follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

AUSTRALIA Australia and New Zealand

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #15
Nardi330

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
i guess the general forums are good for aftermarket news and technical discussions tho.

but the whinging will dead down.
Nardi330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #16
armythug

Drives: Pegasus White 86GTS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote View Post
If Subaru Australia were not going to bring it in, why would they fly a bunch of motoring journos to Japan for a private test and then schedule their announcement to occur just after they all write their stories?
Hmm I thought that they were supposed to make the announcement on 30NOV. They're stalling for no reason and people are placing orders with Toyota.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #17
Nostalgia1987

Drives: Subi
From recent car articles journals i have had a read through, Subaru Australia will be making a decision about the BRZ 'before christmas', so it shouldnt be too long of a wait.

This has been an interesting thread to have a read through. Have to agree with the amount of stupid pointless complaining coming from the other parts of the forum and around the world. I dont like the A/C knob, the interior colour makes my hair look bad, where can i plug my iphone in so i can complain about everything else while im at it also, seriously GTFO! There is a fair amount of this ungrateful attitude on YouTube and online car journal articles also. Appreciate for what the car is, the amount of effort that has been put in the car since 2008 is true dedication.

Im looking forward to see what next year brings, the 86 should be a good buy. Also considering its a Toyota the intermediate services should be at a reasonable fixed price and considering its a naturally aspirated motor, insurance costs should be much, much, much lower than that of a current Subaru Impreza WRX.
Nostalgia1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:14 PM   #18
DA1

Drives: Accord Euro
Mushroom City

Mate i hear you loud and clear Toyota Australia have little or no information
and the dealers zero.

At this stage i have no idea what specs we are getting.The rest of the world have far more information than we do.

P.S. 6 months ago I listed to kept informed by Toyota Australia on the FT86.
They contacted me once about the new Yaris ,but not a word on the
86!!!!. (Also 2 local dealers) very poor.

Last edited by DA1; 12-05-2011 at 02:24 PM.
DA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #19
Slide
Banned

Drives: Toyota Aristo
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1 View Post
and the dealers zero.

At this stage i have no idea what specs we are getting.The rest of the world have far more information than we do.

Same!! I am pretty annoyed that Australia doesn't know anything... and the release date is set to be the same as the world.... so why can't we know as much as the rest of the world?!
Slide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:13 AM   #20
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slide View Post
so why can't we know as much as the rest of the world?!
Is the a major motor show on soon??

Well the international show has been and gone, bad timing i guess, whats on in January?
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #21
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

Drives: AE86 & depressing SUV
Australian International Motor Show isn't until October this year too, since it's being held in Sydney. (Syd and Melb alternate now and hold one decent show... Syd will have been in Oct 2 times in a row now, Melb was around July last year though!)

Other than Tokyo I don't really know of many major Asia Pacific region shows... Most of them are in the US or Europe...
PuGZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #22
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1 View Post
and the dealers zero.

bold: they know nothing was talking to a dealer that is run by toyota aus and they confirmed they only know rough arrival date, and he HAS taken deposits on that info already i was like wtf

underlined: i put my name down at that dealer, so that's up to about 7-8 times i've put my name down for this car and have heard nothing.

what we have to remember that we are a VERY small market compared to USA, europe & china. and alot less important than japan, we wont hear anything till a good 3-2months before release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFC View Post
Is the a major motor show on soon??

Well the international show has been and gone, bad timing i guess, whats on in January?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuGZoR View Post
Australian International Motor Show isn't until October this year too, since it's being held in Sydney. (Syd and Melb alternate now and hold one decent show... Syd will have been in Oct 2 times in a row now, Melb was around July last year though!)

Other than Tokyo I don't really know of many major Asia Pacific region shows... Most of them are in the US or Europe...
yes the motor show is in syd this year but it wont be on the traditional october date it has been moved to july to correspond a year after melbourne so that australia only truly has one show that arrives annually, again our car market is too small for companies to spend money on two seperate shows a year.
Calais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:57 AM   #23
Nostalgia1987

Drives: Subi
Perth Motor show was on a few months ago, first time since 2008. Was great to get that car fix again, have a look at all the models, ask some questions. I went and asked about the then named FT86 at the Toyota pavilion, what i got was a vista response followed by an uncertain answer, wasnt very helpful at all. Best place for intel is right here, on threads the admin creates and in the loop members who are in on the car development.
Nostalgia1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #24
JFC

Drives: 2015 86, 2015 Evo X
I cant imagine how Toyota Aus will Launch this thing. I highly doubt they will do what Japan and USA has done

But anyways i was thinking if we/someone/me started a thread specifying only known facts about this car.

Now true still many things up in the air as too what is available to who/where and what isn't but at least it wont be scattered across different threads.

Now i suggest this thread be a facts only thread with little too no views/opinions, only the facts. With who ever started the thread to read thru each day/hour/minute and add info posted to the first post.

This way its possible we wont end up with confrontational opinions getting mixed up with facts.

:happy0180:
JFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #25
PuGZoR
Long time obsessor

Drives: AE86 & depressing SUV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calais View Post
bold: they know nothing was talking to a dealer that is run by toyota aus and they confirmed they only know rough arrival date, and he HAS taken deposits on that info already i was like wtf

underlined: i put my name down at that dealer, so that's up to about 7-8 times i've put my name down for this car and have heard nothing.

what we have to remember that we are a VERY small market compared to USA, europe & china. and alot less important than japan, we wont hear anything till a good 3-2months before release.

yes the motor show is in syd this year but it wont be on the traditional october date it has been moved to july to correspond a year after melbourne so that australia only truly has one show that arrives annually, again our car market is too small for companies to spend money on two seperate shows a year.
Nah mate, it's in October. http://www.motorshow.com.au/ Don't ask me why they've got their dates set up like that, but it's probably so schedules don't (or do) conflict with other events going on in each city.

It's good that they've made it just one decent show in Australia. The Brisbane motor show was absolute crap, it was just a big car yard, and I have a feeling the Syd/Melb shows were the same. AIMS has been great the last few years, as they've had both reveals (of domestic and international importance) and plenty of concept cars from a lot of manufacturers.
PuGZoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 AM   #26
Calais

Drives: 2012 BRZ....finally
Garage
wtf when did this happen? i was reading that they were changing it to july for both. meh ahh well we'll just have to wait longer now, plus this is shit i was hoping for a reveal at the syd show if it was going to be in july, October's crap for an auto show down here everything is either out already or hasnt been released yet because the jap, europe and US major shows are either just after this or WAYYYYYY before. thats why the melbourne show always had the better cars and was the better show because it was just after all the major markets debut their cars.

NOT HAPPY JANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Calais is offline   Reply With Quote