follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-11-2017, 09:30 PM   #15
roddy

Drives: '13 Ultramarine
Thanked 1,165 Times in 685 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
I would just skip everything else, go straight to a JRSC and some sticky tires on the stock wheels. That is exactly what I did. You can't believe what this car can do after that. Don't waste your money on anything else in the beginning. But you can decide what to do after that.

More or less what I was going to say (minus the SC)...tires first. The stock brakes will out perform the stock tires with ease. Throw some good tires on the stock wheels, maybe some more aggressive brake pads if you plan on track days/auto-x, and a cat-back for some sound.

Drive it like that for a year and hone your driving skills. Next year, you'll have a better idea of where you want/need to make improvements.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #16
Twinz

Drives: 2016 FR-S MT, 2015 Scion FR-S AT,
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchetHatter View Post

I do plan on going to the track eventually, although I wanted to get a better feel for the car before I did.
Try seat time first. (Autocross, HPDE, etc)

Learn the classing rules for whatever sport(s) you want to run. As you pick up the pace with your driving, the modification path that's best for your skill set and chosen sports will come to you .
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twinz For This Useful Post:
HatchetHatter (06-14-2017), Syche (06-19-2017)
Old 06-19-2017, 12:33 AM   #17
Syche

Drives: 2013 Black FR-S 6A
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinz View Post
Try seat time first. (Autocross, HPDE, etc)

Learn the classing rules for whatever sport(s) you want to run. As you pick up the pace with your driving, the modification path that's best for your skill set and chosen sports will come to you .

Best advise I have heard in a long time. Having rallied and built a few pro street cars I have to say once you know what you want to build for in terms of class/style the rest just sort of falls into place I my self am going to keep her stock enjoy warranty. In the meanwhile some cosmetics and such are really where I am going to mess around for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22R
Syche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Syche For This Useful Post:
Twinz (06-19-2017)