follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 09-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #1653
fenton

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 1,614 Times in 726 Posts
Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
LOL! You really need to re-read the entire thread if you actually believe that nonsense! I'm not about to waste my time searching for you. Expose yourself asshat.

LOL! Numerous people, including yourself on several occasions, have stated emphatically that this ESC is much better than other FI solutions! Have you no memory?

I've actually been considering buying one of these instead of a Innovate SC but I still get sick of all the fan boy BS that you and the other cheer leaders keep spewing. All I ask is that you stick to the facts. A tune is a tune so quit implying that the ESC tune is so much less. No FI kit needs fuel system mods to make this power level so don't imply that other kits do. Please stop exaggerating ESC performance by only comparing it to the worst known dyno results for other FI kits.

IMO Rob's ESC is impressive enough without all the fan boy embellishment. Carry on...
If you can find a quote where I said this is better than all other systems out there I will give you 10000 Internet's.

I'll give you a recap of what I HAVE said. I have said numerous times that I come from high horsepower cars so I always wanted to add a sc (innovate is my fave) or a turbo (fb or fa20club). Problem is I don't have that kind of money right now nor the time or expertise to install myself. Install at a shop local to me would be murder on top of the product itself.

This product is a great little stop gap between a turbo or a sc. It produces a noticeable boost in power.... Sometimes even close to the base performance of kits dynod on base map 91octane.

This kit is not for everyone..... Especially those that have 6-7 k lying around to blow on car mods. If you are one of those people don't waste your time here.... Just go out and get a turbo kit and you will be happy with the performance.

Why would you ever let fanboys stop you from buying something that you truly want. This is the internet you don't have to listen to other people if you don't want to and there will always be people that will piss you off. This is product has a lot of controversy due to all the scans that used to exist. This has brought a lot more people to start arguments out of the woodwork

For us others that don't have that extra money we now have a great solution to get power.... Something that is noticeable as soon as you install it. Up until now all you could do on a lower mod budget was get nitrous....

Sorry if this has mistakes I'm in my phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
BlueDubbinTDI (09-01-2013), DAEMANO (09-01-2013), Pug (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #1654
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Full throttle Electric Supercharger Build Thread

As someone who has been watching this very closely, but not talking very often I feel I can offer a nice middle ground. First Fenton has been enthusiastic about the esc because at this price point there are very options that give you this much of an increase in power. Fenton may be a cheerleader for this but I believe it's because he's genuinely excited. Often he has given comparisons and has tried to be as honest as possible. I appreciate what he has done.

As for some of the asshats on here. Meh. You can't do much about it except try not to feed the trolls and hope things go well.

And for those of you that are saying you can get a tune for $575. Please tell me where. Since the last time I spec'd an ecutek tune it was around $750 for the cable license etc. I have already spent close to 1.3 k on upgrades for my car, and i am no where close to the performance this offers. I for one am looking forward to the release of this, and I hope to god I can convince my wife that I need this. "Insert whipped joke here"

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
If you can find a quote where I said this is better than all other systems out there I will give you 10000 Internet's.

I'll give you a recap of what I HAVE said. I have said numerous times that I come from high horsepower cars so I always wanted to add a sc (innovate is my fave) or a turbo (fb or fa20club). Problem is I don't have that kind of money right now nor the time or expertise to install myself. Install at a shop local to me would be murder on top of the product itself.

This product is a great little stop gap between a turbo or a sc. It produces a noticeable boost in power.... Sometimes even close to the base performance of kits dynod on base map 91octane.

This kit is not for everyone..... Especially those that have 6-7 k lying around to blow on car mods. If you are one of those people don't waste your time here.... Just go out and get a turbo kit and you will be happy with the performance.

Why would you ever let fanboys stop you from buying something that you truly want. This is the internet you don't have to listen to other people if you don't want to and there will always be people that will piss you off. This is product has a lot of controversy due to all the scans that used to exist. This has brought a lot more people to start arguments out of the woodwork

For us others that don't have that extra money we now have a great solution to get power.... Something that is noticeable as soon as you install it. Up until now all you could do on a lower mod budget was get nitrous....

Sorry if this has mistakes I'm in my phone.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-01-2013), fenton (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #1655
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Full throttle Electric Supercharger Build Thread

On a side note:

If I have an aftermarket intake how hard would it be to connect this to it? I figure the biggest problem would be the maf sensor since its on a different spot for each intake.

Also is the esc supported by just the connection to the throttle body or by both the throttle body and the filter box?

(I really don't feel like taking my bumper off again to reattach the damn bumper snorkel)

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel

Last edited by Sojhinn; 09-01-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #1656
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
On a side note:

If I have an aftermarket intake how hard would it be to connect this to it? I figure the biggest problem would be the maf sensor since its on a different spot for each intake.

Also is the esc supported by just the connection to the intake manifold or by both the manifold and the filter box?

(I really don't feel like taking my bumper off again to reattach the damn bumper snorkel)
Aftermarket intakes that connect to the stock location will work for the mist part. Perrin for example will work.

The connection to the throttle body and the connection to the airbox hold it in place securely. If needed a braket can be installed on the side of the compressor to secure to the frame as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to fenton For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #1657
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrank1972 View Post
And let me state, *for some people*, this system is VASTLY BETTER than other FI kits. There.. I said it here.

- for the person who wants minimal impact to the car

- wants a moderate increase in pep, doesn't need huge power, but loves a nice full torque curve

- wants to easily install/uninstall/re-install over a weekend (because I don't want to get my butt kicked in Street Mod)

No other system, not even the 'easy to install' Innovate SC can do this. Is it better for power than any of the turbo kits out there? Not even close. Does it produce more power and all the cool sounds than the base Innovate Kit makes? Probably not. But it does make for some impressive results, and it's exciting for a lot of people that it's achieving those results in a very different means (electric motor driven centrifugal compressor). Science, yo.
This is hard to understand for some people. I am asked constantly why I didn't just buy a turbo kit that offers more power. Everyone has their reasons, but for some its just "it doesn't offer as much power as X kit? Why would you even consider it???"

Several people have also referred to the innovate/Vortech kit as "overpriced belt driven fans"

There are fanboys on all sides of the argument. I am thinking about how much fun this ESC would be with my vortech kit to boost the low end power..... or if its even possible/feasible to have the ESC run in front of the supercharger
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJCarbine For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #1658
fenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
This is hard to understand for some people. I am asked constantly why I didn't just buy a turbo kit that offers more power. Everyone has their reasons, but for some its just "it doesn't offer as much power as X kit? Why would you even consider it???"

Several people have also referred to the innovate/Vortech kit as "overpriced belt driven fans"

There are fanboys on all sides of the argument. I am thinking about how much fun this ESC would be with my vortech kit to boost the low end power..... or if its even possible/feasible to have the ESC run in front of the supercharger
Oh I can't wait for that day... Would be super interesting to see. Technically it would work well together.... Only thing is you would have to cut up your vortech charge pipes.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #1659
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Last question from me. For you guys running the esc. Have you tried running it without the snorkel? A lot of the intakes produced more power when you removed the snorkel. I wonder if the same would happen with the esc.

Quote:
Aftermarket intakes that connect to the stock location will work for the mist part. Perrin for example will work.

The connection to the throttle body and the connection to the airbox hold it in place securely. If needed a braket can be installed on the side of the compressor to secure to the frame as well.

Installed Mods:
Old 09-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #1660
fenton

Quote:
Last question from me. For you guys running the esc. Have you tried running it without the snorkel? A lot of the intakes produced more power when you removed the snorkel. I wonder if the same would happen with the esc.
The esc was ran without a filter and produced the same gains. Identical. I didn't think the snorkel did anything ? Either way it would work but not sure if it would be worth the time.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #1661
Toma

Drives: Viper, Mustang, FD RX7, FFR GTM
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
The esc was ran without a filter and produced the same gains. Identical. I didn't think the snorkel did anything ? Either way it would work but not sure if it would be worth the time.

Yeah... normally I dyno them hood down.... but to test the filter and snorkel., I opened the airbox, remove the filter and rotated the maf side of the box up 45 degrees so that it was breathing on its own from just above rad support.. Left the hood up and blew a fan towards it. It made no more power than can be attributed to normal run to run variability. I think Bu Tang posted the dyno sheet from that test.
Toma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:22 PM   #1662
Pug
Atoning Unifex

Drives: '13 BRZ Premium, WR Blue
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I really need to get my controller/relay figured out... I haven't mounted the arm/disarm switch yet, so on my first night of having the system installed, I left it armed for three hours. Came back and needed a jump to start the car.

It's EXTRA annoying to know that there are then two fully-charged 12V batteries next to the dead 12V, but that I'd need tools (and to not be wearing a suit) to disconnect them.

Luckily for me and my wife the car next to us had jumper cables, so it took all of 5 minutes to get the car going again.

I've got a schematic for putting a relay in the engine bay, as well as the schematics for my controller that handles it from within the cabin. I need to get one or the other rolling soon.

In the mean time, I tossed my jumper cables in the trunk again.
Pug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #1663
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toma View Post
Yeah... normally I dyno them hood down.... but to test the filter and snorkel., I opened the airbox, remove the filter and rotated the maf side of the box up 45 degrees so that it was breathing on its own from just above rad support.. Left the hood up and blew a fan towards it. It made no more power than can be attributed to normal run to run variability. I think Bu Tang posted the dyno sheet from that test.
So from the sound of it. I probably won't have to reinstall the snorkel.

Installed Mods:
Old 09-01-2013, 03:15 PM   #1664
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Looks great guys cant wait for production!
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #1665
Toma

Drives: Viper, Mustang, FD RX7, FFR GTM
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
So from the sound of it. I probably won't have to reinstall the snorkel.
The snorkel doesnt hurt power and ensures coldest air possible.
Toma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #1666
raven1231

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S, 2016 DGM WRX
Thanked 3,118 Times in 1,667 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You know what would be cool to see? A race between a ESC equipped FRS and a stock FRS... Just to see the difference. Just saying in all your free time lol
raven1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to raven1231 For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-01-2013)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive