follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #15
Supermassive
Senior Member
 
Supermassive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 116
Thanked 831 Times in 360 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
That one I dont know, Im pretty sure my kit comes with an upgraded fuel pump but I wont be 100% sure til its delivered. Its one of those things that I feel is better to have for peace of mind, regardless of the need. Sorry I couldnt give a better answer, I would PM one of the turbo kit builders on here and see if they might be able to better clarify this stuff for you.
Supermassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:48 AM   #16
seven
Tells it like it is
 
seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: SS1LE | F150 Diesel | Civic | S3
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 823
Thanks: 62
Thanked 279 Times in 122 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Well I figure I'll buy the AVO kit, run it on the tune they supply... and over a weekend do injectors/pump and boost controller, then dyno tune it on E85... make some decent power with it.
__________________
-Seven || youtube.com/turnsevenvideo
2012 C6 Grand Sport 4LT
2015 Mazda 3i-T/Tech
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:12 PM   #17
Exhaust
UCanThrottleMyBody
 
Exhaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2015 GM 370z Sport
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,353
Thanks: 657
Thanked 380 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
If im reading this correctly I would need new injectors at 200-240whp? Why? And what would you guys think would be a comfortable size?
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:42 PM   #18
Tansey86
Senior Member
 
Tansey86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2003 Subaru Outback
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,318
Thanks: 154
Thanked 529 Times in 300 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
If im reading this correctly I would need new injectors at 200-240whp? Why? And what would you guys think would be a comfortable size?
If you are running pump gas, as AVO stated you will be running 90% duty cycle at 280rwhp. If you don't plan to exceed that hp rating you are fine with stock injectors. If you want to go past that Id use this formula to calculate what exactly you need.
Injector size = (HP x BSFC) / (number in injectors x duty cycle)

Or you can ask a tuner on here like Visconti who has extensive fuel system R&D done on this car.
**Note: You will need to compensate for about 30% more fuel at a given rwhp rating if using e85.
Tansey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
Exhaust
UCanThrottleMyBody
 
Exhaust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Drives: 2015 GM 370z Sport
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,353
Thanks: 657
Thanked 380 Times in 248 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tansey86 View Post
If you are running pump gas, as AVO stated you will be running 90% duty cycle at 280rwhp. If you don't plan to exceed that hp rating you are fine with stock injectors. If you want to go past that Id use this formula to calculate what exactly you need.
Injector size = (HP x BSFC) / (number in injectors x duty cycle)

Or you can ask a tuner on here like Visconti who has extensive fuel system R&D done on this car.
**Note: You will need to compensate for about 30% more fuel at a given rwhp rating if using e85.
Thanks for the heads up, whats BSFC if you dont mind me asking?
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
Tansey86
Senior Member
 
Tansey86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2003 Subaru Outback
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,318
Thanks: 154
Thanked 529 Times in 300 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhaust View Post
Thanks for the heads up, whats BSFC if you dont mind me asking?
Brake specific fuel consumption
Tansey86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
PERRIN_Jeff
Senior Member
 
PERRIN_Jeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Drives: Matte Black STI
Location: PERRIN Performance
Posts: 119
Thanks: 17
Thanked 1,546 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven View Post
So ok, to be more specific...

- this is the forced induction forum - So assumed forced induction
- I ask because companies like AVO are making 230-250whp on stock injectors and while I like their kit, I know I will want more power shortly after... I'd like to know when I'd need to plan for injectors, so I can budget for the upgrades to happen all together and not have issues.

Thanks guys
I think that it all depends on the HP you are shooting for or the boost you want to run. At this point we see no need for bigger injectors running 10psi at 7500 RPM. I am seeing plenty of fuel in the car. I think that most tuners are going straight for the injectors for a few reasons. One is, it's easy to add fuel without pushing the ECU to do more just dropping in some injectors.

I have been messing with this ECU for a long time, tweaking maps that may or may not do anything just to see what happens. All I can say is that I am not seeing a need for bigger injectors running the Vortech SC kit in both stock form (tuner kit) and even an upgraded form we will be offering. That means a pretty decent savings in $$$!
PERRIN_Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 AM   #22
seven
Tells it like it is
 
seven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: SS1LE | F150 Diesel | Civic | S3
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 823
Thanks: 62
Thanked 279 Times in 122 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Jeff View Post
I think that it all depends on the HP you are shooting for or the boost you want to run. At this point we see no need for bigger injectors running 10psi at 7500 RPM. I am seeing plenty of fuel in the car. I think that most tuners are going straight for the injectors for a few reasons. One is, it's easy to add fuel without pushing the ECU to do more just dropping in some injectors.

I have been messing with this ECU for a long time, tweaking maps that may or may not do anything just to see what happens. All I can say is that I am not seeing a need for bigger injectors running the Vortech SC kit in both stock form (tuner kit) and even an upgraded form we will be offering. That means a pretty decent savings in $$$!
In short, I won't need any more than 400whp and the turbo on the car (AVO kit) will likely not make that much anyway (maybe 400whp but definitely no more, will likely be pushing hot air by then). Realistically I'll be making 350-370whp MAX, but I'd like a cushion of course.

Please note this is likely to be on E85 and as a result the injectors will need to be larger to make that power level than on 93.
__________________
-Seven || youtube.com/turnsevenvideo
2012 C6 Grand Sport 4LT
2015 Mazda 3i-T/Tech
seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #23
ravenblackfrs
Senior Member
 
ravenblackfrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2013 Raven Black FRS
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 628
Thanks: 415
Thanked 120 Times in 98 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
If the stock rhp is 167.... I'd like to be about 250+ rhp. I cant imagine pushing 400+ rhp from this car. I can get mine sideways with the car running stock. At some point its not even fun to drive anymore. Problem I had with my stock X Runner, when the road was wet, I couldnt keep the ass end from sliding. Sucked having to granny it cause the ass end kept sliding when I didnt want it to.
ravenblackfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #24
FA20Club.com
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,335
Thanks: 24
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Youll get close to 300whp so the 280whp mark is a good point to stock at without pushing the duty cycle too far
FA20Club.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #25
gmookher
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Drives: VortechSC,BorlaEL,Perrin,GCRace
Location: HighHeatHighAltitudeAZ,USA
Posts: 2,254
Thanks: 458
Thanked 669 Times in 394 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Jeff View Post
I think that it all depends on the HP you are shooting for or the boost you want to run. At this point we see no need for bigger injectors running 10psi at 7500 RPM. I am seeing plenty of fuel in the car. I think that most tuners are going straight for the injectors for a few reasons. One is, it's easy to add fuel without pushing the ECU to do more just dropping in some injectors.

I have been messing with this ECU for a long time, tweaking maps that may or may not do anything just to see what happens. All I can say is that I am not seeing a need for bigger injectors running the Vortech SC kit in both stock form (tuner kit) and even an upgraded form we will be offering. That means a pretty decent savings in $$$!
so 9psi becomes a safe target for OE motor and injection, cool
gmookher is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My oil level was low! FRSjeff Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) 22 12-15-2012 11:22 PM
Deatschwerks Injectors - Released FT-86 SpeedFactory Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 0 09-08-2012 04:20 PM
Deatschwerks BRZ/FR-S Fuel Injectors! RallySport Direct Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 2 09-07-2012 06:29 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.