follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #2619
TurtleFactory

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hello! New from Utah!
TurtleFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #2620
_Nickson_

Drives: GT86 whiteout
Hello, I have been reading here for over two months prior to have bought the gt86. Now it's in my possession for one month I understand all the good things you were all talking about.

Was having doubts between a new 370z or the gt86 but somehow ended up choosing the gt86 ;-)

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362433953.711675.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  65.3 KB

Greetings
_Nickson_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #2621
HighbreadEH3

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS, 1993 Civic Si
Accidentally posted in the BRZ forum =) Hello everyone just picked up my FS FRS last week in San jose. So far I love the car!
HighbreadEH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #2622
Kaimino

Drives: Impreza
Hello everyone! I currently have no intention of buying a new car anytime soon, including the FR-S/BRZ, but I'm looking forward to learning more about the car, the community, and most importantly meet some new people. Cheers! :happy0180:

I currently own an Impreza.
Kaimino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #2623
frostbitten

Drives: Whiteout Pearl Fr-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Hi guys,

Im nick, Just recently bought a Whiteout Pearl Fr-s. Currently im in the Winston-Salem/ Greensboro NC area. Being a full time student this car gets a lot of attention on campus. I have been stalking the heck out of the forum for parts and such and plan on doing a lot of work when time and money come around. Being a college student and owning a Fr-s kinda sucks the bank account dry.

here she is at home!
frostbitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #2624
Clembo
'Senior' Junior Member

Drives: 13 FR-S,08 Mustang Bullitt,06 MX-5
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Smile New Owner from Connecticut!

Hello everyone! First, a little background. I'm a retired defense industry Engineer, probably older than many here. Have been a sports car hobbiest for some 40+ years - mostly British cars while working and raising my family; MGBs, MG Midgets, Triumph TR6s and Triumph Spitfires for example. Simple, old-fashioned cars that I could work on myself and a good way to unwind on weekends.

After retiring (and being older with more aches and pains, of course), I found the 'working on them' part wasn't as much fun as the 'driving them' part! So I sold my British cars and bought a 2006 Mazda MX-5 Grand Touring roadster to start, a True Red beauty that now has 45K miles of country-road driving enjoyment. Just a great car all around and it was nice to be able to take it to the dealer and say "call me when it's ready"!

Next, having owned a Mustang back in 1968 and having watched the Steve McQueen movie 'Bullitt' a hundred times (well, the chase scene anyway), I bought a 2008 Limited Edition Mustang Bulliitt. This was my first muscle car since the 60s and I love it. I'm active in the local and regional Mustang clubs now as well as the Bullitt forum. Being an LE, the Bullitt is driven sparingly and is kept in more or less concours condition for shows and cruise nights.

While busy enjoying those two cars I must have had my head in the sand because I never even heard of the BRZ or the FR-S when they came out. It wasn't until a Subaru friend mentioned them a couple of weeks ago that I began to learn about what the are. While doing my research about them I took a test drive in an FR-S and it was all over! It was love at first drive! Had my Toyota dealer find me one immediately. The closest Firestorm FR-S was over 100 miles away in New York, my dealer picked it up February 27th and I drove it home on the 28th.

So now I have the best of all worlds IMO - a fun roadster for sunny days, a trophy winning muscle car for shows and cruises and now a very special FR-S coupe that will be my daily driver. At my age I'm not much for mods but I will add a few personalized accessories just for fun. I plan on finishing the 'break-in period' in another week (already at 500+ miles) and am looking forward to taking it to its limits soon. Even holding it to the recommended 4K (well, most of the time), this car is great fun and a pleasure to drive. I hope to see more FR-Ss (and BRZs) in my area this summer and meet other owners both in person and on this forum. Life is short and I plan to enjoy what's left to the max. And my new Firestorm FR-S is going to be a big part of that.

Clembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:31 AM   #2625
theaty

Drives: White
Hello from southern califronia, just purchased a white frs. So far so good
theaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #2626
bcj
Geo Tyrebighter Esq

Drives: '13 scion fr-s
Thanked 5,026 Times in 2,217 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Hello. I'm Brian from the Seattle area.
Saw a manual FR-S on offer late Friday evening, then went and bought it Saturday morning.
Whiteout.

I tend to hang onto my vehicles for quite a while, so hoping this will be another long term rig.
Started in grandpa's '61 2 door Ford Ranch Wagon with 300ci straight six and three on the tree.
First car I bought was a '64 Pontiac LeMans convertible. 326 2 barrel carb and factory four speed. I think that lasted about 5 years.
'64 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 for about 7 years. '84 Honda Civic S for 11 years. '95 Grand Caravan for the last 18 years.
All these consecutively, so I guess I'm old now.

Oh, yeah. Motorcycles too. '77 Yamaha XS400, '83 Honda 650 Nighthawk in the past. Rode the Nighthawk for 23 years. Great bike.
Currently have a '98 BMW K1200RS and an '03 Suzuki SV650.
bcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #2627
whiteoutfr-s

Drives: whiteout
hi

i just hit 600miles and im already having trouble shifting to 2nd gear when its cold.
whiteoutfr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #2628
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteoutfr-s View Post
i just hit 600miles and im already having trouble shifting to 2nd gear when its cold.
Don't worry, its gets much better over time. My 1-2 shifts were really notchy and made an audible "crunch" sound for the first 1000-1500 miles. By 2,000 miles my gearbox was perfect. Just takes a little time to break in. Don't sweat it...
Old 03-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #2629
sweetfrs

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Smile

hey wats up guys, i am new. i am a toyota guy, dads worked for toyota for 30 years, so my family has been a toyota family my whole life. I have had a 2009 camry, 2007 corolla s a.k.a. the rolla !, and now i am waiting my 2013 Scion FRS. The FRS is white, stick shift and has the bespoke system. Its going to be here within 3 weeks. Been waiting almost 4 months. Soooo im pretty hyped just wanted to say what up thooo lol
sweetfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #2630
Bingbong

Drives: Crv,Legacy-ultramarine frs
Smile hi

Sorry busy looking for wheels set up eyes burned on keeps reading lots of threads pictures etcs..thanks to all members it helps me alot.
=Oct 24th 2012 Ultramarine
=1,8--miles ...love it
Bingbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #2631
PineappleFriedRice
Truuu

Drives: 2013 FRS, 88 EF Civic, 05 Matrix
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Hey!
Miguel from Long Beach but currently residing in Roseville, CA(half hour east of Sacramento). I used to own a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon SE. It was a great car but aftermarket support for the Tiburon platform was dying out so I decided to look for replacement. I only intended on test driving the FRS when I showed up at the lot, but after being behind the wheel of this sexy beast, I just had to have it! A few hours I am a proud owner of a Firestorm FRS

GARRET .60 TRIM-UEL HEADERS-1150cc INJECTORS-DW FUEL PUMP-RACESENG CAM PLATE-PERRIN 3" CATBACK-ULTIMATE RACING 2.75 OP/FP-FBM CATCHCAN-SINGER 275AMP ALTERNATOR-MEGAN TRACK COILS-MEGAN F/R STRUTBARS-AXLE EXCHANGE ALUMINUM DRIVESHAFT-ACT 6 PUCK-ANARCHY MOTIVE SHIFTKNOB-XXR 535-HANKOOK VENTUS EVO V2-CS LIP KIT
Build Thread - FA20FAIL Archive
PineappleFriedRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #2632
jaydee_do_work

Drives: 13' Whiteout FR-S
hey guys im new here and really hoping to learn a lot. im 21 part time student work part time also.
heres where im coming from:

and i am at a local meet. thats me in whiteout, my fiance on the right with the asphalt (we got our cars together from the dealerhip) and my bestfriend next to her with the brz
jaydee_do_work is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo