follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 10-25-2012, 01:48 PM   #225
Synack
Boosted

Drives: Sideways
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrefaei View Post
Hehe you dont like it? What about the 400kit from Accelerated Performance?
My turbo kit is good up to 500hp. It's not that I don't like it, I love it. But this car desperately needs power below 5000rpm. It's a joke below 5k.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #226
jadewbj

Drives: 2013 Whiteout Scion FRS
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I'm really hoping that the HKS supercharger or Vortech are affordable.
jadewbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #227
chrisrefaei

Drives: 2008 Eclipse Spyder, 2010 ralliart
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
My turbo kit is good up to 500hp. It's not that I don't like it, I love it. But this car desperately needs power below 5000rpm. It's a joke below 5k.
Understood completely may I ask why was the Fr-S your decision opposed to the BRZ. Im looking into the BRZ LImited.
chrisrefaei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #228
linkwpc

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
About time!
Old 10-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #229
Synack
Boosted

Quote:
Understood completely may I ask why was the Fr-S your decision opposed to the BRZ. Im looking into the BRZ LImited.
Cheaper, BRZ front bumper is hideous, Five Axis, availability (this mostly).

If I had to do it again I would've gotten a top of the line BRZ in white, and ripped off the front bumper and replaced it with an FR-S front bumper. I'd also rip off the rear spoiler and find a way to install the Five Axis kit all around.

I got the car in early July and everything was sold as soon as it came in. I just jumped on the first white twin that I could get my hands on.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #230
chrisrefaei

Drives: 2008 Eclipse Spyder, 2010 ralliart
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
Cheaper, BRZ front bumper is hideous, Five Axis, availability (this mostly).

If I had to do it again I would've gotten a top of the line BRZ in white, and ripped off the front bumper and replaced it with an FR-S front bumper. I'd also rip off the rear spoiler and find a way to install the Five Axis kit all around.

I got the car in early July and everything was sold as soon as it came in. I just jumped on the first white twin that I could get my hands on.
That's what im thinking of doing is replacing the front but iono where I would get the Bumper. I wanted The BRZ for the leather and alcatara and the push start aswell and for the wing

Last edited by chrisrefaei; 10-25-2012 at 03:26 PM.
chrisrefaei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #231
Synack
Boosted

Quote:
That's what im thinking of doing is replacing the front but iono where I would get the Bumper. I wanted The BRZ for the leather and alcatara and the push start aswell and for the wing
Coming from a Nismo 370Z I surely do miss that push start.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 10-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #232
Dorb

Drives: 16 LM STI/13 LM BRZ/04 AVALANCHE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Exactly. People need to watch the development video. They clearly say the only thing that they wanted to really deliver was the chassis. Power and grip can be changed by the end user, the chassis not nearly as much.

Those videos do ROCK! When were they made? Lots changed since then, with sales being what they are and all.
Dorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:06 PM   #233
SkullWorks
Banned

Drives: SSM LT MT BRZ
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
OMG this rumor is aggravating,

since people are willing and gullible enough to repost these source-free fallacies I get to field 10 or so calls aday about how the BRZ is going to be turbo.

I hope Hachi got all the clicks he hoped for in spreading the stupidest of rumors for the 57th time.

I swear as information gets easier to share less people actually look for or value real information.

If someone wrote an article about bacon fat making you skinny if applied to the inside of your ears we would have a nation wide craze on our hands before anyone stopped to consider the reality of the situation...
SkullWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #234
Tanuki
Turtle Factory

Drives: Mint M3
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
OMG this rumor is aggravating,

since people are willing and gullible enough to repost these source-free fallacies I get to field 10 or so calls aday about how the BRZ is going to be turbo.

I hope Hachi got all the clicks he hoped for in spreading the stupidest of rumors for the 57th time.

I swear as information gets easier to share less people actually look for or value real information.

If someone wrote an article about bacon fat making you skinny if applied to the inside of your ears we would have a nation wide craze on our hands before anyone stopped to consider the reality of the situation...
Oh you mean like the "study" on drinking a glass of wine a day? Haha
Tanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanuki For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (10-25-2012), SkullWorks (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 06:52 PM   #235
TheSt|G

Drives: BRZ L 6MT, 128i 6MT, E39 M5, E36 M3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorb View Post
Those videos do ROCK! When were they made? Lots changed since then, with sales being what they are and all.
Yes, people are buying a NA car in droves. What part of that encourages a turdbro?
TheSt|G is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheSt|G For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (10-25-2012), SkullWorks (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #236
Dorb

Drives: 16 LM STI/13 LM BRZ/04 AVALANCHE
I'm guessing more HP to address most of the complaints. - At least from most of the reviews I have read. Your telling me that if you did not have one yet and a turbo version was offered in the near future you would not be excited? Sports cars like this usually have a small market. I'm guessing this car is selling way better than they thought, which maybe why they are hard to find.
Bottom line i would like to see some more HP I don't really care how they do it really either way, just offer a upgraded option would be nice to see. I really believe the demand is there. But then again I could be drinking to much again. Lol
Dorb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 01:54 AM   #237
Mango22
Winter is Coming

Drives: GBS BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
This post conflicts greatly with your signature line...just thought I'd point that out...
Good call, but I'm looking more at the resale value of the 2013 BRZ plummeting once the turbo version comes out. I completely enjoy my car, but if I plan on selling it down the road, I'm sure I'll be taking a big hit on the price because of this speculated turbo version, unless they continue production of the NA engine at the same time.

And for reference, "a fast car slow" would be a Lamborghini or a Ferrari, not a turbo'd BRZ...but considering the power to weight ratio, you may have a point.
Mango22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #238
shinigami052

Drives: Stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNS View Post
You're setting yourself up for multiple if-statements, or cascading
if-statements with this method of determining if a news_day is 'slow'
or 'fast'. *Since news_day is an object, you should be able to query
it and receive its current status with a single call, like so:

Also, why is the Turbo_BRZ an object iself? *It should be more
generic, so that you can pass an object around without having to name
it according to the news that it contains.

Based on all of the above changes, perhaps your code can be rewritten
as such (still a snippet of code). *I have written it sequentially,
instead of breaking things up into methods.

*(I still don't consider it perfect, it can be refined even further
and simplified even more). For example, autoreporter might be doing too much (things should be broken down into simple, focused and well defined operations).

The only real way to design a proper reporting system is to draw it out on a board (or use object design language to properly define objects and their relationships).

Bah.
Well the only way to really understand what each of us means is to fully flush everything out. My thinking was this:

news_Day is an object. Actually I'd probably put it as a variable in an object like Day and have an object inside called news with a variable of slow. isSlow would then be a boolean function that returns the value of the slow variable (basic OOP teaches to hide direct setting/getting of variables (information hiding) and to do it via functions). My personal convention is to use the "is" prefix for boolean variables and "get"/"set" for more complex variables. This helps keep things in line and at a quick glance I can tell that this function returns a bool and the variable is a bool.

Turbo_BRZ would be a variable. Since it seems to be used often, I'd make it to be a variable that could be used over multiple days instead of having to reiterate the same information over and over again (using proper code reuse techniques).

I guess it all comes down to personal preference but I tend to try to do things as compact as possible. I typically spend 90% of the time on a project pseudo coding and writing all the logic out first. Plus comments are always my best friend.

But anyway...

string Turbo_BRZ = "...";

Day Today = new Day();

/* set all the variables blah blah blah */

if(Today.news.isSlow()) report(Turbo_BRZ);

/*end of function*/
shinigami052 is offline   Reply With Quote