follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-17-2014, 07:52 PM   #225
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi

Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnofthedead View Post
At least if you're going to charge that much give us FI not just a lip kit quad tips and a different dash oh let's not forget yellow
Even if they did it, you are not going to buy a factory FI FR-S or BRZ for under $35K.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:00 PM   #226
Shawnofthedead

Drives: Black on black with so much class
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Even if they did it, you are not going to buy a factory FI FR-S or BRZ for under $35K.
Probably not bc it would possibly have a similar set up to a FI genesis 4cl which isn't very impressive. Hence the argument ill just install FI myself be completely self reliant plus, I'm not going to buy a mustard yellow car with FI under 35k the corners that could be cut will be haha. This is obvious my argument is the fact they will possibly raise the price for essentially a mono with a lip kit and quad tips kind of aimless oh yeah and yellow?
Shawnofthedead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #227
Sideways&Smiling

Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I still think a power upgrade is coming some day. They are milking the car with minor upgrades and styling changes right now to get as much $$$ out of it as possible while it's still hot. When Mazda releases the new MX5, Nissan releases the IDx, etc. they will have competition and a reason to change things up.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:30 PM   #228
retrosmiths

Drives: Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoRaven View Post
Was your RS 7.0 a repaint?
I had a tC RS 6.0 and it was a repaint. All the body parts under the hood and under any interior trim pieces were a different color blue. It was the same color as that really dark dull blue tC color.
So I am wondering if the FRS RS is just a repaint? And if so what was the original color?
Someone asked earlier about the quality of the paint. I can't really say anything about quality but on my RS 6.0 the repaint was very thin. I think they sprayed just enough to cover then threw 1 coat of clear on it to make it shine.
Nope, never heard of RS being repaints of base trims. Mine is as yellow as taxis.

Sent from my phone. Might have typos. Sorry.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #229
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
I still think a power upgrade is coming some day. They are milking the car with minor upgrades and styling changes right now to get as much $$$ out of it as possible while it's still hot.
I don't consider it milking, since they're at least introducing something slightly different each time. Depending on how you spin it, these are really just new packages or trim levels for the FR-S. If anything, they're giving the consumer some new options that keep the lineup fresher than if it were just the same plain FR-S available for the past two model years. It's not because they're lazy either, and it should be expected, with Scion's history of introducing numerous limited editions specific to a certain model year.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeeezNuuuts83 For This Useful Post:
Fly Guy (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 01:37 PM   #230
FRSupra

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegan_V View Post
Umm no, unless you can somehow see a miniscule difference in quality, Toyota paint chips just as easily as every other modern car. Be it 2012 or 2013 Camrys and Corollas, I see white spots and stone chips that have rusted on essentially all of them. Just checked in a BMW X1 today and I see some grey spots all over the hood. Chevrolet Tahoe, same thing. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferraris and Rolls-Royces have the exact same problem despite costing significantly more. If you don't want to see that, get a clear bra.
I can assure you Toyota has a higher finish quality than Subaru.
FRSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #231
Eurasianman
Chief

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSupra View Post
But the twins were built in the same factory.... I would assume they were painted in the same factory /skeptical

Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #232
Swift
I just Drive.

Drives: in the womb still
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasianman View Post
But the twins were built in the same factory.... I would assume they were painted in the same factory /skeptical

ZING!

-92' Acura Legend 5spd coupe twin turbo project
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 05:20 PM   #233
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurasianman View Post
But he was talking about Toyota's paint quality in general vs. Subaru's paint quality in general, not the FR-S vs. the BRZ.
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #234
frs10

Drives: tezla
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
thats a kicker... how will these cars be allocated?
frs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:29 PM   #235
Jegan_V

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
You can? Even though I've seen to the contrary? Again, I deal with newer cars after they've been used, the Toyotas fare no better than any other brand. I've even recently seen a 2014 RAV4 brand new, already scratched before its actually been delivered for use. That's how thin all of these newer car paints are, they're stupidly easy to damage. Its why I won't argue one is better than the other.
Jegan_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #236
Ec1990

Drives: '14 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
You can? Even though I've seen to the contrary? Again, I deal with newer cars after they've been used, the Toyotas fare no better than any other brand. I've even recently seen a 2014 RAV4 brand new, already scratched before its actually been delivered for use. That's how thin all of these newer car paints are, they're stupidly easy to damage. Its why I won't argue one is better than the other.
Toyota is also one of the only car companies still using single stage paint on some colors.
Ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:49 PM   #237
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Kostamojen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #238
MonoRaven

Drives: 2014 Monogram Raven
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
When I ordered my FR-S I told the dealer not to wash it or even touch it when it came in which they complied with. When I got it home and gave it a careful 2BM wash I found scratches all over it. A nice big one right by the corner of the spoiler like they dropped the spoiler installing it, Scratches all over the right front fender like someone leaned up against it and did the Chubby Checker. And scratches all over the top of the rear bumper. Not to mention all the swirls all over it. I can only imagine what the dealer would have done if I let them wash it!