follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 PM   #15
blkwrxwag

Drives: DS FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's all about the toggle switches for me - they just look so much better! The keyless I don't really care about after using it for a while, and the auto climate always blows out too much air for my liking, so I end up putting the fan in manual.

Now the heated seats... I may grow to love them in the winter.
blkwrxwag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
GregV

Drives: Kia Stinger GT2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I am already getting use out of my heated seats driving to work with the windows down in the AM while it's still 60F.
GregV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
stat1

Drives: BRZ - WRB 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My 2 cents ... the Premium will get you everything you need and IMHO the seats are better, being more durable, better looking and in my case, more comfortable. I guarantee you wont miss the OEM wing and I very rarely used the heated seats in my WRX Limited. Save a few grand for mods, track time, or hookers off the internet.

The fact that the base Premium comes standard with Nav, A2DP Bluetooth streaming, HID headlights and split folding rear seats is amazing considering BMW charges extra for each of these options to the tune of several thousand dollars. SUBARU 4 LIFE
stat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Maps316

Drives: Nissan Altima
Garage
I went with the premium cause I didnt care for the leather seats, rear wing and fog lights. Plus I wanted to put my own upgrades so to me the premium was a great stock car
Old 08-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #19
SLEEPER WRX

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I went with premium
Didn't want any of the limited items
Black leather is too hot and uncomfortable - cloth breathes more
Keyless / push button is too complex and problematic
Auto climate : I'll turn it on when I want it on
I'm doing an aftermarket mirror, so didn't want that
Like the look of the rear w/o spoiler
All the other real important stuff is the same
Bottom line = personal preference
SLEEPER WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I'll say the keyless entry/start is well worth it's weight in gold. I really love the interior over the Premium I sat in a week or so ago, just feels more substantial.

The Nav is ok but not great, I don't need nav but having the touchscreen is nice.

Auto temp control is wonderful, I can't believe how much I used to fiddle with the controls, now I never touch them.

The fogs are key to looks in my mind but that's purely up to you, along with the spoiler that I think fills the car out.

All in all, I think it was VERY worth it to get the Limited.

Compared to the WAY overpriced options on the Mustang I just put a deposit on, the BRZ Limited is one HELL of a value.
Old 08-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #21
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
For me, this is my first NEW car, (i have 6 cars currently and have owned idk maybe 13 or so and I'm 27) So i wanted a car that was as modern and comfortable as possible (only 2 of the previous cars were even OBD2, and those were both tow vehicles) I thought I was going to be happy with a premium, because it is a heck of an upgrade over my 240sx's or the '79 malibu Wagon (4 on the floor bitches)

and then...keyless entry and start...sorry gentlemen, that's all you really need to know, I'd happily sell the spoiler.
The heated seats are for "HER"
I appreciate the dual zone climate control (keeps "HER" quiet and me cold)
I really appreciate the upscale look and feel of the seats, anyone complaining about the seats either doesn't understand where there is and where there isn't leather, doesn't understand Alcantara how well it breathes and wears, or is simply a hater.
Fog lights are a must on any car they are an option, I'm a sucker for OEM lighting, and my good friend runs ClearCorners.com so I'll just make him hook it up with some ballerness...(fogs are different color temp than the rest of the front end lighting that is my only complaint.)

I love my Limited, I feel it is well worth the price increase, and it will be worth more should you ever be forced to part ways with you dear sweet love someday.

I think the seats are just as "worth it" as the keyless start really, they set this car apart from the FRs and premium entirely, a couple FRs owners have sat in my car, and they just couldn't figure out what was so much better, and it came down to the seats for both of them, they just make the car feel like it is in the next higher price bracket.
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #22
iLuveKetchup
My VTEC fluid is full

Drives: EFF JAY
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I much prefer the Premium seats over the Limited. The mesh material hold you in better.. and I don't know if it's just me (and I felt the same when I had an STi vs WRX) but the Premium seats feel more bolstered. Not sure it's because of the material?
iLuveKetchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:52 PM   #23
rawbz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
thought I'd chime in here as a limited owner with a con against it, the alcantera seats are significantly nicer in quality and look but alcantera may not breathe as well as the mesh. Obviously better than leather and keeps you planted but those long hot summer drives without AC (for more power!!) do get quite warm on the back and bottom.

just something else to consider as most has been covered above

Last edited by rawbz; 08-24-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: .
rawbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
Skye

Drives: TR2,CooperS,BRZ
Go for the extras, fog lights can be a safety feature for early morning starts, I have used them on I81, I20. The wing may give you a tiny bit less drag.
Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:36 PM   #25
ryc26

Drives: BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I went for the premium, mostly because I absolutely hate the spoiler. I also didn't care much for the keyless entry or the heated seats (the latter being pretty useless in SoCal). And, the interior of the premium is actually much better in person than I had expected. The one thing that would be nice to have is the lighted passenger vanity mirror, if only to appease the girl.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #26
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
I ended up purchasing a tweener Premium w/spoiler + Homelink mirror option. As far as the missing foglamps are concerned, I plan on swapping with the JPN BRZ housing with just the foglamp, not the DRL + foglamp. Every other element of the Limited in my eyes is a nice to have but not absolutely necessary in Northern CA (leather, dual climate, push start, alarm, chrome fender). What would have tipped the scales would have been better tires and brake pads.
Norkoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #27
stat1

Drives: BRZ - WRB 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post

The heated seats are for "HER"
I appreciate the dual zone climate control (keeps "HER" quiet and me cold)

I think you win this thread... Get the Limited to shut your lady friend up and keep her ass warm :happy0180:

Last edited by Guff; 08-24-2012 at 07:37 PM.
stat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #28
jkonquer

Drives: 2005 Subaru STI
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
only thing i want from limited is the AC dash portion. other than that i don't really care for heated seats or kayless entry