follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-30-2017, 01:08 AM   #127
Swoldier86

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I don't know. I'm puzzled about the lifting of the pedal. I get exactly what @Tcoat meant about it hanging up on the way back. The burning smell matches because I can picture the TOB hanging up on the center bushing as it melts. :/

Also there is the mystery of the loose cruise interlock switch. That has to be adjusted just so after the the clutch pedal travel is dialed in.

I'm not saying one way or another about the issue, just that something still doesn't add up.
The burning smell was just one time. After driving home in the rain with the AC on for the first time in a while. Could have been water and the exhaust causing the smell maybe I’m
Not sure.

The pedal never really felt like it was hanging on anything when I pulled up.

The cruise interlock switch nuts were loose, as well as the clutch adjustment nut. I am positive that the clutch has slipped down on that bolt over time, you could see where it used to be and where it was now. If you look at that picture I posted of it, it was so far down I couldn’t even see the threads on the back side at all.
Swoldier86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swoldier86 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (12-30-2017), Ultramaroon (12-30-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 01:25 AM   #128
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Drives: a 13 e8h frs
Thanked 36,619 Times in 18,982 Posts
Mentioned: 1109 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoldier86 View Post
The burning smell was just one time. After driving home in the rain with the AC on for the first time in a while. Could have been water and the exhaust causing the smell maybe I’m
Not sure.

The pedal never really felt like it was hanging on anything when I pulled up.

The cruise interlock switch nuts were loose, as well as the clutch adjustment nut. I am positive that the clutch has slipped down on that bolt over time, you could see where it used to be and where it was now. If you look at that picture I posted of it, it was so far down I couldn’t even see the threads on the back side at all.
Wow, ok. Previous owner adjusted the pedal but did a shitty job of it. Do you want to go over proper adjustment to make sure you have it right?
Old 12-30-2017, 07:32 AM   #129
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
What else did the previous owner do a half ass job on? I think I would grab a torque wrench and go around the car with it. Hahaha
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 08:48 AM   #130
Swoldier86

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Wow, ok. Previous owner adjusted the pedal but did a shitty job of it. Do you want to go over proper adjustment to make sure you have it right?
Yeah I’m not sure on proper adjustment I just moved it up a lot lol. Then I adjusted the cruise control switch back a little to where the clutch touches it.

This is why the cruise control quit working because the clutch pedal had slid down so much over time it wasn’t coming up enough to meet the cruise switch any longer. It was down so far that I couldn’t engage the cluttch.

But when I would pull up with my foot it would pull up on the bolt and the threads would probably twist just enough that when I pressed back down it had enough distance to engage the clutch.
Swoldier86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:17 PM   #131
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoldier86 View Post
Yeah I’m not sure on proper adjustment I just moved it up a lot lol. Then I adjusted the cruise control switch back a little to where the clutch touches it.

This is why the cruise control quit working because the clutch pedal had slid down so much over time it wasn’t coming up enough to meet the cruise switch any longer. It was down so far that I couldn’t engage the cluttch.

But when I would pull up with my foot it would pull up on the bolt and the threads would probably twist just enough that when I pressed back down it had enough distance to engage the clutch.
I can picture it. It sounds like you pretty much nailed the adjustment. As long as the cruise switch allows the master cylinder plunger to fully extend, you're good to go.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:54 PM   #132
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,986 Times in 16,484 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I can picture it. It sounds like you pretty much nailed the adjustment. As long as the cruise switch allows the master cylinder plunger to fully extend, you're good to go.
Speaking of a cruise control ...... that brings to mind a back-on-the-farm story.

It was a very warm, sunny, spring day, when I was driving our Oliver 70 tractor, pulling a disk, on the back 40. The neighbor girl, named Mary Ann was working the neighboring field, driving an Oliver 88 (a more powerful tractor) pulling a larger disk.

Now, Mary Ann was quite well endowed and had the reputation of being what we called a "c _ _ k teaser".

She was wearing short shorts and a halter top so she could get a tan. She would play this game of taking off her top when I was at the other end of the field ..... and then put it back on when I could catch up (in my field).

hmmmm....... what to do ....... her tractor was more powerful, so I couldn't catch her.

Ah ...... ha ...... I ran a length of baling wire from the governor on my tractor up to the seat. Then on one pass, while she was topless, I caught her looking, pulled the governor wide open and closed the distance to get a good look at her perky, subtle breasts, jiggling and shimmering in the sunlight .......

THAT'S ALL FOLKS ........

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 03:00 PM   #133
Ultramaroon
chicken tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
I ran a length of baling wire from the governor on my tractor up to the seat.
Genius comes from just wanting something badly enough.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:59 PM   #134
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,986 Times in 16,484 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Genius comes from just wanting something badly enough.
Yep, she was playing "catch me if you can" ........

humfrz
Attached Images

humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 09:07 PM   #135
Sapphireho
helmholtz resonator

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,370 Times in 8,676 Posts
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Speaking of a cruise control ...... that brings to mind a back-on-the-farm story.

It was a very warm, sunny, spring day, when I was driving our Oliver 70 tractor, pulling a disk, on the back 40. The neighbor girl, named Mary Ann was working the neighboring field, driving an Oliver 88 (a more powerful tractor) pulling a larger disk.

Now, Mary Ann was quite well endowed and had the reputation of being what we called a "c _ _ k teaser".

She was wearing short shorts and a halter top so she could get a tan. She would play this game of taking off her top when I was at the other end of the field ..... and then put it back on when I could catch up (in my field).

hmmmm....... what to do ....... her tractor was more powerful, so I couldn't catch her.

Ah ...... ha ...... I ran a length of baling wire from the governor on my tractor up to the seat. Then on one pass, while she was topless, I caught her looking, pulled the governor wide open and closed the distance to get a good look at her perky, subtle breasts, jiggling and shimmering in the sunlight .......

THAT'S ALL FOLKS ........

humfrz
She let you see. Like you said, c••• tease.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
humfrz (12-31-2017)