cannot talk to my parents about this or give suggestions about what to do or even question things without getting yelled at. Holy shit I'm more of a wreck than my car.. I guess I'll just hope for the best, I sure as hell hope nothing is wrong with me.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #20
torqdork

Drives: RV-7
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Very sorry for your mishap, Missy. Damn shame that both you and your beautiful new 10 Series were hurt.

Like others said, go see a doctor right away. It sounds like a pretty severe whiplash since your head went forward first and then snapped back with the rear impact. I'm not a doctor, but have read of others having similar accidents and worse outcomes because they didn't get medical attention soon enough.

And check into a diminished value claim. Your car will definitely qualify.

Here in Oregon, we pay for mandatory uninsured motorist protection to kick in for situations like this. It usually involves the at-fault driver also being unlicensed and fleeing back to their country of origin.

Take care, keep us posted.
torqdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #21
Tagera

Drives: Hot Lava/2013 FR-S/Automatic
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #22
Whitigir
Banned

Drives: 450 awhp twin turbo vr4
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I absolutely cannot talk to my parents about this or give suggestions about what to do or even question things without getting yelled at. Holy shit I'm more of a wreck than my car.. I guess I'll just hope for the best, I sure as hell hope nothing is wrong with me.
If I was your parents, I wouldn't yell at you, or whichever that makes you feel worse. 10 years ago, I was involved in an accident with a 3 months old bran-new car (camry)

I called my mom, and I expected for her to yell her lungs out into my face, but nah. Her first reaction was.

"Are you hurt ? Did you call the police ?"

I cried hearing those words. Because I remember 1 minute ago I was crawling out of my car, and wishing for the car to be scratched, but I saw it's side crumbled.

That camry was my mom first brand new car ever..
Whitigir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Whitigir For This Useful Post:
Missy (11-19-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #23
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,130 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Sorry to see this...

As someone who suffered a domino-effect accident like this (albeit at a higher speed) the headache and back pain are just the beginning. I still have neck and back pain 14 years later, and I was extremely fit and pain-free before the accident.

Get thoroughly checked out by a doctor, have x-rays of your spine taken, seek physical therapy if necessary.

It might also be a good idea to get lawyered up if your insurance fails to take care of you...
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
Evil Jesus (11-19-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #24
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Sorry to hear. If your experiencing from pain or headaches you may have suffered a slight whiplash injury or something a long those lines. Go see a doctor and have your self assessed. If anything comes of it like medicine, or physio costs your capable of adding that to your insurance claim in most cases.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #25
Missy
Blue Nose

Honestly our health insurance was switched recently and I have no idea what I need to do to get checked out and I don't want to piss off my parents by asking since when I was saying my head hurt this morning my dad said "it's just because you're sick(hardly) your airbag didn't deploy and you only hit the head rest.. Take something" I think he thinks I'm being a bitch about it or something and they're too upset with me to think anything else.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Accidents happen.. I'm sure your parents would be concerned that you were ok and then yell about the car.. Since I'm old enough to be your parent, I will give you the advice to go to the doctor and Be sure all is okay and there is nothing wrong physically. The rest is just more of frustration then anything else and that's dealing with the insurance companies trying to get your car repaired.
Just go and take it one step at a time so it doesn't seem so overwhelming. Inch by inch life is a cinch, yard by yard life is hard.
Also remember that if money can fix it, it's not a problem. Keep things in perspective and you will be fine. Just a bump in the road, so to speak. You will get past this and all will be well again. Good luck.
P.S. you're not grounded!
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikem53 For This Useful Post:
Missy (11-17-2013)
Old 11-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #27
tech4pdx
Make love

Drives: H8R.. Not really
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
I hope you go see a doctor and that everything turns out ok. Cars are repairable. They come and go over the years. I've had my fair share of drivers who don't pay attention.

Not sure why your parents are yelling at you for something you didn't cause. Don't need that stress..for sure.
tech4pdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #28
Missy
Blue Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitigir View Post
If I was your parents, I wouldn't yell at you, or whichever that makes you feel worse. 10 years ago, I was involved in an accident with a 3 months old bran-new car (camry)

I called my mom, and I expected for her to yell her lungs out into my face, but nah. Her first reaction was.

"Are you hurt ? Did you call the police ?"

I cried hearing those words. Because I remember 1 minute ago I was crawling out of my car, and wishing for the car to be scratched, but I saw it's side crumbled.

That camry was my mom first brand new car ever..
I think they feel like I drive around like a daredevil and they think I was "asking for trouble" and since I wasn't bleeding or crippled they know I'm ok and they're taking out some of their frustration.