follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 06-18-2012, 03:37 AM   #15
ashtray
As Seen On The Internet

Drives: 2003 WRX, 2013 BRZ, 442
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Very cool! I bet with better tires (RE11, Star Spec, or better), losing the 200 pounds of dead weight in the passenger seat (was he there for all the runs?), and taking it up to red line, you'll shave 4 seconds off your times easily.
ashtray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Drives: Faster than the Stig!
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestwheelbase View Post
Ouch. I'd rather share lawn mowing duties on a Sunday.

Good to see the Benz being put to use! You've mentioned this track a couple of times. Do you get your money's worth out of the unlimited use membership plan or do you also like pay-to-play weekend events?
Well for example last month i did not use it at all because i sold my s14 and i was waiting on the FR-S i was so desperate for a track fix that i thought about tracking either the wifes car or my old merc, unfortunately all plans failed after the wife saw me in the garage rotating her tires and loading up my helmet in her car lol. But usually i go at least once a month some times twice even if i dont run ill go sunday to the club house and chat with other drivers , do maintenance in my track garage etc. I also do other events ive done scca and other auto-x events. Yesterday they had a Gymkana event at harris hill and i wanted to go but got lazy because it was to late to do the oil change on the car i missed it by the videos it looked great!! Im trying to do as much events on the weekends as i can but i need sponsors im limiting my self right now to a set of tires per month .

Here is the Gymkhana Event it looked fun
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z12dXoNJeCs&feature=related"]gymkhana run2 - YouTube[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan@aePerformance View Post
Loving your past cars! You got great taste.
Thanks man, i actually had your exhaust on my E90 M3!! Sounded amazing def the best sounding M3 exhaust out there, not to loud not to quiet just perfect!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtray View Post
Very cool! I bet with better tires (RE11, Star Spec, or better), losing the 200 pounds of dead weight in the passenger seat (was he there for all the runs?), and taking it up to red line, you'll shave 4 seconds off your times easily.

Passenger was not in the car when i did my fastest run but im sure i can lower my time at least another 3 seconds just by getting used to the car and revving to red line. I cant imagine what this thing will do with bolt ons suspension , light weight reduction, brakes and grippy tires. Im sure i could easily get a better time than the c63 with just those mods.
bestwheelbase (06-18-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #17
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post
It was strapped front and rear we were getting ready to get if off the trailer.
Cool. Be a crazy way to ruin a good day.
nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #18
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,189 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Out of curiosity why did you lower your tire pressure to 29? Most guys at the track that I've talked to recommend leaving the pressure at the OEM stock settings, or increase the pressure a little put to prevent sidewall roll. Personally I've always left mine stock (32/32) for my car. After 20 minutes sessions the pressure is usually up to 38-40.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:22 PM   #19
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
Out of curiosity why did you lower your tire pressure to 29? Most guys at the track that I've talked to recommend leaving the pressure at the OEM stock settings, or increase the pressure a little put to prevent sidewall roll. Personally I've always left mine stock (32/32) for my car. After 20 minutes sessions the pressure is usually up to 38-40.
You could say we were experimenting since the track was so hot. After about 10 hot laps the tire pressure was around 36. I will be rotating the tires and trying 30-31 psi this up coming weekend to see how it behaves.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #20
b1pkkf26

Drives: 2005 civic, FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Dude I am so jealousy right now, not about the car, I have it already. Just that I'm in Toronto and the closest race track is 2 hours drive. Just don't seem to have the time to go.
Congrats again on your purchased.
b1pkkf26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:01 PM   #21
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1pkkf26 View Post
Dude I am so jealousy right now, not about the car, I have it already. Just that I'm in Toronto and the closest race track is 2 hours drive. Just don't seem to have the time to go.
Congrats again on your purchased.
Yeah man that does suck H2R is only 45 mins from my house which is not that bad. Wish it was closer though my dream house would be next to a racetrack id love to wake up to the sound of engines revving!!
Old 06-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #22
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Ordered my cusco tow hooks today , im on the fence about getting black enkei rfp1s with hankook rs3's + some kw v3's for the track what do you guys think should i wait for more suspension options?
Old 06-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #23
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Now this is how you're supposed to break in your FR-S!

btw, those are some very nice cars that you've owned! What do you do for a living?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #24
korinfox

Drives: Lexus IS300 Sportcross
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcasso87 View Post

Here is the Gymkhana Event it looked fun

Off topic question. Is that an LS1 swapped Volvo 240? Please tell me it's a wagon too
korinfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 04:07 AM   #25
detainu

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS Monogram W/O 6mt
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Hmmmm, somethings fishy
detainu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:59 AM   #26
SWAMechFRS

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Asphalt 6-Spd
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Having been around Harris Hill a few times myself (with chumpCar in an E30 and 200SX) I am familiar with the track. Looks like you are maintaining enough monentum to have fairly decent exit speeds. I plan to track my FR-S as well and can't wait. Problem is we are now in the hot summer and track events are few and far between. Most likely will be with PCA or Drivers Edge in the Fall.

Great write up and videos. Thanks.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #27
track_warrior
Track Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Now this is how you're supposed to break in your FR-S!

btw, those are some very nice cars that you've owned! What do you do for a living?

Thanks man, I own a ticket broker business here in town, real estate in Mexico, and i trade precious metals from Mexico to China. Im part time in Mexico and part time in the US, keeps me busy though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinfox View Post
Off topic question. Is that an LS1 swapped Volvo 240? Please tell me it's a wagon too
Its my buddies volvo lol. i think he said it has a 5.0 swap not to sure ill ask him, its a sedan BTW.:happy0180:

Quote:
Originally Posted by detainu View Post
Hmmmm, somethings fishy
HUH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAMechFRS View Post
Having been around Harris Hill a few times myself (with chumpCar in an E30 and 200SX) I am familiar with the track. Looks like you are maintaining enough monentum to have fairly decent exit speeds. I plan to track my FR-S as well and can't wait. Problem is we are now in the hot summer and track events are few and far between. Most likely will be with PCA or Drivers Edge in the Fall.

Great write up and videos. Thanks.

I agree track is so hot right now, i cant wait until november for super nice temps!! Im sure lap times will be better for sure.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #28
spiller

Drives: JZA70 Supra, Lancer Evo 5, 86 GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It looked like you were experiencing quite a bit of understeer through a lot of those longer radius corners. Was this the case or were you not attacking the lines so not to induce too much oversteer?

BTW nice work getting it straight to the track and good colour choice too . Im pretty envious of that track set up you have there too. How does your membership work, you just turn up whenever you want provided there isnt a meet on? It looked like you were the only guy out there...
spiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, fr-s, mx-5, pcasso87, track