follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 04-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #15
ChinatownDragon

Drives: 2016 Ablaze FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovin85 View Post
i have the winjet fogs and they are pretty nice... install was super easy and i threw yellow led's on them

How did you like the fitment and quality?
ChinatownDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:37 PM   #16
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclovin85 View Post
i have the winjet fogs and they are pretty nice... install was super easy and i threw yellow led's on them
I have the same fogs, and the physical installation was completely fast and painless. I'm ashamed to admit I never hooked them up electrically because I want them to work like fog lights are supposed to work; they should only be lit when the low beams are on, and should automatically turn off when the high beams are activated. If I connect the trigger wire to the ignition as suggested, they won't be tied in to the low beams, but will be controlled solely by the included OEM-looking push button switch. I'd like to connect the trigger wire to the low-beam circuit, but I stink at car electrical stuff and am too chicken to start poking around.

How did you connect yours? Were you able to locate the low beam wire?

Any ideas?

Thanks..
Old 04-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #17
mclovin85

Drives: scion fr-s
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinatownDragon View Post
How did you like the fitment and quality?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
I have the same fogs, and the physical installation was completely fast and painless. I'm ashamed to admit I never hooked them up electrically because I want them to work like fog lights are supposed to work; they should only be lit when the low beams are on, and should automatically turn off when the high beams are activated. If I connect the trigger wire to the ignition as suggested, they won't be tied in to the low beams, but will be controlled solely by the included OEM-looking push button switch. I'd like to connect the trigger wire to the low-beam circuit, but I stink at car electrical stuff and am too chicken to start poking around.

How did you connect yours? Were you able to locate the low beam wire?

Any ideas?

Thanks..
chinatowndragon:quality of the fogs arent bad but the fitmet of the fogs in the housing has a very very small gap but it wont affect the bulb or the fogs

musechaser: i just used the button that it comes with.. i didnt connect it to the low beam
mclovin85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:25 PM   #18
Khánh

Drives: sc00ter
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have oem fog setup but with Forester black housings and they're easy to change.. i have LED bulbs in them
Khánh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #19
RickyBobby

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I will have to look when I am home. The wife just picked a random mid price range set off Ebay without my knowledge. When I opened the gift I thought "oh here we go with some cheap ass Ebay knockoff crap" but I was very pleasantly surprised when I started checking out the components. As I said I haven't installed yet though so appearances could be deceiving.

Edit - About 98% sure this is the set here actually:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-2016-Sc...dV560D&vxp=mtr
Resurrecting an old post of yours. Did you install these? Looks like these are Spec-D. Their installation video shows removing the front bumper. Is this necessary?
RickyBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #20
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
Resurrecting an old post of yours. Did you install these? Looks like these are Spec-D. Their installation video shows removing the front bumper. Is this necessary?
I have not yet. Yes I am slow! My car is going into to be painted this spring so I was just going to do them then. Several people have said you don't need to pull the bumper though.
Old 02-02-2019, 11:08 AM   #21
RickyBobby

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S AT
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
I have not yet. Yes I am slow! My car is going into to be painted this spring so I was just going to do them then. Several people have said you don't need to pull the bumper though.
From the instructions it looks like it can be done without removing the bumper. I have Protekt skid plates installed so removing the bumper is not an option. http://site.specdtuning.com/installa...s%20101013.pdf
A few negative reviews on Amazon, mainly about bezel fitment. https://www.amazon.com/Spec-D-Tuning.../dp/B016RXWRC2

Still for the price I may get them. Although when I ask myself do I really, really need these??
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-12-16-S...nd!37801!US!-1
RickyBobby is offline   Reply With Quote